TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@aggiemomhelp Well he did poorly. I really really hope that they are sincere when they say they look at highest score from one sitting. My son is deflated. :frowning: What a waste of a trip - I am so shocked at how different the tests are. How disappointing. Sorry - I donā€™t mean to sound so glum - we really had our hopes up and I know my son studied (fat practice book was used).

@jaceyk ugh Iā€™m so sad for him. I promise though that they use the score in the algorithm that gives them the best chance. I think itā€™ll be favorable that he has such a strong act and decided to do it again. Chin up. I believe itā€™ll all be okay. Heā€™s a strong candidate.

@AndyyBuii you also look like a really strong candidate. Rank and scores are strong and your ECs are what they look for. 4 years in an org with growth into leadership. Best of luck and please keep us posted!!!

When you applied: Oct 8th (all documents recieved by nov 14th)
When you got your uin: Oct 10th
Admission decision: in review
Type: review admit
Major: allied health
Class rank: 266/596 (very competitive)
SAT: 1220 (610 for both reading and math)
GPA: 3.73
ECā€™s: 5 years of Spanish (pre ap and ap)/have had a job since sophomore year/first generation/ art honors society for 1 year/ digital media fair award/ will have completed 10 ap classes when I graduate/ I also got a letter of recommendation
Can someone let me know what my chances are of any form of admittance?

Also my hs transcript shows that I have a business certification from an entrepreneurship class I took last year idk if that helps since Iā€™m not a business major

We received an email today from admissions stating they received our FAFSA but it is incomplete. It directs me to log into HOWDY and click the my finances tab and then enter the financial aid portal. My son only has 3 tabs and still under review, but further below in the financial aid section when I click on it it says they have not received the application. So, when i log into FAFSA it says it is complete and was sent to the schools we requested and A&M was one of them. Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone tell me what the six tabs are after acceptance? I thought one might of been ā€œmy financesā€ but that could also be wishful thinking. ?

State Representative Lyle Larson of San Antonio just filed House Bill 412 which will require Texas A&M and UT to play against each other during Thanksgiving :D. https://www.texastribune.org/2018/11/27/state-lawmaker-files-bill-require-annual-game-between-ut-and-m/ - contact your state representative & senator and tell them to pass this bill! Lets let the class of 2023 and future classes be able to experience the A&M-UT rivalry!

@akbuffs The 6 tabs are: Applicant, My Record, My finances, Student life, research and my Howdy.

@madeline116 I donā€™t want to be that person, but based on prior years, and assuming youā€™ve given us everything in your post, I believe you have a slim chance of full admittance and even Blinn Team. Your rank does not help you at all. SAT is below average for TAMU as well. If you listed all of your ECs above, then I would also say you are lacking there. Are you open to PSA route or coming to Blinn (not as team student) and transferring after your receive 24 graded college credits? The bilingual is an asset as is taking 10 AP classes. It shows youā€™re not afraid of hard work. I love that. I do wish you the best. Please keep us posted. We are all rooting for every student fighting to be an Aggie!!!

Is there a deadline for the students who were auto admits to decline admission so that review applicates can be considered for admission?

@HeBleedsMaroon Auto and academic admits decline of admission offers does not open up a spot for a review admit. A&M tries to yield a freshman class at or just under 10K students. They must offer admissions to every auto/academic admit. Based on their algorithms to yield a class, they then know how many review applicants they can make an offer of admission to. A&M will make more offers than they know will accept the offer-both auto/academic and review admit.

For example
For Fall 2017, Total applicants : 42,000
Top 10% admits: 11,205 applied and offered admissions. 5639 top 10% enrolled
Academic admits: 4300 applied and offered admission
Review Applications: 27,000 were scored
Holistic review admits: 3800 offered full admission
2400 were offered admission to Blinn Team
530 were offered admission to Gateway.
10,600 were offered PSA
7,000 were outright denied any admissions or pathway to admissions
http://web-as.tamu.edu/ecardimages/2017/CounselorConnection/updateSPRING.html

Every applicant offered admissions has to accept or decline by May 1.

I will take the psa route if Iā€™m offered it. That ranking was from the end of my junior year and it was pretty rough but the years before that I was in the first quarter of my class and Iā€™ve been maintaining good grades this year so hopefully the rank I receive after this semester is over will reflect that. Tamu is my first choice so Iā€™m hoping to at least get psa or transfer in later from a different school.

