TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Transferring outside of tamu into engineering is extremely difficult. You should look up the academy pathways. You are an Aggie and you just apply for a specific engineering degree after your first year like every freshman engineering student from tamu and Galveston. I don’t have all the info at my fingertips right now. Easy to find tho and a fantastic program.

@mosid2001 I didn’t say they only look at auto and academic admits for College Station. I said that they have to process those applicants first and then see how many spots were available to review applicants - whether it be for engineering or any other major. Not all Auto and Academic admits get into engineering.

Engineering at Galveston is also an admissions decision for engineering applicants. provides students an opportunity to begin their engineering studies on the Texas A&M Galveston campus and complete their engineering degree in College Station as part of the College of Engineering. Students are eligible to change campuses after one year through the Entry-To-A-Major process. https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/entry-to-a-major/index.html
https://engineering.tamu.edu/admissions-and-aid/engineering-at-galveston/index.html

Engineering Academy at Blinn is a co enrollment pathway. You can apply to a major in Spring of Freshman year if you satisfy the general engineering curriculum satisfactorily. This is the FAQ page but explore the other links in the page for more about the program. It is similar to Blinn Team, just for engineering students. http://www.blinn.edu/engineering-academy-bryan/frequently-asked-questions.html

Transfer students have low priority of getting into a major over freshmen and current engineering students applying to a major. Competition is stiff and sometimes you can count the number of open seats on one hand. If you want to be an Aggie, starting out in the engineering path they offer is the best way. But, you will have to earn your way into the major you want. The guarantee of first choice major is only in Spring of Freshman year. After that, getting the major you want decreases. Mostly because you have had to repeat a class and your GPA isn’t high enough for the competitive majors.

@AggieMomhelp thank you for your help. @Thelma2 sorry, I reread what you said later and understood it, but forgot to edit the comment, thanks for your input, if I get accepted to engineering academy at Blinn-Bryan, do you know what my chances are to get my full admission into TAMU later on?

@mosid2001 As of 2013, freshmen starting out in the engineering major and graduating with an engineering major was 55%. Holistic review began for the class of 2021, so no new stats on that but I don’t expect it to be much higher than that. Similar to all freshman engineering students at College Station, admission to a major is competitive and not guaranteed. However, Engineering Academy students who complete all program requirements with a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5 will be guaranteed full admission to Texas A&M. What is not said here is that it may not be in the major of your choice.

This past ETAM cycle of 3rd semester general engineering students, there was a lot of gnashing of the teeth for quite a few. A 2.6 didn’t get any of their top 3 choices and those that didn’t get any of their top 3 choices had to wait another day to see what they were offered. It is all about how well you do from day one and it is not easy.

@Thelma2 sorry, my wording again *what are my chances of transferring from engineering academy to TAMU and getting my major (com eng/sci) after I have completed my requirements

@depends on your overall GPA, your general engineering required coursework GPA, and the competition you are up against. The only guarantee for your first choice major is the spring of your freshman year if you have an overall GPA of 3.5.
There is no other way to tell you your chances of getting your major. It all depends on you. If you are not eligible to be placed in your major during your first attempt, your chances decrease. How much, I don’t know. Again, it depends on your overall GPA and required curriculum. Just like a major that has requirements to be met to take upper division courses, you must earn your way.

@Thelma2 well, thanks once again, your doing an awesome job

@Thelma2, If I am remembering correctly, I read either on this thread or the regular admissions thread that scholarship info will start to come out sometime around the end of January first of February. This may be a dumb question but where will we see that information posted? Under scholarships?? finances??. I am asking this because my son received a letter a while back saying he was the recipient of the maroon merit award but we can not see it listed at all online. I would have thought that any offer would be listed online. Maybe not?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@1stCollBound “My Finances” tab and then to the Scholarships & Financial Aid portal" is where I know to look.

This link may be useful http://financialaid.tamu.edu/Undergraduate/Processing-your-Aid

Accepted full admit to Engineering at college station!!!

When did you apply: 11/29/18
When did you get your UIN: 11/30/18
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 1/27/19
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: Did not Apply
GPA: 3.88/4.0 (UW gpa)
Class Rank: school does not rank, tamu placed 1st quarter.
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1480 (800 Math, 680 Reading & Writing)
SAT 2: Math2 - 800, Biology - 770
Residency: OOS
AP Classes I took (including this year): No AP classes offered from high school.

This is exactly what my daughters ais says today.
Texas A&M University receives more applications from high achieving, academically prepared applicants than we can accommodate in the freshman class. The admission limits on the College Station campus have been reached and no additional offers of full admission will be made; however, in recognition of your academic and personal achievements, we would like to consider you for admission to one of the following Engineering Pathways:
•Option 1: Enroll in Engineering at Galveston
•Option 2: Enroll in Engineering at McAllen
•Option 3: Join the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan (TEAB-Bryan), a dual enrollment program

Space within these programs is limited and may fill prior to the May 1 deadline; therefore, placement into a program will be on a first come, first served basis and once our target enrollment is reached the option(s) will no longer be available.

Then there are buttons to choose yes you want to choose a pathway, maybe you need to consider the pathways, no you decline to choose a pathway.

My son has the three options listed as well.
Is one of the three preferred over the others?
If you click YES then you have to select one of them.

I as well received the message this morning. My family and I are are considering doing Blinn, but we want to understand it better. Based off the website, it said that if you maintain a 3.5 gpa first year, you will be guaranteed your first choice major for engineering. Is this correct? Also, will I be able to live in normal housing and dorms?

@“A&MHopeful” so if we click yes you immediately have to choose one of them? We are definitely considering Galveston or Blinn/Bryan. We have not clicked anything yet because we were not sure what it would do and we are trying to decide and doing some research.

International student / Asian
Got accepted to TAMU MechEng, and I am really blessed that I got accepted to TAMU!
Just curious…Does anyone know the acceptance rate for TAMU engineering?

@Thelma2 My son got the same offer mentioned above. He clicked yes, then chose blinn academy. It says “you are bending considered for blinn engineering academy”. Wondering: Has this been done in the past? Is it really first come first served or will he still be reviewed for this option?

@sdwims Yes, if you choose Blinn Bryan, you can live on TAMU campus and have access to anything any other full time TAMU student has access to. Just be sure you register for housing and pay your deposit quickly.

Oh and that 3.5 GPA pertains to EVERY Engineering student… full, academy, galveston. You are guaranteed first choice. IF lower, you basically apply for your first, second, third choice.

@AggieMomhelp If I chose the blinn-Bryan option today, first thing this morning, my AIS current says “You are being considered for Engineering academy Blinn-Bryan” when should I be hearing back about the decision for this??

@mattb01 I honestly have no idea. I think this is the first time they’ve done it like this… as in given options. @thelma2 may know differently from last year perhaps. I just know 2 years ago it was… you are being offered the blinn engineering academy or you may choose a different major. This is for someone that was an auto admit.

But knowing not everyone got this notification who applied directly to engineering makes me think you guys would hear sooner than later. Remind me again, were you auto/academic or total review candidate?

@AggieMomhelp I was a review admit, I applied right when the application process was opened… I was 2 people of out the top 10% of my class…