TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@AggieMomhelp : I think that they are referring to a post I made a while back, not something that you posted. :slight_smile:

One of my daughter’s friends was denied TAMU admissions for Fall 2017, she is from a multi generational Aggie family and is now in her second year of a PTA at Blinn CC with the plan to graduate from TAMU. I had posted that as a caution that not all denied admissions are due to incomplete applications. I have no idea why that girl was denied but I doubt that her application was incomplete. Not sure why she didn’t appeal the decision either. But kudos to her and her family for having a Plan B in place (apartment lease signed with the plan to attend Blinn CC) before receiving the denial.

Ohhh
 I was like “I’ve been hacked” lol
 Thanks for clarifying @aggiemomagain

Sorry for the confusion @AggieMomhelp and @AggieMomAgain !

Just out of curiosity, @AggieMomAgain how do appeals work? Have any of you seen successful appeals? I thought they were mainly for very special circumstances. Sorry for all of the questions, this is all new to me so the info is really interesting!

@nervoustamumommy I’ve seen one appeal a couple of year ago that actually worked. The girl was denied admissions and wanted Mays. She had everything going for her, including owning a successful business. She appealed and while i think you have to have new information to present, I’m not sure if she did. Anyway, she was accepted and went straight into Mays. Honestly now that I’m typing this, it could have been for a transfer not freshman. @thelma2 do you recall this one?

@AggieMomhelp - http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/20341200#Comment_20341200 This is the post you are talking about

And here is a little more - http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2062355-class-2022-tamu-psa-admissions-decision-and-appeals-p1.html

@BlueBayouAZ @AggieMomhelp it might have been @AggieMomAgain that posted about that. I remember the post

@BlueBayouAZ YESSS Good job. How did you find that? I knew it was a girls name and not a nickname but for the life of me couldn’t remember. Thank you.

Oh @AggieMomhelp - I spent way too much time looking for something else @Thelma2 posted (never found that) and happened to see that post in my search.

Question for all the TAMU experts on this thread: A big red banner appears on the AIS portal now saying decision is deferred until January for all engineering majors that have not received a decision. Does this seem to mean your applicaiton has not made the cut for a full acceptance?

How many more full admits do you end up seeing in January/February wave?

Thank you!

@george828 deferred does not mean non full admit to cstat. Hang in there. No way of knowing how many more engineering slots there are but I feel there should be a lot more in the next wave for engineering

Just curious. Is A&M rolling decisions? Sorry if this question has been asked before?

New week, new possibilities. May the odds be ever in your favor.

i have two questions, first being regarding scholarships i was on the a&m website and noticed that there was this thing that said you had to be enrolled by february for the scholarship application but uh i had a scholarship application i completed through apply texas so is that february thing solely for people that are already at least undergrads? second i was wondering when the awarding period is bc i feel like it would really ease my parent’s mind if i at least got some sort of money :confused: lol

Hello everyone,

I am an international student from India
My howdy portal now show 6 tabs
Does this signify anything ??

@Sumeetk27 it means you have been accepted! Congratulations!

Did you just receive 6 tabs today or was this the first time you checked recently?
If you don’t mind it would be helpful to others on this forum if you can post ypur stats.

That’s great!
So when can I expect an official acceptance?
Can I even check my scholarship right now?

@sumeelk27 that might be better answered by @Thelma2 ir @AggieMomhelp They both have more experience with specifics.

@Sumeetk27 Congratulations! Have you checked your portal prior to this? Just wondering if this is new today? What are your stats?