TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@nervoustamumommy if your school still ranks it will show actual rank vs quartile.

@AggieDreamin thank you! Anyone know what all of this tabs changing talk is about, and has it proven to be accurate? I think my daughter has 4

@nervoustamumommy it’s three or six tabs. three is what you begin with and once accepted, you will have six. tabs everyone is talking about is in the howdy portal. hope that helps.

They are talking about the top navigation of howdy.tamu.edu

It’s home, applicant, my howdy when you are in review. Once admitted you gain 3 more options.

If you are checking on mobile app they are the categories that open when you click the hamburger icon in top left corner

@nervoustamumommy Most have 3 tabs but I did see one case where someone had 4 tabs (I think the 4th was My Finance) but until you have 6 tabs then you are still playing the waiting game for admissions. Good luck!!!

@bellasea Being assigned 2nd quarter will hurt you, but the rest of your application that you posted looks great. Hang in there. You are up against strong candidates like yourself. Hopefully you all will hear in the next week or so.

@nervoustamumommy You’ll have to do the math on your daughter’s rank to see what quarter she fell into.

This I’ve been accepted at 4 other schools it’s just am college station is my Top choice

Do I have a higher chance of getting in since I picked a less popular major?

I don’t think choice of major plays a roll in admission to the university.

Agreed @BlueBayouAZ is correct. Aside from Engineering, your major is irrelevant. Admissions will accept you first and then look at your major. Only when you are a transfer student does applying for a specific major count.

When does the next wave of decisions come out?

@GrBraxton There are no hard and fast rules or dates to when decisions are released. They come when come. The past two years have been completely different for dates and types of releases.

If the same holds true as last year, there was a small decision release on Jan 11 for review admits and a pretty big one on Feb 5 for review admits, both dates for full admission. Other decisions followed in February Blinn Team and Gateway.

@Thelma2 did you see BIMS in both Jan 11 and Feb 5th waves?

Good grief - I didn’t want to know that January was a small wave. :frowning: Now I am resigned to not knowing until February. Poor kid. LOL

Do you think I have a chance?
gpa weighted 3.88
Sat 1250
Act 22
Over 100 plus hours of volunteering
Ap Capstone along with an a plethora of other ap course
Class Rank 82/498
Major:1st business 2nd econ
Admission: review
Uin received late November

@aggiejoe your rank is good and sat is okay. Act is pretty low though. Mays is already full but you may have a good shot at full admissions which means you’d get econ (my son went this route
 he’s a freshman). He was top 14% with 1200 sat but a strong 28 act. So throwing out your act score, your stats are pretty close to his. He also didn’t have a single AP class in high school. Just some dual credit. They say they don’t look at course rigor, but I think they do
 so your AP classes will help you.

Wasn’t there a decision release last year for engineering review applicants on January 20th?

@AggieDreamin BIMS in January. Feb was a lot of Mays getting second choice and LOTS of Viz and Construction Sci, Liberal Arts, Education, Ag Sci, Biology. Not that BIMS wasn’t included in Feb just none that reported then.

@JaceyK Small as to the number of people on CC who received a decision on that day vs other release dates. I have no clue to how many were sent out on that day state+ wide. It could have been large like Feb. Feb 5 had a lot of CC’ers get a decision in comparison to Jan. I should have clarified.

@sdwims Yes, there was a release for engineering Jan 20 and Jan 30 last year. I did not include those earlier.

@Thelma2 what is Mavs, and why you refers as is almost full it?
Thanks!