TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Right, but you should have heard by now? My OOS kid with those stats heard from eng before she had even checked her academic admit status, and she applied after your application date in Sept. She was 23% at her school that wouldn’t rank Texas style so I don’t know what rank A&M gave her. She won’t be OOS for tuition and A&M knows that so her OOS isn’t a $ hook.

Thanks for answering. Message in AIS said decisions should be made by mid December. I was concerned it was the lack of extra curriculars or a mediocre essay.

It is not uncommon for auto/academic admits with high scores to still be waiting. The past two years, the Early Decision deadline and notification was arbitrary and there were applicants who were deferred until after Winter break with no explanation. But with the math sub score and AP physics and Cal AB, I would not doubt a full admission offer @Rickywest

Still waiting to hear COE status for my son and trying not to stress (or stress him out). Two of his friends heard a while ago but I know that at least one of them is National Merit commended.

My son’s stats:

When did you apply: July 4
When did you get your UIN: September 20
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: Still waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Computer Engineering (Computer Science Track)
Did you get in: still waiting
Honors program:
Class Rank: top 25%
GPA: 3.72, weighted 4.2
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): SAT 1420, (710 Math, 710 Reading)

Eagle Scout, NHS, tons of volunteer hours, AP Calculus, AP Physics, AP Computer Science, currently employed teaching kids programing.

When did you apply: November 29
When did you get your UIN: November 30th
When did you receive your admission decision: December 6th
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Biomedical Engineering
Class Rank: NA
ACT (with Sub Scores) 33 overall
1500 sat

When did you apply: October 9
When did you receive your admission decision: Early November
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Petroleum Engineering
Class Rank: Top 25% in AIS
1410 SAT (720 MATH)
OOS
NHS, Varsity Football Player
AP GOV, AP Lang, AP USH, AP Chem, AP Computer Science
Senior Year: AP Calc AB/BC, AP Macro, AP Comp Sci Principles, AP Stats, DE English 1010

Can’t wait for a decision. Texas A&M is the only School I really want to go to. Already have acceptances from Tennessee, Baylor, LSU, and Virginia Tech. Hoping for good news this weekend.

Howdy! New here and need advice. Son’s stats:

When did you apply: July 18
When did you get your admission: mid September
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: Still waiting
Major/College of Choice: Electrical Engineering
Did you get in: still waiting
Honors program:
Class Rank:17%
GPA: 3.8, weighted 4.2
ACT/SAT SAT 1350, ACT 30
AP Chem 4
AP Spanish 4 - 3
Made A’s in all AP math and sciences. NHS, Spanish NHS, sports, work, and volunteer all on application.

My son checks everyday to see if he’s gotten into engineering. What does the AIS say once you have been admitted? We believe he will get in, but you never know. Both my husband and I are Aggie and his dad is an engineering grad. It definitely wasn’t as stressful to get into the engineering department back then :slight_smile:

Someone said the first round goes out before they break for the holidays. Is that verified? Is the last day this Friday?

He never sent in teacher recommendations, they didn’t show required. Does that really make a difference??

@leznik I don’t think LoR will hold him back. It just can’t help.

It’s really going to depend on how eng see his readiness in math and physics. Hopefully y’all hear soon!!

Admitted!!

When did you apply: October 31st
When did you get your UIN: November 1st
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: November 7th
Major/College of Choice: Electrical Engineering
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: TBD
Class Rank: School does not rank
GPA: 3.45, weighted 4.18
ACT: C32 E27/M35/R33/S31

@Thelma2 Does A&M share statistics of the number of students accepted into Engineering that do not make the grades for ETAM(Entry-to-a-Major)?

@houstonheat No they do not.

From the Apply, Admit and Enrollment sheet on the DARS report, I found this intersting. Here is the link for all of the majors (page 2) https://dars.tamu.edu/Student/files/Apply-Admit-Enroll-Sum-All-Fa18-incl-Galveston.aspx
and this is what it says for engineering for how many applied, how many were offered admissions and how many enrolled.

Applied: 8,183; Offered Admission: 5,561; Enrolled: 2,926
Applied: 8,508; Offered Admission: 5,238; Enrolled: 2,967
Applied: 9,961; Offered Admission: 7,375; Enrolled: 3,303
Applied:10,404; Offered Admission: 8,749; Enrolled: 3,888
Applied:10,519; Offered Admission: 8,939; Enrolled: 4,006

Still under Engineering Review but do you advise applying for housing while waiting?

Yes. If you are admitted to university, you have 30 days to apply for housing to be guaranteed priority on campus housing.

yes, apply for housing

Of the 4,006 enrolled in 2018, is it possible to determine the number in College Station? Does this number inlcude Kingsville, Blinn Team, Galveston and PSA?

When is the next round of decisions coming out?

@mandoluc When they are released

@Rickywest
The DARS report that would split the Galveston Campus from College Station isn’t out for Fall 2017 yet so 2018 will be awhile. However, from what memory serves, the number for College Station engineering for Fall 2016 was over 4000K so I will assume that number above is only for College Station.
No A&M system school is included in these numbers. Blinn Engineering Academy is not included as full time students at College Station.

Any thoughts on my son’s chances of getting in…
Applied early Oct.
GPA: 3.8 (unweighted; school doesn’t rank but TAMU listed him in 1st quarter)
ACT: 27 SAT: 1230
Alot of EC’s and a few academic awards; football team captain & other leadership roles; works every summer
Accepted to OU but only wants A&M.
Do you think he will at least be offered Engineering Academy at Blinn or Blinn Team (bc put Business as second choice)?