TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Oh thank you for that information @papimama501. We went to info day last year, not this year. So there won’t be more Mays spots opened up after AA’s decline admission. Bummer! Thanks again!

@agclassof95mom who knows! All things are possible - I’m sure spots open up but likely a handful.

Mays admissions is just like Tamu admissions. They always accept more than will be actually admitted. I think the review admits that will get in were notified pretty early this year compared to the past few years.

On that note, econ is a great major of finance is your students thing. It pairs nicely with a business minor. Econ degrees are highly marketable.

I had hoped that Mays was still taking review admits, particularly with early app dates. Guess not - that’s super disappointing!

We went ahead and did housing deposit at Tech. That is a positive- he got his first choice Talkington. Just wish the wait wasn’t so long! Lol

@libbyshims did you just get Talkington this weekend? That was her first choice as well and we paid the extra premium deposit however, it wasn’t available even though we did it on day one. I was searching and didn’t see availability. I may need to talk to them directly.

Hi all! I’ve been reading through this post for a while now and just now decided to post!

When did you apply: September 27
When did you get your UIN: September 29
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Mays
Second choice: Psychology
Class Rank: 300/894
Unweighted GPA: 3.56
Weighted GPA: 4.05
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1270 Math: 610 Reading and Writing: 660
ACT (with Sub Scores) : N/A

I’ve been apart of drill team for four years, held a leadership position for two, student council for two years, volunteered at a shelter for kitties, around 100 or so hours, worked at target for almost a year, ran/run my own photography business, interned with a photographer over the summer, now work at old navy. I am also graduating early in December. I was just wondering how good my shots are at getting into A&M at all in either my first or second major. When I click on manage my applications it says: Application Status: Under Review Level: Undergraduate Major: BUAD Program: BAC-BUAD

I read another post about someone’s looking the same as mine and they got accepted so I was wondering if what mine shows is good or doesn’t make a difference as of right now. I also currently have three tabs, I’m just very anxious and have been a ball of stress from waiting to hear back lol. If anyone could give any advice that would be great! Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

@AggieDreamin We did the housing thing on Nov. 5th when it opened up. Site had crashed for a few hours and I happened to be working from home that day and kept refreshing. When it opened up I clicked on the first button available! I would keep checking back on the site as the housing person did tell me things change from day to day. Fingers crossed for you!

@libbyshims I had the same problem the first day! So frustrating. On the phone now with the housing team. Hoping to get on a list or something.

Hello, fellow aggiehopefuls. I talked to THE admissions office at TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY and they said they have no way of knowing if a school is full. They have let a small number of review applicants know already, but MAYS IS NOT FULL.

@aggiemomordad That would be great news but a complete contradiction to the announcement at the Mays presentation on Monday. My son even went and spoke with a Mays counselor after the presentation who confirmed that anyone who was accepted in Mays should know by now. He was hoping he might be in the last wave.

Interesting… still doesn’t mean that review admits still waiting won’t eventually get admitted into mays due to kids not taking the offer to attend. Not to forget there is blinn team!

Just to update our son was accepted as a review admit last Monday on Nov. 19th. He’s waiting on the “Engineering Review” to see if he’s admitted to the Engineering school as both his first and second choice majors are there. Howdy said he’d know about that by mid-December.

@tamu23hopeful Your manage application page means nothing at this time. Right now it’s just showing that you appied to Mays as your first choice major. Once you get into review and they make a decision, it’ll change to Psyc liberal arts (assuming Mays is full). Your rank and test scores are just below average for TAMU which doesn’t mean you won’t get in because that’s only 50% of what they look at in making a decision. Best of luck and please keep us posted.

Taking my son to take the residual ACT tomorrow. :-SS [-O< :-SS [-O< Regardless, I really think he will get in without it - just hate the long wait and anticipation!! Really praying for that bump in score so he can move up to academic!

Best of luck to him @jaceyk and good for him to take things into his own hands and good for you for supporting that!!! Please let us know and safe travels!!!

@jaceyk oh and remind him that he cannot write on the test at all. They will give scratch paper… Just needs to know that going in. It really hurt my son on the English section. He went down 3 points on that test in English.

Thanks! Need all the good luck we can get! But why did it hurt your son on the English part @aggiemomhelp?? My son says he only had to write for math, so I don’t know. He knows he can’t write on it though.

@aggiemomordad Interesting! I just did the online chat through the admissions website and was told that Mays is full?! I wonder why we’re getting conflicting answers?!?!?! Very frustrating.

So Tamu sent out acceptances for review applicants over thanksgiving? Anyone know when they are sending out the next batch of review acceptances?