TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@sumeetk27 First, congrats. Second, scholarship info isn’t out yet as far as I know. That’ll come in February I believe, but I am not an expert in this area. And please provide stats for everyone. This will include GPA, test scores, when you applied, major, extra curriculars, etc. Also, have you been checking Howdy every day and today you received 6 tabs or has it been a while and you just noticed it? Your answer will either freak some readers out or reassure them that you were in the last wave! Also, check your AIS and see if it says You’ve been admitted.

@goodperson200 Rolling admissions for academic and auto admits. Waves for review candidates… and we are due for another wave SOON I hope.

@AggieMomhelp would you recall historically when in February scholarship info comes out? Early/Late in the month?

STATS…

International Student (India)
When did you apply: December 1
When did you get your UIN: December 4
Date Documents Received: December 3
Date Document Attached to Application File: January 3 (probably because of holidays)
When did you receive your admission decision: University Decision (Today)- January 7 (checking it regularly)
GPA: 91/100
Major/College of Choice: Collge of Engineering (Computer Science)
Class Rank: 1/280
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1440 (780 Math)
A Ton of EC’s

** And my AIS has not been updated yet

@george828 Don’t worry about the deferment. A&M always defers applicants until January that applied by the early decision deadline. It only means that they ran out of time going through applications before the break and will have more engineering decisions come out in January. There are always full admits to engineering in January. There has to be, as there are applicants who applied after the deadline who would receive decisions in Jan.

Don’t let ED and EA decisions of other universities confuse you with EA to engineering at A&M. They are not remotely alike. Universities that use EA/ED, is for admissions to the university. A&M does not offer EA or ED admissions into the university and early decision for the engineering major is only for entry to that one specific major.

@Sumeetk27 I’ve read that your AIS will update later in the day. Congrats on your acceptance. Is this your 1st choice of schools?

@BMart15 @Sumeetk27 Scholarships will start rolling out sometime in mid to late February (minus National Scholar stuff that’s already been given) and continue well into the summer months.

It is likely that those waiting on departmental scholarships for OOS tuition waiver will have to make decisions May 1 whether to attend or not without knowing if they received the waiver or not, as the departmental scholarships continue to come out in through the summer, long past the deadline to accept the admissions offer.

Does A&M track interactions with Advisors and Admissions counselors? I was wondering if they had a record of the campus visit and BIMS advisor meeting and if that has any bearing on the ultimate admissions decision.

@AggieDreamin honestly, I don’t think it matters to them. I could be wrong, but it just doesn’t seem to be something they would “care” about.

If my son applied for math July 1st and he’s a review Amit, when should we expect to here back?

I read how someone said they have 6 tabs… what does that mean? Is that that menu bar at the top that says app status, bio info, test scores, etc?

@AggieDreamin - I think they may. And it was an apply Texas university specific question (Involvement with Texas A&M).

Tour of campus through Visitor Center
Tour of dorm
X Tour of campus with former or current student
X Visited a Regional Prospective Student Center
Visit with Admissions Counseling Office
Attended Freshman Admissions Session
Aggieland Saturday - Campus-wide Open House
Aggie Game Day Application Workshop
TAMU National Scholar Programs (NSI, NSO, NSD)
Student Financial Aid program/activity
X Meeting with departmental/academic advisor
Aggieland 101
Passport to Aggieland
Spend the Day/Night with the Corps
JCAP - Junior Cadet Accessions Program
Aggie Eagle/Gold Program
Attended on-campus sports camp
X On-campus Summer Enrichment Camp (i.e.BCAP, STARS)
On-campus Student Leadership Prgm (i.e.SEAL, SLOT)
Aggie for a Day
Sea Aggie Preview
Sea Camp
None of these

@BlueBayouAZ Ok, good…Thank you! I didn’t go through her whole application so didn’t see that part but was hoping there was a way they tracked it. At the end of the day, it might not matter but every little thing might help :slight_smile:

6 tabs meaning, my Howdy, my finances, etc. tabs like that. You only get 6 tabs if you got in @maddunc

Some review admits heard back early but majority probably won’t hear back til sometime this month or February. I’m am a review admit and I’ve done a lot of research in this area as I am also still waiting. @collegehelp888

Do you think I have a chance?
Sat 1110
Act 22
Eagle scout
Class rank: homeschooled ( but assigned 1st quarter
Major: Rangeland management
Admission: review
Uin received late September I think

@Coleaggie19 My son had ACT of a 25, Eagle Scout, Swim team, life guard 3 years, town swim coach… he was offered PSA. He choose to go to Oklahoma State… many say it is like A&M on a smaller scale… he is excelling and loving his freshman year. On this year waiting for my daughter’s decision.

@Coleaggie19 my daughter was low act as well with top quarter. Got PSA. Went to OSU first year. We loved it. She felt it was too far. Ugh. Transferred to Tamu sophomore year and just graduated a semester early… all that being said so you realize there are other options that are great but if you want Tamu, transferring is totally doable. Stretch yourself if ya can.

Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what my chances of admissions to TAMU are.

When did you apply: September 16th
When did you get your UIN: September 18th
When did you receive your admission decision: NA
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Forensic and Investigative Sciences
Class Rank: Does not rank but was assigned 2nd quarter - we only have 50 kids in my grade :frowning:
GPA is 3.67 weighted
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1360 ( 690 reading/writing and 670 math)
ACT (with Sub Scores): Did not take

I’ve taken both AP English classes as well as AP World History, AP Computer Science Principles A, and I am currently taking AP Biology and AP Government.

I have been on the basketball team for 4 years although I just got to play varsity this year. I have made honor roll every year so far. I also serve as a peer support leader and do some clubs although I do not serve leadership positions in them. I intern in the tech office at my school as well around 5 hours per week.

My LOR are pretty strong and I have visited campus twice for Spend the Night with the Corps and Spend the Day with the Corps. I did also indicate I would like to join the Corps although I am unsure if that has any effect. I am also OOS.

Thank y’all so much and Gig em!

@Roscoe2024 where is it you find the quartile? My daughters says her rank, but no mention of 1Q 2Q etc… maybe I’m looking in the wrong place

@nervoustamumommy it’s in AIS under “Documents Required for ADMISSION” 3rd box down next to “Class Rank”.