TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

same for me. We have 6 tabs, but won’t let me access the housing app. I get logged out.

@tintop, my daughter has read and told me, that according to TAMU site, you must first get notified of your acceptance. In order to accept that acceptance, the first thing you do is register for a new student conference, once that is done, you can apply for housing.

After You’re Admitted
REQUIRED

Accept our offer by registering for a New Student Conference at HOWDY via the Applicant tab.
Complete the task list at HOWDY via the Applicant tab.
Fulfill the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements.
In-state residents should complete Tuition Rate Code selection at HOWDY via the My Finances tab.
Submit proof of vaccination against bacterial meningitis.
Send final high school transcripts (and college transcripts if applicable).
Send dual credit college transcripts.
Verify Residency.

@Tintop @sweeney1996 last year even after AIS updated, it still took a day or so for us to be able to access housing to put down the $75.00 deposit. We saw the same screen we all see today, saying you weren’t logged in. Hopefully, we will all know something this week and then we should be able to access housing shortly thereafter. After we were able to access it last year we immediately applied, and got a good time spot to select housing, and were able to get Hullaballoo with no problem in May. Please note that we can only put down housing deposits at this time; you will get an email later on next spring, with the time for their room selection then they have a window to go in & select a room. The housing site crashed last year first day of room selection in May last year, with all of us Aggies on it as did the site for Fish camp registrations the first day lol. Just keep trying on any of the sites you visit and typically it updates within a day or so. Good luck to everyone!

Is it okay to continue to add items to your application after you have green check marks and are in review? If you add something new, is it going to cause a delay in the admissions decision?

@CamandCam the office of admission FAQ has this:
Can I send new information to help with the decision making process?
Yes; Texas A&M will consider any documents received by the admission deadline.

If you think it will help improve your chance of admission, then it would be to your benefit to send it in. Better to have a late notification of admission than an early denial :slight_smile:

@gingytx , thank you. The new items will hopefully bolster things for the Engineering admissions process. My son’s an auto admit, so I hope we didn’t mess anything up this week by introducing anything new. I guess we’ll find out. By the way, we are still at 3 tabs. Still waiting.

Still 3 tabs as well…for Auto Admit (Aiming for Engineering).

Still 3 tabs here as well. Auto admit and received AIS on Sept 4. Still waiting for acceptance.

My son is academic admit admit and now has 6 tabs!

@jazzymomof7 , when did y’all apply? Thanks

@Thelma2 When you say “full in November”, do you mean that all 1,000 students already got their acceptance letter BY November? My second choice is Economy BA which is Liberal Arts. My counselor told me (take this with a grain of salt) that Mays reserve some spots for review applicants just to make sure that not all the 1,000 students are auto admits. Also, I heard that TAMU should be sending acceptance emails on the 15th (2 days ago).

@futureaggie405 Yes, the full in November is from all auto and academic admits. If there are any leftover, I would be shocked, but not saying it’s not possible. My son applied Mays, was review admit got in in December and chose Econ BS as second choice. It’s a great major and will give him a good opportunity to transfer into Mays later if he chooses. Transferring is harder than getting in the first time as a freshman, but it can be done. To my knowledge they only allow 100 transfer students.

For those of y’all with 6 tabs, when did y’all apply?

@brl2000 my daughter applied on 7/1 as soon as the TX Coalition application was opened. She has 6 tabs finally as of today, but she is still in review for acceptance. She is an auto admit - School of Visualization - top 5% and many Animation and AV Awards. All AP classes - Distinguished Scholar - EC’s in the Animation and Orchestra areas.

My son last year applied also on 7/1 for Mays as an academic admit. He was in the top quarter with a 1440 SAT. He had 6 tabs in August of 2017 and he was fully accepted on 9/21/17. He also had all AP courses - Distinguished Scholar and he had many EC’s in Orchestra. Good luck to everyone. It’s such an exciting time???.

My son got 6 tabs too. Mays business school. Academic admit. Applied in the first week of July.
Good luck to all!

@CamandCam

Applied to Mays on July 22.

Posting on behalf of my son:
When did you apply: 09/12
When did you get your UIN: 09/17
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic admit
Major/College of Choice: Mays
Class Rank: Top 15% /800
SAT (with Sub Scores) : 1530 (760+770)
ACT (with Sub Scores) : NA

Pending documents show HIGH SCHOOL CURRICULUM REQUIREMENT (Details): What is this? He is in a TX Public school.
Should we provide or the counselor ??

Late chiming in (I think I may have posted about my son before) - he is still working on his essay (yes, still) - we got his 2nd ACT score results, and his score only increased 2 pts…still not enough for academic admit. Does he have any chance at being admitted??

Rank: 126/940 (approx - don’t have exact but know he is top 13%)
GPA: UW - ~3.4-3.5
DC/AP: 6 dual credit & 3 AP (3 in BIO, taking 2 AP now)
EC: HOSA (and competitions), NHS, has part-time job
ACT: 28 (24E, 27M, 30R, 30S) (he couldn’t believe he got a 24 in english - he swears he did better)

That’s all I got. He wants to do Public Health.

Adding that his older sister also applied (transferring Spring 2019) - we are waiting on her admission results.

@Eagleparent , my son’s High School Curriculum Requirement is complete and we only sent in his high school transcript. When I clicked on the “details” word, it took me to a description of the top 10% rule. Wonder if your high school transcripts do not show his class rank. This would show if he’s auto admit or not and I’m betting that is what A&M is looking for.

If you happen to have a copy of his high school transcript, I would check to see if his class rank is on it.

You can contact the A&M admissions office through the Howdy Portal to ask what is missing.
If it is the class rank, I’m not sure how your school will get it to them if it’s not on the high school transcript.

As a side note, my son is still with 3 tabs. Auto admit. Engineering. Applied in July. Still checking every day!