TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@wantabeAg pretty sure if your son didn’t list Eng as his first choice, he has not shot at changing it before freshman year. @thelma2 may have more info on that though. Engineering is her forte!

@JaceyK It just said someone at Texas A&M University viewed your profile. Very unspecific. I have a professional subscription to LinkedIn so I can usually see exactly who has viewed it but sometimes it is from general accounts. I was thinking maybe they were verifying information from the application since they do have to put information about the parents. That is the only thing I can think of. Or it could have just been a fluke as you mentioned and someone was doing a general search. Maybe they need IT Services :slight_smile: Timing just seemed strange given they are in review of applications and of course, I am hyper sensitive to anything Texas A&M right now so it drew my interest…LOL

@Thelma2 and @JaceyK I just noticed that someone from Baylor also viewed. She applied there as well…so strange.

@aggiedreamin Now I am hyper sensitive because no one is viewing my profile. :(( Although I do not have a professional account so I cannot see 5 profiles. LOL. I could do the free month trial… /:slight_smile:

@JaceyK I am pretty sure your son/daughter stats are better than my daughter’s so I don’t think that is any indication. It may just be a weird coincidence. I wouldn’t worry!

Okay - as we impatiently wait… All documents were due on Dec. 8th (but maybe since if fell on a weekend - the date was extended to Monday Dec. 10th - like the application date was extended). So maybe today is the first full day of holistic review?

@BlueBayouAZ all of it is so exciting and nerve racking at the same time! Hopefully for some they will have an answer by the end of this week going off of the wave from last year being 12/15.

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp Do they all come at one time when the wave comes or do they trickle in? Just wondering what to expect.

Right, if he were to get in under biochemistry. I wonder if changing majors to engineering after his first semester or first year is even possible. Luckily he has already been accepted to a fantastic engineering school, but he would have to play football there (which he doesn’t really want to do), but if changing majors at A&M is virtually impossible then we need to look at the other possibility. As the 3rd largest University in the country, it feels like there should be more flexibility in their programs.

2nd largest University in the country. Who would have thought that the University of Central Florida (UCF) would be the largest?!?!?

@TXDad56 just and observation but if they would just let in a few more review candidates then they could be #1. Where is their competitive spirit? Hehe

Got this from change of major into Eng. from non eng. major.

Change of Major Outside the College of Engineering

Students requesting a change of major from another department at Texas A&M outside of the College of Engineering will be evaluated when they have the following criteria:
Completed at least one semester of coursework at Texas A&M
Completed a minimum of 12 semester credit hours of Common Body of Knowledge (CBK)1 courses that include CHEM 107 & 117, MATH 151, and PHYS 218 or their equivalents with a grade of C or better
Earned a CBK GPA of 2.75 or better
Earned a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better
No history of repeating, dropping, or withdrawing from courses
No grades less than C in any courses in their last semester of coursework

So definitely looks doable!

@AggieDreamin Curious about that too. Is it automated and all the AIS accounts are updated that morning or is it manual and they rollout throughout a few days. I"m guessing it will be slow only because if it were quick, I would think they would tell us the exact date of the rollout. But, who knows???

@AggieDreamin @houstonheat All decision are not released on the same day but they come out in “Batches”, “Waves” , “Chunks”, whatever name ya wanna give them.

For instance, last year, some review applicants received full admissions decisions on December 15. Than, another batch/wave/chunk of full admission decisions for review admits went out on January 11. Then another batch/chunk/wave for full admissions decisions went out on February 5.

On Feb 7, a batch/wave/chunk of decisions went out for review admits for Blinn Team. Then another wave on Feb 7. February 15 and February 20 was a release date for Gateway admits.

The year prior, however, we saw waves that contained more than one type of admission, meaning, full admisisons were offered on the same days as Blinn Team or Gate way was released, so who knows how they will release them this year.

@Thelma2 I realize there are different release dates but for each of those dates did the system update all at once overnight or did they roll throughout the day?

@AggieDreamin Oh I get ya, ARG! I believe all at once. Isn’t that your recollection @AggieMomhelp? A lot of folks start watching the tabs and sometimes it would be later that day/overnight or a day or two when the AIS would update with the official decision.

@Thelma2 Thanks! At least when we hear the Maroon Wave has happened we can check to see if we are hanging ten or hope to catch the next one ??

When did you apply: 9/30/18

When did you get your UIN: 10/04/18
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mays Business/ BUAD (finance)
Class Rank: 28% 179/631 (competitive school!)
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1370; 680 reading 690
ACT (with Sub Scores)

Additional info: NFHS Vice President, 2 other leadership positions (small clubs though), NHS, Varsity track freshman year (3 HS yrs total) and freshman volleyball, cross country junior year, UIL Accounting team, PALS, DECA. I’ve been all over the place. Probably had a bad topic A essay.

Help I’m very nervous! My teacher sent in a rec letter on 11/30 so I’m afraid that brought my application back even though I applied so early? Also, I’m aware Mays is competitive to get into, but being that it’s my first choice so I’m very stressed about this entire situation. Can someone rip the band-aid off for me and let me know how good/bad my chances are for getting in? The admittance is only 1000 at a first come first serve basis… and my brain is exploding… someone please help me.

Is Mays already capped for admits? How do we know if we’re deferred or waitlisted? What affects whether we get out second major or not?

@financeg I am not an expert but have been on here a while. It seems clear that Mays is full…I’m sorry! But your SAT looks really good. I am sure @AggieMomhelp or @Thelma2 will weigh in on chances for second choice major. Hang in there…I know the wait is excruciating!