TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Can anyone help with this?

If I have been admitted with a major of Engineering Review, does that mean I have a guaranteed spot at the university, but potentially not in engineering? I’m a little confused on that. Thanks!

Well i should’ve checked my actual application before posting in here- I’M ADMITTED! i will be majoring in Political Science and doing the Corps of Cadets! However i will wait to see if i get accepted to West Point or the Naval Academy before i accept my offer. If i am doing the Corps i wont need to mess with housing correct? Thanks!

@toesinthewater , Did you start out with three tabs, and then it increased to 6 tabs? If so, from what I know from this year, that is a good sign that acceptance is coming. How long ago did you increase to six tabs?

@CamandCam yes i started with three and increased to six, idk the exact day because i haven’t checked it in a while
until today (i was not thinking i was going to get any sort of communication until December because i am wholestic review).

@CAstudent1 , that’s what it sounds like to me. In AIS, My Communications > My Letters, what letters do you have there? Is there a letter titled “Freshman Admit”, that says you have been admitted to the university and that Engineering applicants will be evaluated by holistic review? If so, then you have been admitted to the university but not yet into engineering. When you get admitted to engineering, in AIS, the “next steps” will give you an option to either register for NSC or decline the offer. A letter will also show up in My Letters stating that you’ve been admitted to engineering. Also, check out the other thread titled "TAMU CLASS 2023 - Engineering Admissions. There’s a lot of good info there.

@toesinthewater , sorry, I didn’t see your second post (#481) before I sent my reply. Congratulations on your admittance! I’m not sure about your housing question related to the Corps. But I think you’re right, cadets all stay in the same housing. Maybe somebody else here can give a definitive answer for you.

@CAstudent1 yes that is what it means. So welcome to Aggieland and I hope you get good news from engineering soon!!!

@CamandCam You wrote in post #484 “…option to either register for NSC or decline the offer. A letter will also show up in My Letters stating that you’ve been admitted to engineering” My son was admitted (10/11) and was able to sign up for NSC, but, no letter showed up in AIS. The latest letter he has is from 9/20 labeled freshman admit, stating that he is in engineering review. Hope there’s not a mistake!!

@Eggscapgoats , My son was admitted 10/12. His letter was posted to My Letters very early on 10/12, and then later that morning, he also received the same letter by email. Maybe it’s just a portal snafu that you didn’t get the letter. I think the important thing is that you were able to register for NSC which is acceptance of the offer. On the Applicant tab, on “Manage Applications”, what does it say for Major and Program?

@camandcam Thank-you! Under “manage applications” it says

“Texas A&M University - College Station Fall 2019 Application Status: WHOOP! You have been ADMITTED Level : Undergraduate Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-AE”

That is kinda bizarre and yes, a definite snafu! Did the letter have any important info in it?

@Eggscapgoats , The letter stated he was accepted to Engineering and to register for NSC by May 1. It also had a paragraph stating "Freshman applicants selected for admission to the College of Engineering are admitted to Engineering (ENGE)… and then followed by the general statement about the entry-to-a-major process. Under “manage applications”, before engineering admittance, the Major was listed as UN or UNEN (i don’t recall the exact term). After the engineering decision was offered, the Major changed to ENGE, which is what your’s states. So, it looks like you’re all good! Congratulations! But, being the obsessive compulsive person that I am ?, I would probably call admissions for verification.

@Eggscapgoats , Also, if you haven’t already, check out the other thread titled “TAMU CLASS 2023 - Engineering Admissions Decisions”. There’s a lot of good info there and engineering admission day posts from October 12.

@camandcam Oh, I am definitely ob/com and sent a question through AIS :)) . Want to make sure we get future letters!

If you have six tabs, you are in. Congratulations Aggie, and Howdy!! I have a Daughter graduating from A&M this year, and a HS Senior currently awaiting her “Review” application acceptance. We’re hopeful of course.

Again, welcome to the Family.

My daughter is in Top quarter and completed everything and her Application status shows as “complete and In Review”.
Does she have to send the Rec Letters? I just wanted to confirm. She is a review admit

@DD1000 Rec letters are not required at all and I’m not sure how much weight they hold. They don’t hurt to have tho. What are her stats?

GPA is 3.6, ACT 29, and in HOSA and did lab internship. Applied for Biology major

@DD1000 okay so here’s my suggestion… get a LOR from internship AND if she held an officer position with HOSA, have the sponsor write one. Upload onto ais. Easy peasy. I will say with her act and top quarter she should get full admit. Where did she land in quarter?

Thanks for the reply. She is in 16%.

When did you apply: August 26th (though transcript was received by them September 18th - school had an issue sending it out)
When did you get your UIN: August 28th
When did you receive your admission decision: October 12th via AIS
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Animal Science
Class Rank: 118 / 424
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1370: R/W 730, M 640
ACT (with Sub Scores) 32: E/R/S all 33, M 27

I know I’ve been accepted from AIS and I’ve registered for my NSC as well, but I still haven’t received the physical letter of admission. I checked the Communications tab on AIS and it says it was sent to my address on October 11th… how long did it take for the rest of you to get the letter? And do you know when we will be able to register for housing? Thank you so much!