When did you apply: July 16
When did you get your UIN: July 19
When did you receive your admission decision: Sept 20, 10:44 am
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering (Industrial Distribution)
Second choice: Mays
Class Rank: 1st Quarter, (111/532)
Weighted GPA: 6.3125/6.5 All AP classes
SAT 1400
740 Math: 660 Reading and Writing:
Camp Blessing one-on-one Counselor, Vol every summer for week long church work camp in various towns across Texas, Eagle Scout, High School Golf team 4 years , Varsity 2 years , 4 years FFA, served as Officer, Greenhand Award, Multiple Grand and Reserve Champion Poultry in Spring Branch Livestock Show, Placed 36th and 73rd place (out of 400-600 entries) Broilers/Turkeys at Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, Operated flat bottom boat for 8 days with family during Harvey initially rescuing neighbors then back into flooded homes for neighbors to retrieve important items. During following weeks after floods receded, worked helping neighbors cleaning out flooded homes and clearing debris.

Awaiting in Engineering Review
Would have been auto admit into Mays but understand Mays is full now.
Praying for good word from COE whenever that may be.

@madeline116 With Allied Health major, Not all majors participate in PSA. The PSA program is for SPECIFIC majors, requiring SPECIFIC courses, GPA, and other requirements in order to be eligible to return to TAMU. So for some, they chose to go a different route. I found a few things on PSA and allied health. http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-psa/ED-Allied-Health.pdf
You will have to search the various schools and the degrees offered and if PSA for Allied Health is offered. http://admissions.tamu.edu/PSA/

Another program to look into is Pathway Transfer Admissions (PTA). It is through community college and requires a form to sign up. It too is for specific majors as well. http://admissions.tamu.edu/PTA Here is Allied Health http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-transfer2018/ED18-Health.pdf A&P 1&2 are info heavy courses and require lots of study.

And others chose to follow the transfer course sheet for the major they want and attend Blinn Community College on their own and apply to transfer in. One of my eldestā€™s good friends went this route and graduated on time this May. http://admissions.tamu.edu/transfer/majors

For Public Health, there is the Mc Allen Health Science Center that is new you could apply to directly (and could also be an admission decision from A&M if they have Allied Health)

Still havenā€™t heard, responding for my daughter:

When did you apply: Sept. 4, 2018
When did you get your UIN: Not sure but she has it
When did you receive your admission decision: n/a
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Visualization
Class Rank: no rank at private CA high school; GPA 4.13 W
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1340 (single sitting); Math 700, Eng 640
ACT (with Sub Scores)

She is currently serving as Drumline captain (Marching Band) at Mater Dei High School for the second year (Jr and Sr year); she also performs in music ministry, Jazz band and Winter Drumline. She will join the Corps of Cadets if accepted. She wants to be in the Aggie Band.

Can someone chance my precious girl?

@rockmom21 Iā€™m assuming Tamu gave her top quarter?

I donā€™t know! Is there a way to tell?

@houpilot, why are you in eng review? Seems to me you would be in to eng well before now.

@Sybylla Every applicant undergoes holistic review for the major and though the SAT is high, the rank is not as competitive as those that have received a decision. But it is coming. I suspect @Houpilot will get full offer of admissions with that Math sub score. It may be Dec or it may be Dec. Yes, Houpilot, had Mays been your first choice, you would be in by now but no worries, you offer will come.

@rockmom21 on her ais. Where it shows transcript received.

Appreciate your input and thoughts Thelma2. Keeping the faith and will update yā€™all whenever the tabs change !

Has anyone gotten this email from financial aid before they got accepted? My son doesnā€™t have the ā€œmy financesā€ tab yet. Still just the lonely 3 tabs. I can go into AIS and find the financial aid portal and it says nothing has been submitted for financial aid. Iā€™m so confused.

Scholarships & Financial Aid has received the results of your financial aid application for the 2019 - 2020 academic year. In order to continue processing your application, we need additional documentation from you. Please follow the steps below:

1. Log into the Howdy Portal at https://howdy.tamu.edu/ using your NetID and password.
  2. Click the My Finances tab and enter the Financial Aid Portal.
  3. Review the 2019 - 2020 academic year Status page for detailed information about missing requirements.