TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@Le1Harsh I don’t know… that doesn’t sound very good. OMG like seriously… lead with that. You are rock solid my friend. Great job.

@Le1Harsh thats excellent, but one thing as you have 800 on Math 2 you should also have a close to or a perfect 800 for SAT math to be consistent. Then you should sail without any problem.

@AggieMomhelp , @AAA124555 Thanks! I am already feeling confident. I have put all this information in my profile.

@Le1Harsh I read back over our exchange of communications and at the time, you didn’t have a rank assigned yet. Congratualations on being placed in the first quarter. You are considered an academic admit and if not already, will be accepted into the university shortly.

With your scores, With the scores you reported, you will be accepted into engineering.

Be aware that all freshmen enter into general engineering and you will not be in Aerospace engineering until you go through a process called ETAM (Apply To A Major) in April of your Freshman year. If you have a 3.5 or higher overall GPA, you are accepted into your first choice major.

Here is a caveat. The 3.5 is a guarantee for your first attempt at ETAM. If for some reason you are not eligible to go through the ETAM process in April of your freshman year and you are eligible for the next cycle the following November, the 3.5 GPA no longer counts for guaranteed acceptance into any major of your choice.

@Thelma2 Thanks for bearing with my consistent and often repetitive comments. I finally got 6 tabs. Really excited!

@Le1Harsh Glad you got your 6 tabs! Your AIS will update shortly with your university admissions. However, the actual engineering decision may accompany it or it may come in a later release.

No worries on the consistent and repetitive comments :wink: I, myself, was the same way when my son was going through the process for fall 2016. Folks learn from one another’s posts as do I.

Hi everyone! I’m posting to give hope to those who think they have inferior test scores/credentials. I was just accepted yesterday with FULL admission to the COE.
When did you apply: 11/14/18
When did you get your UIN: 11/16/18
When did you recieve your engineering admission decision: 1/11/19
Auto/Academic/Review admit: Review
Major/College of choice: Biomedical Engineering
Did you get in: YES!!
Class Rank: 4/96
ACT: 30 composite 26 math

I had a 4.0 unweighted GPA and a 4.7 weighted GPA. NHS officer. Active in state level of student council (LASC; Louisiana). Yearbook. Soccer All Academic Team. Gifted/Talented Program.

Basically, my point is this: if you have not yet heard, THERE IS STILL HOPE!! As an applicant that applied nearly a month past the Early deadline and had rather low test scores, I had no hope for admittance to CSTAT. I thought best case would be Blinn or Galveston… However here I am now, fully admitted as an engineering student. I had also never taken any SAT subject tests. My school does not offer a calculus class, so I felt I was lacking in coursework rigor as well. One thing that certainly helped me were my LOR’s. I had an Aggie alum who obtained both his undergrad and graduate degrees from TAMU, which i believe helped a lot. Also, my essays were quite personal and transparent, which could have been a deciding factor as well. Hopefully this gives hope to some still waiting on a decision. Good luck and GIG EM!!

DS got in yesterday, we live in California.

When did you apply:11/30
When did you get your UIN:12/4
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision:1/11
Major/College of Choice:Engineering- computer science
Did you get in:Yes
Honors program:Did not apply
Class Rank:school does not rank
SAT (with Math Subscore): SAT: 1490, math 800

Hi, it has been four days since I have gotten six tabs on howdy and my major status changing to ENGE / General Engineering… I should have received an update from Howdy or AIS but neither have updated in the last four days and I’m worried that something maybe wrong? Does it take this long usually? Thanks for the help in advance!

@artesia2008 can you please post your A&M assigned rank?

@DatPaladin can you elaborate on your problem a little more?

@ aggie2023, are you full pay OOS? Do you have financial need?

CLASS RANK (1st Quarter)

@DatPaladin If it were me I would check your contact information to make sure your email address is correct. Also double check your mailing address. No personal experience on receiving a decision yet, but on this board, it seems that you should receive an email within hours of getting the extra tabs. That would be followed by a mailing.

When did you apply:10/29/18
When did you get your UIN:10/31/18
When did you receive your admission decision:1/12/19 (Accepted)
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: College of Engineering
Class Rank: 162/633(25.59%)
SAT (with Sub Scores): SAT Composite:1410, SAT Evidence-Based Read/Writ :640 , SAT Math Section Score: 770,SAT Math Test Score:38.5, SAT Reading Test Score:31,SAT Writ/Language Test Score:33.
ACT (with Sub Scores): Didn’t take

@ultimom from what I’ve seen all my email and address preferences have been correct my howdy and ais haven’t updated in four days and I’m confused because for most people it’s taken only a couple hours

@Sybylla no financial need, however I live less than 5 miles from TX border, so was told to see about possibly having OOS tuition waived… But as far as my application was concerned, I was regarded as a full pay OOS

When did you apply: 11/17
When did you get your UIN:11/20
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: not yet
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review
Major/College of Choice: Computer Engineering
Did you get in: not yet
Honors program: did not apply
Class Rank: top 49% (2nd quarter)
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1400(790 math)

GPA - 3.27 UW and ~3.6 W (Slacked off freshman and sophomore year but major improvements since junior year)
I think 2 really good Rec letters from engineering and computer science instructors from school
ECs: Top 5% in state in Chess, top 10% in national, Won lots of state and national competitions, TSA techbowl state and national compeition, Chess club, officer of Technology Student Association for 2 years in a row, volunteering activities at various organizations and shelters, Java instructor for kids at a library and Chess coach for kids.

Taking AP Calculus BC this year and AP physics 2.
What are my chances to get in to A&M?

Thank you for helping me out!

Also I was part of a band since junior year and we performed Instrumental Indian songs at a bunch of events (I was a lead keyboard player) if that helps at all.

I am getting worried that I might not get admitted since I see some review admits have already started getting their results.

When did you apply: 11/30
When did you get your UIN: 12/4
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 1/10
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review
Major/College of Choice: General Engineering
Did you get in: yes (:
Honors program:
Class Rank: 180/660
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 34 (33 Math)

@Thelma2 First question: for review admit, if my son missed top 10% by just a hair (he was seriously like 2 kids away, 48 out of 460 I think) does that get taken into account, or is he just classified as “top quarter”?