TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Im with you . My son has all the same stats but Applied 7/15 and still hasnt heard. 4.3 GPA, 29 ACT, Major Business and second choice is Econ. Sad we didnt hear anything.

My son went to 6 tabs today. He is an engineering major.
We are from Pennsylvania, so OOS.
He applied early October.

His SAT 1310 (R-660 M-650)
Top 10% GPA 99.75
I am over the moon excited, but waiting for the official word before we put it out to family :slight_smile:
I can’t tell you how helpful this thread has been. This is the first time I posted, but I swear I read everyone’s comments lol

Does anyone else have the tabs “academic success center” “university writing center” “study hub” added today at the top of the howdy page on the mobile site? Is that just a generic thing too?

When did you apply: 10/15
When did you get your UIN: 10/17
When did you receive your admission decision: 12/20
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering
Class Rank: 2Q
SAT: 1310
ACT: 29
GPA: 3.84
Lots of AP classes including Calculus BC and Physics, IB Eng Lit
4yr Football/Varsity Football
3yr Symphony Orchestra
3yr Japanese
Eagle Scout candidate (Jan 2019)
Attended Camp SOAR and Underwater Robotics at Corpus Christi
Determined to go ROTC then into military

Not the best test taker but he’s always taken the most advanced STEM classes offered and then added in music and Japanese which I think helped his application. Plus his essays were pretty good.

I noticed them too and they are definitely new but I have no idea what they mean. I am positive they are new however

Of course! @AggieDreamin -
When did you apply: August
When did you get your UIN: August
When did you receive your admission decision: 12/20
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Geosciences/Geology
Class Rank: 2Q as assigned by TAMU; from a non-ranking, private, Catholic Texas HS
SAT: 1270
ACT: 27 (Sub-scores English 32, Math 28)
GPA: 4.03
13 AP classes, STEM endorsement, great EC and essays, world-wide volunteering experience, NHS
Attended Camp GeoX and Veterinary Enrichment Camp

Does anyone else have the tabs “academic success center” “university writing center” “study hub” added today? Is that of any significance?

Son was accepted to Texas A&M College Station - Engineering today! Over the top excited in this house to have a new Aggie:)

Applied July
Accepted to TAMU & Engineering - 12/20
SAT 1270
GPA 3.9
School DNR -top 25% by TAMU
Lots of EC and 1 LOR

Gig Em!!!

I have them also and I know they are new as well. Also have access to link to student directory, housing, dining, ect but app still says under review

@runsince6 @soooo01 I just looked and my son has the "academic success center” “university writing center” “study hub” on his too. I haven’t noticed them before

I guess I should ask does anyone NOT have the buttons on the howdy page that say “academic success center” “university writing center” and “study hub” ?

@Thelma2 any word on acceptances or max capacity for biomedical science program? waiting to hear back still.

@runsince6 I have the new buttons and attempted to login to the housing portal to complete application and can’t do it so I’m guessing it’s just an update to the system for everyone. Son’s application is still pending btw

@Thelma2 at the time it did look like engineering and I still think it is primarily but yay for some other majors getting some news!!!

I have zero clue on the new buttons.

Congrats again everyone. You’ll sleep better tonight. For everyone still waiting
 deep breath.

For anyone wanting Mays but gets econ
 let me know. I have a really cool path that may be better than Mays if your student is wanting finance.

Does anyone know when scholarships come out? How often does TAMU give out scholarships?

Thank you to everyone for posting stats! Particularly@Dbro and @Parents98 because my DD stats are very similar so it gives me a lot of hope that she has a good chance at full admit in next round. Congrats to all that received good new today!!!

@go4gift Sorry
 I thought I answered this earlier but don’t see it posted. I do not think that they necessarily cap Biomedical Sciences. I thought I read that if you are admitted to TAMU you can do BIMS. It isn’t like Mays or Engineering. The got ya that we see is that they opened the new location in McAllen and not sure how that will change things. Some applicants will likely be offered that location instead of Cstat but we haven’t seen any review applicants get accepted yet to BIMS so not sure how that will work yet. Stay tuned!

For my son:

When did you apply: 10-3
When did you get your UIN: 10-8
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: yesterday (yay)
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: review
Major/College of Choice: mechanical engineering
Did you get in: yes
Honors program: no
Class Rank: 1st quarter, 3.526uw, 4.83w
SAT: 1300 (twice!) (690 M, 610 E)
a LOT of AP classes, taking 6 this year. Have completed Eagle Scout requirements, waiting for BOR, varsity soccer, good essay, LOR.

Congrats to all that have gotten in. My DD is still waiting. And I have to say, I find this whole A&M process very frustrating! I look at the stats of those being accepted, and she is as good or better than those posting, but still nothing. Was hoping we would hear so she can move into next semester knowing what’s up for next year.

Congrats to all who have been admitted. Looks like full admits for Engineering majors applied before November had been notified.