TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

What is the MPE? We are new to all this with engineering. I have an older daughter at Texas State doing interior design. My younger daughter will be doing the Academy. She took pre-AP physics and is in AB Calculus. What does she need to study? Where do I find practice tests?

MPE stands for Math Placement Exam. On her howdy portal under application tab there should be practice tests. She will take it on the 2nd day of NSC at TAMU.

Congrats on Academy offer. That’s exceptional! Best of luck… and feel free to pepper this forum with questions. We’ve all been there.

I will call with him when he gets home from school. His application shows complete and in review and all the boxes are checked green except the ones say after admission (meningitis shot and final transcript). He also has all the required coursework or rather will when he graduates. Obviously English 4 etc…are in process like everyone else. I keep worrying something went wrong. It makes no sense. I’ll also have him call an advisor if we get Galveston. I don’t want to see him throw A&M away. I would rather he do team and get to live on campus in the engineering dorm though.

Ok I called and they confirmed he is academic admit for A&M but still has to undergo engineering review and he missed the early deadline for that by 2 weeks. Somehow we missed that detail early on when researching so he hussled after our campus visit to get it in before November as the engineering head said to.

@AggieMomHelp I thought people had recieved blinn offers already because they were posting about it? I also had another question, do blinn team people attend the NSC along with tamu full admits?

@learner234 that was for engineering only… it’s Blinn Academy. Team is for non engineering majors.

@learner234 I accepted my Blinn offer for engineering, and my next steps are to sign up for an NSC time so I’m assuming Blinn students in engineering do go to NSC along with the full admits.

@AggieMomHelp Sorry, I meant Blinn Academy. Are the academy offers over because I applied engineering with a 1400 SAT and 26% and haven’t gotten any offer yet.

Here is some engineering academy info. Everyone should go through the links for information.
http://www.blinn.edu/engineering-academy-bryan/enrollment-guidelines.html

Enrollment Guidelines
Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan First Steps:
By accepting your admissions offer with Texas A&M, your application information will be sent to Blinn. Please do not submit an application to Blinn. However, prior to registering for classes at your Texas A&M New Student Conference (NSC), we will need to receive a few additional items to finalize your enrollment with Blinn.

Students will register for their Blinn and Texas A&M classes when they attend their Texas A&M NSC. In order to ensure that students can put together a full schedule at NSC, students must have their admission files complete at both schools.

Prior to Attending your Texas A&M NSC and registering for classes:

(Items listed below are for Blinn, please refer to your TAMU Applicant Information System (AIS) and your Now that you are Admitted book for items needed by Texas A&M University.

Confirm your offer of Admissions with Texas A&M University by registering for your Texas A&M New Student Conference.
Receive your Blinn ID from Blinn. This will be sent via email a week after you confirm your offer of admissions with Texas A&M University. Please add @blinn.edu to your safe senders and monitor your spam folder.
Send current copies of high school transcript. (a final official high school transcript will be needed after graduation)
Send current copies of official college transcript (if applicable)
Send your proof of vaccination against bacterial meningitis
Complete Pre-advising online modules found in your myBlinn→ Personal Information
Attend your Texas A&M NSC
Register for Blinn courses online at the NSC
Prior to classes starting:

Pay your tuition bill by the Blinn deadline
Send final high school transcript (must have graduation date)
Send final copies of official college transcript (if applicable)

I know we had a parent on here who talked about their son’s experience in Galveston. Are there any posts or other forums where someone talks about the Academy experience?

My son chose Blinn Academy late Tuesday night and got 6 tabs this morning and AIS updated with his Blinn Academy acceptance letter this afternoon. It happened quick after choosing. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. I know it is painful.

So I’m an auto admit and I applied back in October but missed the early deadline and I was told that my engineering decision would come out mid-late January and I still haven’t heard anything and I was wondering if I don’t get an acceptance tomorrow does that mean that I’m not getting in?

@andyoakley what was your sat or act score?

Almost comedic how the corps recruitment letter arrives on the day you get rejected :confused:

@ElainaT Try this link for the info on Galveston
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2123914-class-of-2023-tamu-engineering-at-galveston.html#latest

I still have not heard back from TAMU? I applied in Oct 23, SAT 1380 (math 730, reading 650), first quartile, but review admit due to my reading score. Am I out of luck for getting fully admitted into TAMU engineering?

1370 on the sat with 700 on math and 670 on English

@leaner234

@andyoakley did you get accepted?

@thuc12345 I’m in the school but I haven’t heard back from the engineering program