TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Posting for my D:

When did you apply: 9/22
When did you get your UIN: In couple of days
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/9
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Biology (College of Science)
Class Rank: School doesn’t rank
SAT:
ACT: 35

When did you receive your admission decision: Oct 12
Major/College of Choice: Engineering
Class Rank: My School Doesn’t Rank
ACT: 34

In the Howdy Portal, it states WHOOP You Have Been Admitted, Major ENGE, does this mean she has definitely been accepted to Engineering, or might they still change the major to something else per their preference

Thank you and Congratulations/Good Luck to all!

@HappyMom19 , look in AIS , “next steps” will eventually say something like “sign up for NSC” or “decline offer” Also, in AIS, under My Communications > My Letters, an acceptance email will get posted there. Plus, she should receive an email.

Thank you; the letter seemed to indicate that the Engineering decision wouldn’t be made until December, then the email seemed to confirm she was actually accepted to Engineering. Looks like we’re good! Quick turnaround! Feeling blessed.

@HappyMom19 , did AIS give her the option to sign up for NSC?

@CamandCam yes it did

@HappyMom19 , Great! Congratulations!

New to this board…DD just applied…without having to read all 32 pages, what is the 6 tabs about? Current status Engineering review?

@vet2be93 If you visit the Howdy portal, there are 3 tabs available. When there are 6 tabs, it typically means that official acceptance to the university is soon to follow.

Thank you for your quick response. There is a lot of good information on these threads. I am assuming by what I read from other posts, that she is admitted to college but is under review for Engineering. Definitely a quick turnaround.

@vet2be93 when did she apply? what were her stats? Was she an auto-admit?

She was told she didn’t qualify for auto-admit because, she is out of state. Applied late Wednesday night, received
UIN number late Monday afternoon, and when she viewed websites she had 6 tabs. Her major shows Engineering review. Didn’t know the significance of 6 tabs until I started reading this board. Top 10%, SAT 1500, Biomedical Engineer applicant.

@vet2be93 your daughter was an academic admit (auto based on stats). Congrats. Sounds like she’ll get into Eng. as well with those numbers!!!

Just found out my application was accepted! :slight_smile: Not sure I’ll attend yet though, I’ll wait until spring to make a decision when I see what other colleges I get into.

When did you apply: October 9, 2018
When did you get your UIN: October 15, 2018
When did you receive your admission decision: October 16, 2018
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Biology BS
Class Rank: 21/634
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1400, 730M 670W 21E
ACT (with Sub Scores): None

Just checked my decision today…I was admitted! I applied mid-September and apparently my decision was released on OCT 11.

STATS:
Major: Political Science(College of Liberal Arts)
ACT: 29
GPA Weighted:3.749, Unweighted: 3.51
Rank: School does not rank but TAMU approximated that I was Top Quater(25%)
EC: Like 3 leadership positions
Essays: Pretty Solid
Rec Letter: Ok one from my Chinese teacher and one from my junior English Teacher
Senior Classes: AP Chinese, AP Stats, AP Calc AB, AP Biology, AP Environmental Science, College Composition 1
(Also took Dual Enrollment classes at a CC during the summer going into my senior year: Calc and Bio)
Comments: I took a lot of hard courses my senior year because during my other 3 years of high school I didn’t take a single AP or college class.

How long does it take for TAMU to review a transcript once they receive it?

@gigem87 I would think a couple of days. If you don’t see a check mark next to it after that, then I would call just to confirm it’s been received.

Have any recent admits (last week) received your packet or fold out welcome in the mail yet?

Got admitted into engineering.

When did you apply: September 28, 2018
When did you get your UIN: October 2, 2018
When did you receive your admission decision: October 11, 2018
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Computer Engineering/College of Engineering
Class Rank: 225/633
SAT: 1500

@cannonmom or to anyone who can give insight-So y’all have said that 6 tabs in “My Howdy” usually means an acceptance letter is on the way… well i have 6 tabs but i am not auto admit. Is this a good sign or should i not get my hopes up?
thanks for the help!