TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

We have three tabs still but we now have new buttons below the tabs that say:

Academic Success Center - new
Study Hub - new
University Writing Center - new
Library - has always been there

Have I just missed this while focusing on six tabs?

Here are the tabs. There arenā€™t 23, lolā€¦ wonder where sheā€™s looking though. Yes there are 7 here, but I think the research one is on my sonā€™s because heā€™s already a student. Hope this helps.

Home
Applicant
My Record
My Finances
Student Life
Research
My Howdy

@tisulli same here. Still 3 tabs but new buttons too.

Hi guys I just want to wish you guys the best of luck!!!
My daughter got accepted back in September to Mays and she was beyond thrilled!! Again I wish the best of luck!!

@tisulli I hadnā€™t noticed that but looked and saw the same new buttons. Wondering if that was just an overall update to the portal that everyone now has. Is there anyone that does not have those buttons in the middle of the page?

Academic Success Center - new
Study Hub - new
University Writing Center - new
Library - has always been there

Just logged in to check my sonā€™s account and saw this new message at the top of the screen:

All engineering applicants who met the Early Action deadline and do not have a decision posted have been deferred to the January review. Due to the high volume of credentials and applications received in the last few weeks, please anticipate that it may be at least two to three weeks before your documents can be processed. The Admissions staff is processing documents as quickly as possible, we appreciate your patience.

Iā€™m sad that we will have to wait until January but am still hopeful that he will make it through. Would love for someone to give me their opinion of his chances: ( @Thelma2 or @AggieMomhelp )

When did you apply:09/29
When did you get your UIN: 10/2
When did you receive your admission decision: Still Waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Class Rank: 84/661
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1260 (R&W - 610, Math - 650)
ACT (with Sub Scores) 26 (Math -26, Science - 27, English - 25, Reading - 24)
Unweighted GPA: 3.8478

Heā€™s an officer in FFA and he is on the board of the PTSA. Involved in lots of activities.

Yes those 3 are new for me too
I wonder if itā€™s just a new thing for website not sure
Does anyone not have them

Status in AIS changed as well. Admitted!

OOS Applicant
When did you apply: 10/15
When did you get your UIN: 10/17
When did you receive your admission decision: 12/20
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Computer Engineering
Class Rank: Tamu assigned 1Q (1/48, international school)
UW GPA: 4
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1430 (EBRW 670, Math 760)
ACT (with Sub Scores)
Lot of ECs and good leadership positions too.

Qualified as Academic admit based on SAT score and class rank. But Tamu didnā€™t recognise my school as fulfilling 4-year English requirement since the school is in a non-English speaking country. Hence Review Admit.

Happy that I got the Admit finally!

Does anyone else have the ability to use the directory search for faculty/students?

@robg001 Yes, I am able to use it. Not admitted yet.

I wonder when do we hear about scholarships and financial aid awards.
@AggieMomhelp, @Thelma2 any idea? Thanks.

Just an FYI . . . this banner was across the top of my sonā€™s application portalā€“which started off with changed tabs this morning in Howdy and then just switched to reflect his admission in AIS.

ā€œAll engineering applicants who met the Early Action deadline and do not have a decision posted have been deferred to the January review. Due to the high volume of credentials and applications received in the last few weeks, please anticipate that it may be at least two to three weeks before your documents can be processed. The Admissions staff is processing documents as quickly as possible, we appreciate your patience.ā€

His application was complete by the middle of September with LOR coming in by the end of the month.

When you log into MyHowdy, there are 3 tabs across the top when your application is still in review. Once they change to 6 tabs across the top, that means your status will change in AIS and an acceptance is coming.

@DoodleMom2001 While his Rank is great, his SAT and ACT are pretty low for engineering. That doesnā€™t mean he wouldnā€™t be offered an academy slot, which is amazing as well! Hopefully you will hear good news in early January!!! Best of Luck!

@AggieHope123 I have no experience with scholarships or financial aid. Iā€™m sorry.

Firstā€¦you guys are a WEALTH of information. I have learned so much from you! THANK YOU!

When did son apply: 10/28/18
When did son get his UIN: 10/20/18
When did son receive his admission decision: 12/20/18
Son was an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Turfgrass Science/College of Agriculture
Class Rank: 2nd Qtr. TAMU assigned/ His HS does not rank
ACT 30 (Math 26, English 29, Reading 30, Science 35)

We are over the moon! Mom and Dad are Sooner grads and are thrilled to think we could have an Aggie in the family!

So sorryā€“those last 3 messages were in response to questions from earlier today from others; thought I was posted to specific people, but I was wrong!

Sonā€™s stats:
OOS EA review engineering applicant with everything in application finished up by late September. School doesnā€™t start on the East Coast until after Labor Day, so although his teachers worked on his LORs over the summer, they didnā€™t submit until then to the 4 schools he applied to

4.65 GPA weighted at competitive pre-engineering governorā€™s academy specialty center/3.8 unweighted GPA
School doesnā€™t rank, but when he needed a rank for a summer engineering camp, he was 3/445
A&M placed him in the 1st quartile

ACT: 27 / 25 / 29 compositeā€“Iā€™ll have to check again and get back with specifics

120+ hours of volunteer work, worked full time this summer and continues to work part time at military installation, leadership awards and recognition

NHS, German NHS, Math HS, lots of activities, lacrosse, wrestling, skeet & trap

I hope everyone has a blessed holiday season and can relax and enjoy the momentsā€“whether youā€™ve heard yet or not. Keep the faith!

Son was at 6 tabs just this morning and now he is admitted!! That was quick!

@Dbro would you mind providing stats and major?

@AggieMomhelp obviously I was mistaken :wink: as we had just heard from engineering majors when I typed it (I went back and looked) Glad to see there are others.

EVERYONE, please post your stats. If I ever get the gumption to keep track again, Iā€™d like to be able to go back and record them for subsequent years with decision releases.