TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@AggieCorpMom2023 , same thing for us! Last name is near the end of the alphabet so I was just telling my friend today (whose son already received the banner/letter) that I bet it’s going out in waves that way.
My son applied earlier than my friend’s son so the alphabet is the only thing I can think of for why we haven’t received it yet. I’m sure we’ll get it soon…

@zmom22 thanks. That info really helped. Will keep a look out during December I think that’s when they said they will send in the first wave of engineering decisions for people who applied before Oct 15th.

I have a D not yet received the “letter” but admission on 9/20

Last name begins with an H and received the official letters/banner Saturday. Then again, aren’t too far from College Station.

Last name begins with D and my son just received his admittance packet today. Admitted into school 9/21 but in engineering review still. They are coming :slight_smile:

My daughter got her acceptance letter Monday. We are also waiting for a decision on engineering. After acceptance, does she need to send any more documents for her file to be complete? The letter mentioned an October 15th deadline (to have your file completed) in order to receive a December decision. Just want to be sure we have everything submitted for that deadline.

I think they sort by zipcode… who knows… Trusting the process!

Besides waiting on the mail, in the past, the acceptance letter was available in AIS.

ACCEPTANCE LETTER
On your AIS, at the top, it says My App Status, My Bio Info, My Test Scores, My Communications, Contact Us.
Click on My Communications
Click My Letters
You should have a letter there with your decision…

Has anyone heard if any engineering decisions have been made (National Merit Commended and above and Hispanic Scholars might hear early)?

I think I messed up!!! My son is applying for engineering and I just sent the ACT scores today. They will not make it for the 10/15 deadline, we are out of state He has a ACT of 31(32 Math, 31 Science) 4.0 weighted GPA, we do not rank in our school district but he is in the top 10%several honor societies, and clubs, played a varsity sport. What do you think of his chances now that he will probably be in with regular admits? Is there really a big advantage to going EA?

@CamandCam I have not seen anyone nor have I heard of any decisions yet for engineering. For Class 2021, decisions didn’t come out until Nov. 11 and 21. Then a smattering of Dec dates early then quite a few the 14th/15th.
Class 2022 had the early dates of Oct 5 and Oct 31. then the Nov 21, smattering of early Dec and lastly Dec 15.

@nymom43 One could hope the scores arrive before the deadline but College Board is not the most expedient.

That said, in the two years that engineering has undergone holistic review, there have been high scoring applicants that applied after Oct 15 (became complete and in review) and they still received a decision before Winter Break.

He will receive admission to the University shortly after everything is complete and in review, but if he doesn’t get his decision before Winter Break, if last years results are anything like last year, the Auto/Academics received their admissions to engineering in January (even some that applied by the Early Decision deadline).

A handful of engineering review applicants received their admissions decision before February.

Both years since holistic review was implemented, the first year was chocked up to working out kinks in the process and last year, with the application deadline moving from Dec 1 to January 2 due to Hurricane Harvey, that there is just no predicting what will happen this year.

Oh wow! AIS changed today and major went from undeclared to general engineering! Under next steps, the offer can be accepted by signing up for new student conference by May 1!

I just checked my daughter’s Manage Applications page and it says Application Status: “WHOOP! You have been admitted!” with Major: Engineering!!! The AIS page still says Engineering Review though.

Under Manage Application my daughter’s says she has been admitted also. Is that just to the University? My friend’s son’s portal says the same thing. AIS still shows under review.

@TxMinnie In AIS, look under “next steps” which I think is in “correspondence”. It may give the option to signup for NSC or decline the offer and thats how I knew things had changed. If you haven’t already, read those letters in correspondence. They are very helpful and let you know of all the possibilities.

@Eggscapgoats Thanks for the info. Looks like my daughter is still in review. Hopefully the wait won’t be much longer. Congrats to your family!

@TxMinnie , does your daughter’s major show ENGE under the manage applications part? I can’t remember if it has always said that for my daughter or if it said engineering review or UN or something. Dangit! I jumped the gun, didn’t I?! Ugh! I’m not looking again till November. Yeah, right!

@TXRunningMom Yes - it shows ENGE under the Manage Applications part. It was the first time I had looked at that screen so I wasn’t sure if anything had changed. I keep telling myself to not check until November but I can’t help it!

@TXRunningMom, My son’s major changed also in the manage applications part of Howdy …but no new communications in AIS. I have been watching in the manage applications spot and it definitely changed from the UN something to Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-CV… my heart just jumped… I hope it is a good sign; but will try to not get to hopeful.

@Thelma2 …what are your thoughts on this change??

eeeeeeee - this waiting is wild!

Mine says "Whoop you have been Admitted! Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-MS

does that mean I got admitted to A&M Engineering???