TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@JaceyK Yes, I see that it shows “CLASS RANK (1st Quarter)” and a red X. I know my transcript has been processing for quite some time and I was thinking if either showed: the items within the parentheses were my rank, the X meant they haven’t processed it, or the X meant I haven’t met “1st” quarter. I just wanted to verify with other people where their ranks were showed.

@nrvsmom congrats. Can you please share the stats? It helps with the next cycle. Thank you and welcome to Aggieland!!!

Status officially updated to Accepted. OOS 4.05 GPAw. 33 ACT.

@wolfgang54 red x means not received. Did your school put the rank on the transcript? Call the admissions office to find out why it still has red x.

My daughter’s is still a red X but her school does not rank. They received her transcripts over a month ago but still not calculated. I have pinged twice so just going to wait for now until it clears as there isn’t anything we can do at this point. I am also curious where in the portal the actual rank is displayed once it is received or calculate by A&M.

@JaceyK Sorry I forgot to mention that my school does not rank.

@AggieDreamin On AIS does it say “CLASS RANK (1st Quarter)” for you or is there something else in the parentheses?

@wolfgang54 Right now it just has a red X but no parentheses

Hey, if anyone could share thoughts on admissions chances??? I have very strong extracurriculars (Leadership Positions in school clubs and outside), at least 150+ volunteer hours, summer internship/job, taken 10 AP classes and dealt with multiple hs moves (not super relevant but essay is on topic). Am accepted into Baylor, U of H, ACU, Texas State, Tech, UNT, UTD and applying to UT as well. THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!

When did you apply: 10/23/18
When did you get your UIN: 10/26/18
When did you receive your admission decision: Not yet!!!
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Psychology (1st), Children Professional Studies-Education (2nd)
Class Rank: 325/760 with a 3.73 GPA
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1400- 690 ELW and 710 Math
ACT (with Sub Scores): 30- 29 E, 26 M, 33 R, 31 S but only submitting SAT.

• also am a legacy but i know that is not really a factor.

@treehugger2023 Everything looks solid except for your rank. 42.7% is rough. If your essay details why ranking is so low when you are obviously smart based on test scores, then you have a decent shot! And you’re right, legacy is irrelevant. And why wouldn’t you submit both ACT and SAT? Both are academic admit level so it’s not going to hurt you. You could also add a LOR and resume to your application package on AIS! Again, can’t hurt. Good luck and please keep us posted.

Hi ! @AggieMomhelp -my son had taken ACT back in his junior year and didn’t do well but then took the SAT and did well but we submitted both ? will that negatively impact him? He is going for engineering.

@BB1724 they will look at what benefits your son the most. So no, it will not impact him negatively at all. No worries!!! Good Luck!

@BB1724 Your son sounds like mine! He did poorly on the ACT (English really, Math was good), but did much better on the SAT (thank-you Khan Academy!). Learned our lesson about not automatically sending those scores, though I don’t think it hurt him - he was accepted :slight_smile:

Thank you both! And Congradulations! So happy for your son!

When did you apply: 10/20 but my transcript didn’t process until 10/25
When did you get your UIN: 10/23
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/30
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: auto
Major/College of Choice: allied health
Class Rank: top 10%
ACT (with Sub Scores) composite: 29 english: 32 math:27 reading:31 science:25

@treehugger2023 your stats are great! You mentioned you moved several times and I am guessing it affected your class rank. If this is the situation, maybe try to get a LoR from your HS counselor explaining this and submit it. Best wishes!

Just got back from Aggie Land and already miss it! So much fun apartment hunting and even stayed an extra night. I have a question about Recommendation Letters…do you upload them yourself to the portal under My Documents or do you have them sent directly from the author? If she needs to have them sent directly how do you advise the author to do that? Thanks!!!

@AggieDreamin My son scanned his two letters and uploaded the .pdf files into My Documents, in AIS. That was really convenient. Sorry, but can’t help you with how the author would send them directly to TAMU.

@Eggscapgoats That is perfect…thank you! That is the only way I could see but thought it was a little strange that the student uploads them.

@AggieDreamin glad y’all had fun!!! Where did you eat?

@AggieMomhelp First night we ate at the Canteen at Calvary and the 2nd night we at at Fuego Tortilla Grill. Both were yummy. We wanted to eat at Porter’s but only had casual clothes with us so we will put it on the list for next time!