TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@SMcC07 We have had a friend who is top 25% with high stats get accepted but in review for Engineering.

@libbyshims sounds like an academic admit. Did they have a SAT1360/ACT30?

@AggieDreamin - yes. :slight_smile:

@AggieDreamin @JaceyK Yep, your questions are up. As you can tell by old posts, they answer within a day or two.

Oh, Jaceyk, you have asked to see the man behind the curtain and how the magic is done. I canā€™t wait to see how the Great AO will answer that.

I have always wondered if they do it like UT, where you take an applicantā€™s AI (academic index) and it is graphed by a computer. Then you add in their PAI (Personal Achievement Index) and it too is graphed and the computer puts each applicant on a graph, so to speak. If 3000 spots can be offered to review admits for full admissions, then the highest graphed 3000 get those decisions.

The AO on TexAgs has said that a review application can be reviewed many times before a decision is made. I wonder then if they re-graph the remaining review applicants for Gateway and again for Blinn Team and when they have reached the capacity for admissions offers, the remaining are offered PSA. I am sure it is a little more technical than that but I know UT does their review applicants on a graph using the AI and PAI. I look forward to seeing if the process is revealed.

@Thelma2 I have asked that same question when I called Admissions Office but they just skirt the question and will never really answer. It may be because they are just admins. So also very curious how they answer.

Son has been admitted to TAMUG. He is in review for CS. If he accepts TAMUG (to get inline for Corp and housing, etc) will that hinder his chances at CS?
Thanks to all that post - very informative!

@ParadiseAggie No, his acceptance to TAMUG will not affect his CStat application. Is he engineering?

@Thelma2 Heā€™s not engineering.

Confession - I hold my breath when I refresh and my heart races when I see a notification that someone posted. And then I am relieved when there are no posts of acceptances. Donā€™t get me wrong, I am happy for the acceptances but when my kid isnā€™t getting accepted in whatever wave, I am holding onto hope upon hope that he is in the next wave. LOL.

PS I had to post something just to make yaā€™ll anxious too. =))

@JaceyK Youā€™re not aloneā€¦

@JaceyK and @AggieDreamin, LOL, I did the same. Not being in the first quartile reduces FULL admit chance to only 10%, but I am still hanging on to this little hope that we might get to be in the next wave. Best wishes to you!

@eTown23 I am also thinking our best chance is next wave because of 2Q but as far as we can tell the mid-Dec wave hasnā€™t happened yet. At least there is not any activity yet indicating it has happened. I am sure we will all keep watching (and refreshing, refreshing, refreshing our browsers)ā€¦LOL :slight_smile:

I donā€™t think my daughter is going to be accepted into Texas A&M Engineering. She was considering attending Blinn Community College and trying to transfer into A&M. Does anyone have any information about doing this? My son currently is a freshman Engineering (Blinn Team) student, but the rules are different for him since technically he was accepted into A&M. Is it more difficult to transfer from Blinn to A&M?

@GManmom123, this consulting website layouts the different pathways, I have not verified the accurancy, but the info looks reasonable. Good luck to your daughter, hope she will be pleasantly surprised with FULL admit.

https://brandcollegeconsulting.com/i-got-offered-blinn-team-at-am-but-what-does-that-mean/

@JaceyK we are all doing it. So ready for the stress to be over!

ok, if weā€™re confessing, then Iā€™ll add my dark secret. my first thought every morning is tabs, Tabs, TaBs, TABS, tAbS, tabS, tAbs, taBs, tabs, Tabs, TaBs, TABS, tAbS, tabS, tAbs, taBs, tabs, Tabs, TaBs, TABS, tAbS, tabS, tAbs, taBs.

on a positive note for everyone: admissions staff are in the office for one more week! ;))

Ok, Confession Friday! I had 3 dreams last night (very vivid) that she was accepted and was euphoric only to wake up to reality of 3 tabs. I chose to see that as a positive sign that it is coming :wink:

So glad to hear it didnā€™t happen yet! I look every morning and can I just tell you how much I hate the phrase MY APP IS COMPLETE AND IN REVIEW? I need a change of scenery! haha

We could really use some good news here today. My son got a ā€œNoā€ yesterday. It was from a reach school and he thought he was prepared to hear the no but it still stung a little. =(( He applied to 6 schools. He has been accepted to his last 2 choices of the bunch and they are both really great schools but just werenā€™t the first ones on his radar. We talked last night and I told him that I know he will do great and be successful no matter where he ends up but we could sure use some good news from A&M today!

What are these tabs you are talking about? Where are they?