TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@electrichpel9 are you instate or out of state? We are out of state and our one just shows the Maroon award only and nothing else so far.

@electrichapel9 We asked financial aide at NSC. They said Fafsa wouldn’t be applied till after 1 st payment has been made
which is after a Jan 25th.

@cpacestx we have not been to the NSC yet, so are you saying we have to commit and pay by January 25th? I thought we have till May 1st? Can you please explain.

@AAA124555 I’m sorry, I only know about this Spring. We already had our classes, dorm, & meal plan. So, we had a total due this semester. I’m sure if there is no commitment, there is no bill. The are very friendly in that department. They recommended texting for faster responses.

Engineer major applied 10/30
1st quarter 3.5 GPA
ACT 32 (no sub-score below 30)
Academic admit
Still showing under review as of today
Sooooo frustrating!

Does anyone know prospective dates for waves of admission? We applies in early August. Top quarter of class with a 28 on ACT, so not automatic admit. Application still shows in review.

hi! i am going to put my stats here. i also put them in other forum pages.

• ACT: 29 (34 on english, 23 on math, 32 on reading, 26 on science)
  • SAT: took three times, highest was 1310 (670 on english and 640 on math)
  • GPA: 3.8 on a weighted scale
  • AP courses: AP psych (1 LOL), AP lang (3), APUSH (3), and this year i am taking AP CS, Env. Sci., Lit, and Bio.
  • Race: Hispanic female
  • Rank: 91/474 which puts me top 18% so i am a review applicant
  • In state

I applied on 11/29 and haven’t heard anything back yet.

Extracurriculars:

• I founded and was president of my school’s poetry club my freshman year
  • Made the website for said poetry club
  • I spend every weekend + extra time on breaks volunteering to teach kids how to ice skate
  • In UIL Journalism

i am pretty average, and wanting to be a CS major puts me as having a low chance at getting in (with it being under engineering and all.) but hey, anything can happen, so let’s see what they tell me. good luck to everyone!! i have been keeping up with this forum for months but this is my first post here haha:)

Guess I’ll put my stats in here although my situation is pretty unique.
Applied: 9/26
UIN: 9/28
Act: 26
SAT: 1210
Major: CS
Race: AA
Out of state because of Harvey :frowning:
Lots of APs, dance team, varsity choir, plus a full time job, and 100 volunteer hrs.
I’m hoping I’ll at least get blinn team but after reading all the stats here I’m starting to doubt it.

Also my unique situation is that when I moved schools my transcripts were remade wrong so the transcripts that tamu got are wrong so I will have to appeal once I get a decision back. Hoping it comes soon so I can appea

@ the last few that posted. I would be surprised if you all weren’t offered full admission. Best of luck and keep us posted.

@AggieMomhelp thank you so much!! i am hoping for the best !!

If you ask a question in AIS does it automatically show up in your communications under “my questions” or does it show up only after TAMU answers? My son submitted a question yesterday morning and when he checked in later in the day for a response under my questions it says he has asked no questions. I don’t want him to submit it again if we are just overly anxious.

I’ve asked a few questions but realized I don’t think I’ve put stats - sorry!

Applied 11/20
UIN received 11/22
ACT - 29
SAT 1320 (710 eng, 610 math) superscore; 1290 if not superscored
GPA 3.75 (weak freshman year by my standards)
Major -Comp Sci (today at least
lol)
5 AP courses; 4/5 on AP exams
Regional/National/World championship titles for solo and teams in irish dance (no varsity sport; dance was his thing)
Tons of ECs including FBLA, Honor Choir, STEM regional; JROTC, part time job

fingers crossed
thoughts? He’s also waiting on UT-A, USAFA and Co School of Mines (since we’re military, we have no “loyalty” like most texans
LOL! We are in-state bc of DH residency

Hey everyone, I am currently a sophomore at a non ranking school. To be qualified for academic admit, do you think a 3.6 unweighted 4.0 GPA and a 4.65 weighted 6.0 GPA (Pre AP, AP out of 6, IB and Dual credit out of 5.5 and on level out of 5) would rank first quartile? And I read somewhere that they dont even look at how competitive your school when they assign rank, is this true? Also, for example, a 93 in AP Physics would be a 5.3, a 91 in and IB course would be 4.6, and a 98 in on level world history would be 4.8. Thanks everyone, wanting to get a bit of a headstart.

The waiting game is hard.

@Tunnelbear99 it is hard to tell. The way they assign is not clear and seems inconsistent. My daughter was non-ranking school and a 4.608 Weighted GPA and she was placed in 2Q. That being said, I have seen 4.01 get 1Q so totally depends on the school profile. Your school counselor may be able to give you some idea of your specific school profile.

How competitive was her school, and what was her unweighted gpa?

@AggieDreamin

@Tunnelbear99 very competitive, her school profile actually put her ~25.3% class rank (just barely over cutoff) but ultimately TAMU will assign a quartile if your school doesn’t rank. Her unweighted was 3.8 (4.0 scale). However, unfortunately once they assign a class rank your GPA is not even considered. Who knows
maybe they will update their process of ranking by the time you apply. :slight_smile: I would reach out to your school counselor and see if he/she will share school profile cutoffs with you. Then you can have some idea where you rank at your school. Good luck!

@AggieDreamin asked her for the profile, she said 2018 class valedictorian was 5.699, top ten was 4.97 , and top quarter was 4.46

I just wonder if they check to see if I’m in the top quarter of my class when they check or if it’s more advanced.