TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

got into BIMS today! In my AIS, it says that my acceptance letter & banner was sent early yesterday morning, so i’m predicting it should arrive in about a week or so. Super excited, GIG 'EM!

For the applicants and parents still expecting a decision, fingers crossed!

EDIT I was an auto-admit; I’m top 5 in my class. Also, my AIS had changed from “App is Complete and in Review” sometime early last week. Then, I finally heard back today after I submitted my application early December.

So my son applied to TAMU at the end of November for engineering and AIS still says that his app is in review. Looks like his chances of getting in are pretty low now. What do you guys think his chances are to get in at this point?

Stats:
Out of state
rank: school doesn’t rank but TAMU put him as 1st quarter
GPA: 3.2UW, 3.9W - took 14 honors and 7 AP classes (including physics, calculus, computer science and chemistry) throughout high school
SAT - 760 math, 640 reading - he decided to only take it once
extracurriculars - part of national honor society, tutored kids at his school with coding, executive position in school engineering club, at home engineering projects

He’s been accepted into a couple of other places, but TAMU has really been the school he wants to attend.

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp
Hi, it has been four days since I have gotten six tabs on howdy and my major status changing to ENGE / General Engineering… I should have received an update from Howdy or AIS but neither have updated in the last four days and I’m worried that something maybe wrong? Does it take this long usually? Thanks for the help in advance!

When did you apply:10/29/18
When did you get your UIN:10/31/18
When did you receive your admission decision:1/12/19 (Accepted)
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: College of Engineering
Class Rank: 162/633(25.59%)
SAT (with Sub Scores): SAT Composite:1410, SAT Evidence-Based Read/Writ :640 , SAT Math Section Score: 770,SAT Math Test Score:38.5, SAT Reading Test Score:31,SAT Writ/Language Test Score:33.
ACT (with Sub Scores): Didn’t take

@hansenelliott007
Not to worry. Your son applied after early decision deadline for a January decision. Those are just now beginning to be released. They are hardly finished.

Many high stat applicants who applied by the early decision deadline were deferred until after Winter break. They received a plethora of apps near and at deadline, so processing is bogged down.

It happens every year. Don’t loose hope. School starts tomorrow for current students and everything is getting up to running.

@DatPaladin things don’t normally update on weekends so since you have the tabs and the major change, you should be good to go. I’d give it a day or two. If you have concerns, use the contact us button on AIS. Momtoonly was on a Friday. Was your change of major/tabs on Wednesday or Thurs?

Also, look to see if you have an acceptance letter in AIS. I’m not on my computer so I don’t have access to the specific instructions, but in AIS, look under communication and then my letters and see if anything is there. If not, it may need to have the official admittance before it shows up.

@hansenelliott007 Can you tell us when your son applied, when he received his UIN, and major of choice?

Hi everyone! I’ve seen a few users talk about Naviance. I attend a competitive public school in NW Austin and we do not use Naviance. Does anyone know of another program that will allow me to see the stats of students accepted to TAMU from my school? Thanks

@goodperson200
applied on 11/24
received UIN on 11/29 and his transcript/rank was pending until around 12/10
major of choice was computer engineering (CECN specifically)

@Thelma2
the main reason we’ve become a bit hesitant that he won’t get in is because the TAMU engineering website says that they release results mid-January and it’s starting to get to that point and we still haven’t heard anything while others on here have. Hopefully they’ll release his results soon!

Hi, I’m a highschool senior who’s been waiting to hear back on my admissions decision (kinda stressing out! lol) I just wanted to get some feedback from others who have done this. Do I have a good or bad chance of getting in or getting at least BLINN TEAM?
Major: Liberal Arts School (History)
Class Rank: 290/891 (But a very competitive high school)
SAT: 1230 (taken twice, first time was a 1200)
GPA: UW- 3.87 W- 4.41 (but only took 1 AP Class for 9 weeks, didn’t tkae the rest of the 18)
Activities: Leader in a church packathon organization, played varsity football, have had a job all four years, in English Honor Society (Got into National Honor Society after I submitted my app sadly), and I’m in my schools Air Force JROTC Unit.
What are my chances? Slim or A-Okay?
It’s been my dream for a while to go to A&M because I wanted a school who would respect people in the Corps (highschool kids are not the kindest to people in the AFJROTC unit at our school) Getting in would be the best thing to happen to me! Let me know (I won’t be hurt if you say I have no chance either haha)!

@hansenelliott007
A&M went holistic review for engineering with class 2021. Since then, they have inconsistently followed the website.

The whole early action part is to try to get people to apply early so there isn’t a huge back log processing the last minute late Nov and Dec1 applicants. But it always happens.
Even auto/academic high stats get deferred who applied to get decision in Dec.

Engr Review admits are almost always deferred til Jan and after, regardless of when they applied.

Breathe easy. January is just gearing up.
My son is engr class 2020 and I’ve been helping with this process these past 3 cycles and your son has an excellent chance of full admission.

@DatPaladin my son has had 6 tabs since 12/21. His Major choice on AIS is Gen Engineering and on Howdy Manage App it is ENGE. but remains in review. We have seen no other changes nor any communication. I am hoping it was because it was the last day before holiday break that nothing else has happened. If we don’t see any changes tomorrow, I will have my son contact the school as @Thelma2 has suggested. I am relieved we aren’t the only ones with the delay.

@medgal I’m also going for LA, but haven’t heard back. What are your stats and such?

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp

Do I even have a chance anymore for engineering?

I am a review admit in the 2nd quarter, with a math sat score of 720 and a total of 1400.

How are you a review admit with that sat score? I thought the academic score was 1360??

@brichey they aren’t an academic admit since they’re in the 2nd Q. Academic admit only applies to 1st Q

@BlueBayouAZ We went to Aggie Information day in November and they said Engineering, Mays, & Viz were already full. Now my DD is frantic that she won’t get in when she applies.
So, congratulations on any admission/path to TAMU.

@cpacestx That is not 100% true. I heard mays is full but I don’t think engineering is full. I applied to Engineering around thanksgiving and was accepted about a couple weeks later. Some people who applied EA to engineering are starting to hear back. Obviously, the deadline has passed, so if your DD hasn’t applied yet, then she won’t get in. But, I don’t buy whatever they said to be 100% true.

@Goodperson200 You are correct as people are still getting accepted. Engineering didn’t give these stats, it was the Arch student services department. Sorry, I hope I didn’t misquote but I do know he said Mays & Viz as those were the 2 my DS was interested in.

@rockmom21 She’s an excellent candidate! I’m shocked she didn’t get Viz but it sounds like the want her there and are offering her a path. When did she apply?