TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@WantabeAg interesting point about Naviance. I wonder how dependable it is since my son’s scattergram shows him as solid green but after everything I’ve read it doesn’t feel that way to me.

@WantabeAg not sure but at her school it is so skewed so not sure it would help. At the end of the day it will be whatever it is but it is just frustrating how they evaluate these kids. It is my opinion that class rank is not a valid measure but doesn’t change anything so going to just try and let it go and we will deal with the outcime whatever it is. Otherwise, this is going to drive me and my daughter crazy.

DS got accepted into Penn State --this makes 9/10 yes and waiting, waiting, waiting on TAMU. His one and only…sigh. I am actually looking forward to holiday break next week, where I won’t be jumping on Howdy at the crack of dawn every morning looking for those darn 6 tabs. :stuck_out_tongue:

@libbyshims - Congrats for Penn state. Did your DS apply to Penn state Early Action? I applied Early Action too but haven’t received a decision yet. In fact, as per Penn state website, the EA decision date is Dec 24th. So, I am surprised and confused.

We are waiting for a decision for our daughter, we are pretty confident she will be a yes. Last year my son applied… this was his dream school since 3rd grade. He got accepted to PSA. He considered it, it would have been a waist of time due to the number of dual credit credits he had earned. We encouraged him to go to another school and transfer. He choose OSU. He has absolutely no interest in transferring to A&M. He would be accepted without a problem. I spoke to several of his fraternity brothers who had planned to do the same, not one of them is leaving OSU. My point is after the initial sting, it will all work out.

He did apply EA. You will receive a decision by the 21st, because they close their offices for Christmas. I would expect something next week. Did you check your portal? He didn’t receive an email or letter in the mail, just on the portal. Good luck!

@aggiehope22 thank you for the perspective. This is my first rodeo and would love my DS to be in state. With that said, I know you’re right.

@libbyshims - Thanks for the info. I was under the impressions that decisions would be released for everyone at the same time. Now, I have to check the penn state portal too everyday :))

@aggiehope22 Did your son go to Ohio State or Oklahoma State?

@AggieHope123 you’re welcome…haha. OMG it is like a sickness, isn’t it? Hang in there and keep me posted. :slight_smile:

What does PSA stand for? Sorry for the dumb question.

@KimmyJoe Program for System Admission. Start out at another A&M, follow the course and grade requirement, and automatically be admitted to College Station.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/psa

My son got in to University Studies - Society, Ethics and Law; Cornerstone Honors Program on 11/6 …

I finished and submitted my application for Honors Housing Community / University Honors yesterday and got a confirmation email reminding me to also make sure I completed my housing application. I went and double checked - the contract and all have been signed since October and I got the confirmation of completion then as well. There’s a section that says Application Started Contract Signed Application Complete on the housing portal, but AIS still has the red X by “apply for on campus housing” ? Does anyone else have this issue? I just want to make absolutely sure I didn’t screw this up because I was really hoping to get into HHC.

edit: so sorry wrong thread!!

@jaskota
I was looking through a thread from last year, just the other day and there was this exact question. The answer was:

“Once you apply for housing…your child will still have a red “X” under their to do list. I called this morning and they said it will stay a red “X” until housing is complete and assigned sometime in the spring. Just make sure you have green check marks on the housing portal. She said they have tried for 2 years to get the two systems to connect and they don’t for some reason.”

where is the “to do list” …

My daughter has not signed up for the New Student Conference yet. Can anyone tell me if dates are filling up for Engineering? She wants to go in late May/early June because of her summer schedule.

i got admitted on 12/6 and submitted on 12/1
biomedical engineering… :slight_smile:

Hello…

I am applying to texas a&m as a biology major. My application says complete in review what does that mean?

@TXRunningMom
Registration for NSC is accepting her afmission decision.
When she does this, she can see the schedule of dates that list Engineering majors. Pay attention to this as every major is not available on every date.
I first sessions in the schedule can book up pretty quick.
Make time for activities the day before NSC. Great opportunities to become immersed and drink the kool aid!
Classss are opened for every nsc.