TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Funny us too and I find myself being hopeful that Monday could be a magical day!

See yā€™all there on Monday, we will be there too

Iā€™ll be there on Monday as well! Iā€™m doing Spend the Night with the Corps! Does anybody know if admission decisions are released every day of the week, or just on business days?

I read something about email notification
Do they send emails typically
And are they sent first

So if Mays is full, you donā€™t recommend changing the application to the second choice?

Typically business days. Snd thereā€™s really no need to change your major. Emails are the last thing. Well I guess the banner is last, but tabs, ais, email then letter/bannner

@AggieMomhelp I think differently. I would personally suggest changing major. Why waste your first choice on something you know you canā€™t be admitted to? Of course, they will go to your second choice. But you will have a better chance of admission if you change that second choice major into first choice and choose another second choice major if you have one.

@futureaggie405 They donā€™t admit you based on your major. They admit you, and then they look at your major. Your major doesnā€™t affect your chance of admission.

@futureaggie405 I know it feels like it should work that way, but it doesnā€™t at Tamu. And what if Mays opens up a few more spots? Someone last year got into Mays in January. Review admit. You just never know and since it canā€™t hurt you, why change it unless 2nd choice has a chance of being full and you know what you want to put as a third choice.

Anybody know roughly when the next batch of admissions notifications are coming out? Iā€™m applying for civil engineering. Submitted my app on the 10th of October.

@ab2001 hard to say with engineering. Itā€™s been kind of like a rolling basis. For the rest, I would think we would have one this week. This year has been so different so really hard to predict.

Can you guys chance me for full admission/entry to the COE? Also is there a timeline for which I can expect a decision?

When did you apply: October 15th
When did you get your UIN: October 17th
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science/College of Engineering
Class Rank: 256/556
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1270 (620 R, 650 M)
ACT (with Sub Scores): N/A
APs: 10 (with some scores 3+)
ECs: 100+ hours volunteering at church, 4 years of varsity marching band (2 of those we advanced to the state marching contest, Executive Officer of the Music Honor Society at our school)
Pulls: Iā€™ve taken every computer science course (sans game design) offered at our school.

@chiagoziem I honestly feel your chances are slim for engineering at cs main campus. Your ranking and test score arenā€™t high enough. This is my opinion only and just based off past and current trends.

This is for my son, who I let handle things himself and missed the October 15th deadline. Sigh.

When did you apply: OCT 22
When did you get your UIN: OCT 27
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: REVIEW (by 10 points!)
Major/College of Choice: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Class Rank: NON-RANKING, ASSIGNED 1st QUARTILE
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1350 TOTAL (660 MATH, 690 WRITING & LANGUAGE)
ACT (with Sub Scores) N/A

State robotics competition, engineering notebook published for rocketry competition, 4 years of band, varsity sport, and foreign language, volunteer hours interpreting, lots of DC hours, heā€™s taken the most advanced courses his school offers, senior project, NHSā€¦ pretty normal stuff for a smart kid with some support.

Chances at this point? He says that if he doesnā€™t get into Engineering, heā€™ll go elsewhere. Iā€™m class of '94 and my husband is '93, but I say that if he doesnā€™t get on-campus housing, heā€™ll go elsewhere. :wink: Heā€™s received some attractive offers from TX Tech and Arkansas. Weā€™re going to visit Arkansas on Tuesday.

Need to know what my chances are. My whole family and their families are aggies and I want to be also.

When did you apply: doing it now
When did you get your UIN:
When did you receive your admission decision:
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: review
Major/College of Choice: psychology
Class Rank: 167/705
SAT (with Sub Scores) n/a
ACT (with Sub Scores) 29; 27 math, 27 science, 33 reading, 27 English.

I took as many AP classes as I could, grades not necessarily great in those, Varsity swimmer and letterman 4 years, track and field one year. NHS and rotary academic excellence award, debate 3 years, capt one year, sign language club 2 years, over 400 volunteer hours (teen court, SPCA, summer swim coach,

Who are good people to write letters of recommendation from? I did an internship over the summer with a juvenile court judge. Would that be a good one?

have any review admits been denied admission into mays yet?

How long did it take everyone to find out if they got in or not?

@jk3287

No one has been denied admission to A&M, for any major. So far, very few review admits have been offered full admissions and a very few to Mays, which this forum is the only one I have seen anyone post a review applicant admission to Mays.

It will likely be after the December 1 deadline before anymore review admits receive a decision, especially if it is for an impacted major, such as Mays. It would be a complete surprise if anymore review admits are admitted to Mays, as it is currently full, and any review applicant that is admitted that has Mays listed as first choice major, will simply be placed in their second choice major.

PSA decisions (Pathway to System Admission), which is considered a denial by some, and outright rejection decisions, are the very last decisions to come out and are not released until February/March.

@user13875 Auto/Academics who applied July 1 up to sometime in September, found out September 20 and those still applying learn their decision within a few days to a few weeks. The majority of review applicants who applied July 1 and after, can wait until March before receiving a decision. There are a handful of decisions that come out after March.

Can anyone give me an idea of how long it takes, once the HS Transcript has been received by TAMU, until they show that section complete, with the Class Rank designated?

Anyone get admission for Political Science? Spoke to admissions person last week and she said most portal updates are on Thursdays or Fridays. I havenā€™t seen anything on here to support this, but told DS anyway, as he is checking every morning at 8am to see if he has 6 tabs. He is review admit and we are hoping for full admit, but reality is telling us the best he may get is BlinnTeam. Which he is ok with. Just so hard waiting until Feb. for the decision. Have housing deposit at TTU, but he is thinking now if he doesnā€™t get TAMU he will go OOS. He has been accepted to Tech, Oregon, Arkansas, UH, SFA and Schriener. Waiting on Arizona State, Penn State, LSU and his number one, be all - end all TAMU. :slight_smile: Stats:

Applied: 8/1
AIN: 8/6
Class Rank: 36%
SAT-1310 (700Math/610 Reading)
ACT - 26
Major: Political Science/Econ
Varsity Letterman Wrestling - 4 years, Captain, Squad Leader
Texas Boys State
Lots of ECs and Excellent LOR.