TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@omgdontblink only if their major caps before they get accepted (except engineering of course). Yes, they can apply to change their major. Every major has different requirements including the number of TAMU hours they must have completed, course requirements and minimum grade requirements per course and GPA. If your child gets second choice, it’s best to look at all of this before registering for classes so you don’t waste time/energy,

Have any review students received denials by this point? When do those start showing up?

^My question exactly! When do review students begin hearing back? I applied in early October and still have heard nothing! So anxious!

Denials are the last thing to go out. Feb/March time frame. This year has been different. Haven’t seen many review admits get notified yet as in really only one wave so far and those seemed to be primarily Mays. (I am not including engineering).

Many students applied July 1st, so October to now is not that long. Hang in there.

Howdy!
When did you apply: 10/1
When did you get your UIN: 10/3
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/11
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Public Health
Class Rank: 149/770 so top 19%
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1340 (680 reading/ 660 math)

Hope this helps! Good luck to everyone still waiting! Happy Holidays :slight_smile:

Congrats @saxophone001 good to see a review admit in something other than Mays on oct 11th wave! You were a total bubble candidate for academic admit. Great job!!!

Accepted! ACT 34, 4.34 weighted GPA, 3.86 unweighted GPA, top 10%, engineering!!

does anyone know when scholarships or financial aid is announced? not expecting big bucks but hoping for 5k to help w oos tuition.

I logged on to sons Ais today and it says at top
Due to high volume of credentials and apps received in the last few weeks anticipate it may take 2 to three weeks before documents can be processed
Admissions staff is processing documents as quickly as possible

Just saw the notice as well. Wonder if that equals a longer review time? My DS submitted on July 2 and is so ready to know :slight_smile:

It is a very generic message and might be their way of explaining why they haven’t released a “wave” in Dec.
2-3 weeks will put them into Jan which is about when they said it would come.

I wonder if that message in AIS is on all applications or just review ones. My daughter has it too. I’d be interested to know if Automatic and Academic Admits are seeing it as well.

Yes-my ds is academic admit (waiting for engineering review) and I see it also. Praying something soon

I am a review admit and saw the message on AIS as well. I recently talked with an operator on the chat online, and he said that they’re working hard and sending another batch of decisions this week. I’m keeping my fingers crossed ?

That message is there even you login. So it is not related to application type.

My daughter and I noticed that her application status says incomplete. Her HS does not rank, and obviously hasn’t submitted her Final Transcript since she doesn’t graduate until May. Does anyone else’s say Incomplete? Also, it’s asking for the Bacterial Meningitis vaccine as well. Thanks everyone!

@CaliMck15 In the first section which part has a red X? Final transcripts and vaccination are not needed unless accepted.

For all those still waiting - I know it’s hard trust me but you will hear soon! I was a review admit for 2022 and received my acceptance on January 11th last year. It was a random wave and didn’t follow any patterns from previous years nor did it come out on a Monday or Friday like the previous waves did. I’m pretty sure the next wave after that was early February with it being full admit and some blinn team. Hang in there and enjoy the holidays!

@AggieDreamin Yes, in the first section. Also, Class Rank is a Red X

@CaliMck15 I would call and ask them to confirm that the school sent your daughter’s GPA with the transcript. I finally got out of them after 3rd call that they didn’t get GPA so we had to request transcript to be resent with GPA. They will need it to assess rank.