TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

So much for “decisions will be made by mid-December” :frowning:

Has anyone heard from Engineeirng honors? Is there a timeline for release of those decisions too? Thank you!

I would say up until about the 20th of December would still fall safely in the range of mid-December…

@ab2001
The past two years since holistic review bagan, it is usual for many decisions not to be released by the ED timeline, despite what the website says. January usually is a flurry of decisions.

Just called – they said decisions will come out mid to late December now

• for priority

Can you advise what is meant by" * for priority"?

@Rickywest I was just saying what I said above “Just called – they said decisions will come out mid to late December now” is what A&M said regarding the priority engineering applicants

Thank you!

Accepted (a while ago but I just found the page)!

ACT 34
Weighted GPA 4.34
Unweighted GPA 3.86
top 10% (118/1334)
SAT Subject Test Math 2 750

Is there a facebook page just for TAMU Engineering 2023?

@squid23 You would have to search if there is one for students. There is one for Parents of new and current engineering students.

@Thelma2
Any thoughts on my son’s chances of getting in based on his info below? Thanks for any thoughts!
When did you apply: 08/10
When did you get your UIN: 8/15
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: Waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering - Chem Eng first choice; Mech Eng second choice
Did you get in: waiting
Class Rank: 88/654 (top 14%)
SAT (with Math Subscore): 1310 (Math:670 Reading:640)
GPA: 3.89
AP Classes: This year only - Engineering Design, Calculus; Dual credit Eng;
Extracurricular not strong: 2 years basketball, 1 year choir, 1 year baseball, Chik-Fil-A leadership (this year); Youth In Philanthropy organization (this year)
Good essay

@tamuhopeful2023 If he’s not offered a spot in Collge Station, he will be offered a spot at first year general engineering in Galveston. Lastly would be Blinn Engineering Academy.
It’s impossible to say which offer exactly but I believe he will get an admissions offer and not PSA

trying to be patient but it is hard…

My daughter has been accepted to the University of TN and the College of Engineering. Her 1st choice is TAMU. We live in Tennessee but I am from Houston.

When did you apply: 10/15/18
When did you get your UIN:10/18/18
When did you receive your admission decision: waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical or Bio Medical Engineering
Class Rank:18 out of 140 @ a Highly ranked STEM school.
SAT 1310
ACT 25 (math 27)
GPA: uw 3.89 / w 4.25
AP classes: Human World Geography, Chemistry, Stats, Lang, Latin, Dual Enrollment : English 1010
Mentor to students, NHS, SGA, Science Olympiad, Band 1, Competitive dance 10yrs, Teaches dance to under priviledged kids

What are her odds of getting in to one of the engineering programs?

No rhyme or reason and probably not a help to all those waiting, but our son was admitted to engineering (civil) this morning. No email notification yet, just the update on ais.

Just Got into Petroleum this morning!
OOS from Tennessee
1st Quarter(3.8 UW, 4.2 W when I applied, 3.82 and 4.29 now)
1410 SAT(720 Math)
Can’t wait to see y’all in Aggieland next fall!

@GigEm23 when did you apply?

Mid October a few days before the early action deadline.

Congrats @GigEm23 and @NorTexApps on your engineering admissions.
I see that you, GigEm23 are an academic admit and are you as well, NorTexApps? I assume so, as you are also applying to UT.
Just so you both are aware, because you both mentioned being admitted into your specific majors of Civil and Petroleum respectively, is that you were not accepted directly into these majors but into general engineering and you will apply to a specific major in the second semester of freshman year.

You may already know this and I clarify the point so that others who may be reading the forum do not get confused. It is also helpful to distinguish the auto/academic admits to the university who are admitted into general engineering from the review admits waiting on university admissions as well as engineering admissions, as they too, are anxious for their admissions decision and it helps to know when review applicants receive a decision.

Yes, I am an Academic admit, and I am aware of the ETAM program. Is it true that by getting a 3.5 GPA your first semester you will be guaranteed any major of your choice?