TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

I don’t think I even got accepted into the school…

If you check your howdy portal it should tell you if you have

It just says under review

Have u been offered blinn team

thuc12345 you have to check AIS portal to see if you were offered Blinn Academy or other Alternative admissions offers

@aggedreamin My AIS says my app is complete and in review since I applied

I haven’t received a single letter or any update from TAMU besides the one they acknowledged my app when I first applied.

thuc12345 Ok, then I guess you are in the same boat as the rest of us. Good luck!!! We still have a couple of days in the week to see some offers.

Does anyone know if everyone receives the corps recruitment letter, even after you were pretty much denied full admission?

I think everyone gets one it looks like it was just bad timing :frowning:

@learner234
As has been repeated ad nauseam on this thread, there are decisions still not out for engineering students. No one can tell you what the remaining decisions are. Blinn Engineering Academy only offers, Mc Allen Engineering Academy only offers and Galveston only offers have not gone out. And there might be a few full admissions left.

So, please put away the pitty party. You have not been denied from A&M. Decisions in the past, as has also been posted ad nauseam to where I might not post it ever again, is decisions have been finished as early as Jan 24 and as late as mid February.

@Thelma2 At this point, 2Q applicants are basically denied cstat full admit for engineering right?

@learner234 research the academies and Galveston while you are waiting. If you get one of them you are still an AGGIE. So you may not start at Cstat but you will transition there and graduate from there as long as you do what is required. You will also have all the same access to activities and events as those starting at Cstat. You know they could not have the Engeneering Academies at all and that would give even less people the opportunity to be an Aggie.

Everyone gets the corp letter.

Unless you have recieved an actual denial letter you havent been denied. There are still many people in your same boat. There is still time to get some kind of offer. When you do come in here and ask questions to better understand what you are being offered. Call and speak to an Admissions Advisor. I did that today just because I needed more info about the differences in TAMUG and Blinn/Bryan Engineering Academy.

I hope you have a parent or other support system that can help you with all of this. Its a lot to handle!

I know its hard to wait. We have all waited and many are still waiting,

Those offering advice and info based off their experience and past trends. All they can tell you is what they have learned and what has happened in the past. Be thankful for their knowledge which has been a huge help. Can you imagine nobody here to give any info or past trends.

I hope you hear something very soon.

Please forgive me but what is the Corp letter? My daughter has been admitted and has selected the Blinn Engineering Academy; and she will Spend Night with the Corps, next week. But she hasn’t received a “letter”; what exactly is this?
Also AIS hasn’t been updated yet. (With Blinn Engineering Academy)…?
(Also the plot thickens as today she was also accepted at Baylor for Mechanical Engineering)
As we are OOS I’m really looking forward to her assessment of both programs.

@rockmom21 The corps letter is just a recruitment letter from the corps of cadets. Everyone receives it, syour daughter should receive it in the coming weeks.

@learner234 thank you!

At this point, I’ve pretty much lost all hope for any offer. UTD it is I guess.

UTD is my daughter’s in state back up choice too @learner234 . While it is a very different school than TAMU - I really liked the campus and the vibe there.

UT-Dallas is a very good school in its own right. Some deeper in the list engineering applicants last year chose to go to UTD rather than, say TAMU-Galveston. The school recently built a new Mechanical Engineering building, and their Computer Science/Computer Engineering is very strong. As an engineer, I don’t have as much info about their other departments, but I would assume that ANYTHING computer and ~computer art-related would be very strong there. They have a named business school, and all the Dallas tech/business scene not too far away. Admission is to the university itself and students can change majors. The new dorms there have many advantages. They have money to give to good students. Our older son turned down a good offer there and, as more of an intellectual than our younger son, would have been well off there, in our view. It’s a very, very different school than many traditional schools, but it’s a pretty, modern looking place and has been growing steadily in recent years. Their rankings are pretty high, definitely a cut above almost all engineering schools in the state.

You all have probably talked about UTD in prior posts this year, but I haven’t been following this forum as much as I was last year.

I always suggest that students apply to honors programs, especially at their not top choice, and to me, this offsets. Please consider doing this whenever you can.

I am with @momhopesnxtgenag - UTD is really worth checking out. It’s now a school of nearly 30,000 and with the addition of the freshman dorms - and the campus makeover - it has really grown in the past 5 or so years from a commuter school to a more traditional campus.

There are many kids (10% students) at my daughter’s high school that applied to UT Austin and UTD but not TAMU. Even though they would have been auto admits.

With all of the generous academic scholarships they offer - the school attracts a high performing student population. Test scores at UTD are actual higher than TAMU (looking at the common data set for 2017-2018)

UTD middle 50%
SAT
Reading - 600-700
Math - 620-730

ACT
Composite 26-32

TAMU middle 50%
SAT
Reading - 570-670
Math - 570-690

ACT
Composite 25-30