TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@BlueBayouAZ I hope your daughter applied for an honors program at UTD. If not, I think students there can do it later in their career. UTD also has a tie-in with UT Southwestern medical school (my older son has a strong life science interest). If your daughter is interested in visualization, surely she would be well served at UTD. Sometimes it’s just a matter of a little extra prestige in their minds (hence honors program acceptance), or friends going there or not, etc. Always good throughout life to have a back up plan!!

One of the buildings we toured was engineering. I was very impressed that a ton of students were there at 4pm on a Friday evening. While many were studying in small groups in the hallways - they looked like they were having fun and joking around. You got a really strong feeling of community. Frankly, I was not expecting that from UTD. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Our workplace has a group that mentors some high school students at a Ft Worth high school. Many of these students, some of them are solid, intelligent students who are involved in some pretty sophisticated robotics work, really have no one to advise them at home. I just cannot comprehend how often this happens. We are happy seeing them go off to college, many of them hitting below their weight but definitely moving on. Find a young person to mentor, even in a small way, just one conversation! Some students have no options at all yet for next fall, application deadlines for many, many schools have not yet passed, and they could use our help.

@BlueBayouAZ One of the greatest blessings of youth is the ability to be carefree. Sometimes, the very, very highest performing students academically are not able to form the social ties that make life happy. My son at UT is surrounded by extremely high performing pre-med majors, and it is a lonely place for him.

So A&M said decisions come out tomorrow? Someone was talking about March 1st so I’m just trying to clarify.

@ab2001 engineering decisions?

@MomHopesNxtGenAg I am so sorry! Watching your child struggle is the worst. I was also a Zoology/pre med major. I made friends in other ways, but can honestly say I had no relationship to other Zoology majors. We did our work and left. Scientific minds often struggle to know how to engage with others, but wish they could. I’m sure the other students are lonely too. I empathize with your son. It gets better! I had a huge group of friends by graduation- mostly pre engineers, docs, vets. I think socializing was a process we all had to learn and maybe we thought more alike? I hope he finds his group soon. Maybe if he looks elsewhere, not just in his science classes it would help. I made a couple of friends in my weightlifting elective. Who brought me to parties…Good days! Anyway, I am thinking of your son and hoping it gets better soon.

@ab2001 we are hoping they are tomorrow. From the conference I went to and the newspaper article that followed, they made it sound that students will know by end of week… is that Friday or weekend… who knows. I just pray you guys hear something soon. We need a solid wave on here so we can all jump and down together!!!

I hope so! When I spoke to admissions yesterday she said “sometime in February” which of course contradicts the January Review banner…but we wait regardless lol

I am in the wave. I remember so well the frustration of not hearing anything until mid-February. My son had his head down on the kitchen table at Christmas last year in despair.

You folks rock on! Concentrate on being ready, because the notifications will come!

@AggieMomHelp Has this been the most crazy year for applicants that you have seen?

@learner234 I wouldn’t say craziest just different. It could be there isn’t a big enough sampling pool on this forum. The review admits that got into Mays in Oct were just shocking because some were 2Q and decent scores, but nothing off the charts. And then I feel we haven’t seen big waves come through… more like, “wait, was that a wave?”. Last year and prior years… it was 3 pages of “I got 6 tabs today” type of announcements.

It’ll be interesting to see stats on non engineering students on this last wave.

@AggieMomHelp would you believe the full admit wave for engineering students has passed?

@learner234 yes simply because they don’t typically come back with full admissions after offering the alternatives. BUT, I could always be wrong.

@AggieMomHelp so would you assume that the blinn academy or galveston or mcallen offers are over as well? or is there a wave tomorrow?

@LEARNER234 Those offers are not over until March 1st.

My son got accepted to the Blinn Engineering Program (TEAB) approximately the 2nd week of February 2018 cycle. There’s more decisions to come for sure. By the way, it has been a fantastic program thus far with the new changes. He should get his 1st choice for his engineering major in April and be a full time A&M student in the fall of 2019. Good luck to all!

The alternative engineering admission offers are certainly not over, no way. I would guess there might be a few full engineering admissions rattling around, but remember that there aren’t many full admits out of the review candidate pool. It’s a tough group to break into.

You folks rock on! Hopefully soon!

@ab2001 @learner234 @txkellygirl

This issue of conflicting dates and times happens every year. When you call admissions or do the chat, there is a different answer every time. ONLY trust the published dates put out on official University outlets. Which is March 1.

Nothing is over until it’s over. The waiting is agonizing but don’t give up. No answer means you are still in the running as there are MANY still waiting decisions. Heck, Auto and Academic Admits already admitted to the university don’t have a decision yet so that review engineering applicants haven’t heard a decision is not out of ordinary.

The past two years, many decisions came in February and it isn’t February yet. Last year, for class 2022, ALL Blinn Team, Blinn Engr Academy, Galveston and Gateway came out in February. ALSO FULL admissions for review applicants came out February 5.

Class 2021 engineering, all decisions were out by Jan 24 and review applicants for non engineering majors Full, Blinn Team and Gateway also came out in February.

Where they differed was for class 2021, PSA came out BEFORE Blinn Team and Gateway. Class 2022, PSA came out AFTER all other decisions.

@learner234
Every year is frantic for applicants. This year is no different and no more crazy than since my son went through it in 2015/2016.

@AggieMomhelp
Remember to separate the engineering decisions from all other review decisions.
2021 saw engineeing applicants finished by Jan 24 for full admission, Blinn Engr Academy and Galveston and Regular review applicants were getting full, Blinn Team and Gateway in February.

January 11 Full admission Review Admits
January 30 Full admissions Engineering
February 5 Full admission Review Admits
February 7 Blinn Team
February 8 Blinn Team
February 8 Blinn Engr Academy
February 12 Blinn Engr Academy
February 12 Galveston Engineering
February 13 Galveston Engineering
February 15 Gateway
February 20 Gateway
February 23 McAllen Engr Academy

OK, TEAB-RELLIS folks, @Maverik is a good source of info!