TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@jaceky is that the one with coconut in it? I love those. I just gained a pound reading your message. Thanks!

@aggiemomhelp Nope these are keto. I have been on the keto wagon for almost 6 months - lost 40ish lbs already. :slight_smile: No guilt here! Red wine in one hand and balls in the other. =))

@AggieMomHelp @JaceyK I have a great Keto version if you are interested :slight_smile: Here Here to a nice glass of wine and sweets tonight. Need something to get through the next couple of days and then if not good news we know it is another month before we hear anything else so can relax over Christmas.

@JaceyK They are the BEST arenā€™t they!!! Cheers to all and a stress free evening ahead. Oh and I found a sugar free wine club.

@AggieDreamin Sure PM me the recipe! I am worried about the transport to work though - I take the metro to Downtown Houston so I need to keep it chilled long enough for the ride lol.

My D graduates Friday. I have 40 people coming for dinner and 20 staying at my house. I need buckets of wine!!! But heyā€¦ Gigā€™em. College flies by.

@JaceyK December 15 last year (class 2022) was a Friday, so maybe by this Friday. The prior year, for class 2021, it was Dec 2. then Jan and Feb. March 9 brought PSA. For class 2020, review applicants received decisions Dec 5 and Dec 17. January 15 saw some decisions for engineering applicants. Then about January 20th full decisions. December 29 saw more engineering decisions and Gateway. February 15 Blinn Team, February 17 was more Blinn Team and PSA and still many were awaiting a decision. February 18 was Blinn Team and Engr Galveston and PSA.

On all dates, for class 2020, the AIS updated throughout the day on release dates.

This may be a moot point, as I see there are 34 new posts but I started this reply earlier today and got called away, so I thought I would finish it.

Hope the new posts are full of good news!!

@Thelma2 so there is no consistency lol. Last year canā€™t be relied on due to Harvey pushing timeline back. I am praying for a Friday release and that we are included!!!

@JaceyK @AggieDreamin I wanna go Keto and just canā€™t seem to get on the wagon to get started.

@AggieMomhelp, @AggieDreamin, @BlueBayouAZ
For 16,000 Auto/Academic applicants, just top 2 factors was enough to get in - class & standard test ranking.

ACT Mid50% being at (24 ~ 30),
My thought is Review at ACT 27 will be admitted if other factors can show college readiness, successful pattern and focus.

• Good grade in Rigor AP classes. I believe 8 AP classes(MESH) is college readiness
  • Focus Studies to seeking major - STEM/Business/Arts/Public Services/Multidisciplinary.
  • Essays, EC, Work. (May disagree, I think EC & Work is the least important factor, unless EC/Work is part of focus major?)

@momtoonly - likely full, sorry for being too general. Very competitive majors like CS / BIME / ChE are filling up fast.

@texaggie Would you consider an SAT of 1210 college ready ?? Iā€™m seriously ā€¦anxious!

@texaggie Engineering does not fill up by rolling admissions any longer. Not since the class of 2020. Beginning with class 2021, it is all holistic review now for every applicant for the engineering major, be it Top 10%, Academic admit, or review admit. Nothing is filling up.

Every applicant is offered a specific place, be it Full admissions to College Station, first year general engineering at Galveston, or Blinn Engineering Academy or the Engineering Academy at McAllen. There are many top 10% auto and academic admits who applied July 1 who have been admitted to the university but still have not received an engineering major decision. As is also the case for review applicants to the university who applied for engineering major. The majority receive their decisions after Winter break, despite having applied by the engineering early decision deadline.

@Thelma2 BTW, Keto is amazingā€¦not easy but really works! If you want any tips just PM me :slight_smile:

does the admissions office take a break during the holidays?

@tisulli Yes. Dec 24- Jan 1 official holiday

@Thelma2 Shouldnā€™t we be expecting a wave of decisions this friday or this weekend?

@ab2001 Yes we should, but that doesnā€™t mean they will give us one! :smiley:

Just when A&M starts showing trends with things, it changes. So, the best we can do is compare to prior years and then cross our fingers and hope.

And in the meantime, we talk about it and commiserate and pass the time until they come.

I am sorry I donā€™t have a better answer for you.

Until we have a solid wave, we are not going to know how competitive this group is. Iā€™ve know kids with a 24 get in some years but the next year a 28 is given Blinn Team. Truly a waiting game to see. Itā€™s frustraring.

What is MESH - @texaggie?

Scary thought I had this morning - what if they already had the December wave and none of us were in it? Iā€™m really starting to think it will be January or February now. I just canā€™t bring myself to tell my son that. ?