TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@akbuffs did you fill out a FAFSA? And did you add TAMU as one of the schools to send FAFSA report to?

@JaceyK yes, my husband did fill it out mainly for the other colleges my son applied to for possible scholarship money. When we log into the FAFSA it says everything it complete and was submitted to those colleges including TAMU.

@JaceyK : Oooh, so sorry that his score wasn’t higher on that residual ACT. BUT I AM SURE THAT HE WILL BE ADMITTED!!! Hopefully a FULL ADMIT but at the least, I think he will receive an offer for Blinn-TEAM.

Your son is a very strong candidate. They will take his highest score, he is right in the middle of the Top 25% ( so very close to being in the Top 10%) of his class and taking the residual ACT at TAMU shows his commitment to the school. He is so close to being an academic admit that I am sure he will receive an admissions offer. Hopefully y’all don’t have to wait too much longer.

I know waiting is agony. We have been there twice, but you are suffering through waiting for admissions decisions for 2 children at the same time! I can’t imagine how hard it is every minute of the day.

His highest ACT score is a few points higher and his class rank is a LOT higher than my daughter who is currently a Sophomore on Blinn-TEAM. If your son receives an offer of anything less than Blinn-TEAM or Gateway (both offers that keep him living the Aggie life in CStat) then appeal the decision immediately. Anything that wasn’t included in his original application should be compiled just in case you have to appeal the decision.

(And if your daughter doesn’t receive a full transfer offer, go to the school, ask WHY. It worked for that other poster on CC.)

But I’ll bet that we will all be doing the HAPPY DANCE for your family! :slight_smile:

@aggiemomagain thank you - my daughter did receive tabs this morning! One done, one more to go!!! :slight_smile:

@akbuffs I would call the admissions office and ask what the next step is and also ask what it is you’re supposed to be looking for…explain exactly what you posted. Let us know what they say!

@JaceyK so, just got off the phone with financial aid. She walked me through howdy to show me where the my finance tab should be. When i told her we do not have that tab she asked if he had been accepted yet. I said no and she said oh. Well if he gets accepted then you will be able to go into those tabs to see what needs to be completed. I asked her if this was a good sign and she giggled and said she doesn’t know anything about admissions. Not sure what to think and don’t want to get hopes up! ?‍♀️

have any review admits received a decision recently? or are review applicants most likely going to end up hearing results after December 1st?

@robg001 Review applicants are more likely to hear after Dec 1. There was a small wave of review admits earlier but that is it and the bulk will hear after Dec 1. They Must be able to offer admissions to the auto/academic admits first to know how many offers of admission they can make to review applicants.

How do they usually notify if you are accepted into an honors program? Does that come via mail only or does it show up on AIS somewhere?

@akbuffs The financial aid portal to fill out financial aid information is under the Applicant tab in Howdy. For me it’s on the right column towards the bottom.

@TXlove Last year for engineering honors, you could log into the online application portal to see if you were accepted. I think you’ll receive an email, also. You have to accept or decline your admission into the honors program, so check that portal periodically.

Ok thank you. Its does say 1st Quarter as Class Rank. @AggieMomhelp

@AggieMomhelp : What does “1st Quarter” mean in terms of admissions decisions for Review?

@rockmom21 Yay, 1st quarter is great. And with her SAT score being almost academic admit, I have no doubt she’ll get full admission to TAMU. Visualization may be full though… it’s highly sought after. But I honestly don’t know much about it. 2nd quarter students have a harder time getting full admission with everything else being equal. It’s just harder when they put in the numbers from scores and ranking to be in the higher quartiles. So, breathe a little easier!

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to process a high school transcript that was received on November 23? And if there was a problem with it, how does that work with the 1st looming ahead? We downloaded an official transcript. It’s signed but you can’t see the raised seal on it though. We requested the high school to send one anyway.

@knewt17 It took 3 weeks for my son

@knewt17 if it’s in then it’s in. If there’s a problem you will be able to fix it. And the 8th is the last day for supporting documents. But again, you got it in well before deadline. Just follow up if doesn’t process in the next week.

Thank you!

A question asked before concerned the decision time span of acceptance for Review applicants stating they are most likely to hear after Dec 1st now. Does anyone know how long and/or the latest after Dec 1st review applicants have to wait or will they start soon after the deadline? I’ve heard some did not get results until March.

@AndyyBuii…I’ve asked a similar question before and was told it could be as early as early December (more likely for full admits) but as late as the end of February (for alternative routes like TEAM, PSA).