TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@Maverik

You have been duly elected as the official all things Blinn Engineering Academy. Welcome. We know you will be up to the task and lead solidly through this time of stressful decision making! Welcome and Congratulations =D>

Wait so if you haven’t gotten your acceptance into the engineering program by now does that mean your most likely not getting into it cause I’m already in atm due to auto admit but I still haven’t heard back from engineering

@andyoakley

I am not convinced that the last of the full admissions to engineering in College Station are over for Academic and Auto Admits. There are many still waiting. And not just on this forum. Last year, the last full admissions was January 30th.

In the past, for engineering, the order was all full admissions offers came out first followed by for 2021 Galveston and then Blinn Academy. For 2022, it was Blinn Academy before Galveston.

In all years past (and this is my 3rd admission cycle) review applicants were never offered ANY choice of admissions. They were offered Full OR Galveston OR Blinn Academy OR MCAllen Academy. The ONLY ones offered choices were auto and academic admits who were not offered full admission to College Station. Those applicants were offered Galveston Blinn Academy or pick any open major in College Station.

So, in light of this new admissions offer, I am not saying full admissions to College Station are still open nor am I convinced they are closed. IF College Station seats are closed. Being offered engineering at Galveston or Blinn Academy would still be a GREAT opportunity.

All we can do is wait and see. We are here to commiserate with you through the end.

@Maverik would love to hear your sons experience with TEAB. My daughter was offered Galveston, Blinn Engineering Academy or Mcallen. She chose TEAB. I know there are many on her trying to decide and will probably be more soon. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

@DaughterEngineer my son is at he Academy in Brenham which is very similar to the one in Bryan. The main difference between McAllen, Galveston and TEAB is that TEAB is a co-enrollment deal with Blinn and you need to maintain a 2.5 GPA at Blinn to transition to TAMU full time. Galveston and McAllen are full admit offers, you just spend your first year away from CS. Because you are full admit, you just need to maintain good standing with the University as any full admit would so the GPA requirements are lower (2.0). However, if you are below a 2.5 as a full admit no matter where you are located, the chances of getting your first or second choice major is about zero. So, while there is less academic pressure to stay enrolled at Galveston or McAllen, you are going to need to get above the 2.5 and most likely above a 3.0 to get what you want no matter what option you choose. Oh, and TEAB is cheaper…

To anyone that has received a blinn academy offer, were you emailed about it at the same time as well?

@learner234 no my daughter did not get an email. The offer was on her ais for Galveston, McAllen or Blinn/Bryan Engineering Academy.

No email, but the offer letter is on AIS and you can print it off. My son did get an email about a financial aid offer though.

@Thelma2 @AggieMomHelp So my son got in Blinn Academy. We have signed him up for NSC, have applied for Engineering Village LLC housing (and for those worrying that it is too late, he got guaranteed on campus permanent housing), and sent his FAFSA to Blinn. Is there anything else time sensitive that we still need to do?

For those doing Blinn Team for engineering, is there transportation to the two campuses? I am worried about the reliability of my son’s car in the event this is the option he is offered.

@Txkellygirl from what I understand there is a bus that goes between the two.

My daughters Howdy went from 3 tabs to 6 this morning. She got the Galveston/Blinn/Mcallen offer on Monday and she chose Blinn on Wednesday. AIS still says being considered for Blinn. Do we have to wait until something changes there to register for NSC?

I think I am agonizing in part because he is an academic admit with no decision yet and because he is really not on board with the pathways versus full campus. I’m trying to encourage him to do team if that’s the offer. He got to know a lot of students at our engineering visit and they said getting to know the professors on campus makes a difference in getting your choice of Major as well internships etc… This has biases him against Galveston. He isn’t buying the space issue because if engineering is full at college station why would they have room for him to take engineering classes ONLY at college station. He right…it’s a STATS thing because Team members are not counted in freshman statistics. I have to remember that I can’t want this for him more than he does. He has amazing offers and scholarships from other schools. He needs to do what is best for HIM so he can be successful. Anyway, clearly I need some sort of AIS detox lol!

@Txkellygirl if he really wants to be an Aggie then what is 1 school year of being at Galveston or Blinn Bryan Engineering Academy? He will still be an Aggie and have access to all the same privledges. If making connections to the professors at Cstat is what he is wanting then TEAB is the way to go if he doesnt get Cstat since he will be taking engineering classes at Cstat. I encourage you and him to talk to an Academic Advisor my daughter and I were on the fence until we did. She chose TEAB so she could still take classes at Cstat and become familar with the campus. Dont give up hope.

This is what I keep telling him…choose Blinn Team if he is offered that choice. He plans on talking to admissions if that happens…but honestly it seems more like to try to logic them out of it. He’s stubborn so we will see.

@Txkellygirl Something for your son to consider. When I went to A&M (a long time ago), I can not remember one of my math, chemistry, physics, history, etc professors. I do however remember my engineering professors in Aerospace. I even took Blinn classes my senior year(s) to burn up some of the non engineering electives that I had left. His non engineering professors are not likely to make a lasting impact on his college experience (unless they are especially eccentric or bad). As someone who had the full Aggie experience as an engineer, I think TEAB is a wonderful idea and even think that it is a better option than full admision.

is it safe to assume at this point that engineering academy offers are over?

@learner234 we havent seen anyone on here or the other admission thread recieving offers today. So maybe it will be tommorrow or Sunday. I dont know. I realize it is extremely stressful. I would suggest learning as much as you can about all the possible offers so that you can make an informed decision about them.

@Txkellygirl Your son has good rank and scores, good enough for academic admission. In the absence of more information, I wonder whether he may not have some AP credits that probably most engineering applicants have. Could this be holding up his admission, esp. to engineering? Probably with extremely few exceptions, most of the engineering admits to CS or any alternative pathway have a lot of AP credits, esp. math, physics, probably chemistry and others, under their belts. Again, I have no information about the courses your son has taken. Perhaps you could fill us in.
It has occasionally happened that auto or academic admits are not offered engineering admission, but probably not often.
If he has a lot of such credits, then you would be on good grounds to petition any offer that is not full admission to engineering at CS. There would be time for this.

@Miaggie1
Your AIS will update with everything you need to do. The New Aggie info like this link from class 2022 will also be mailed to you or it come email. This is from last year https://newaggie.tamu.edu/preparing-to-be-an-aggie/
Get his menegitis shot. We went to the Minute Clinic inside the CVS for all three of my kids and upload it now. Nice to get as much out of the way before Spring Break hits and then it is a whirlwind until school is out, graduation, and it is a blurrrrr.

If he’s taking a car to campus, Parking Permit Registration opens the first week of April. If you want the best chance to get a permit, register one day 1 or during the first week. Permits do run out and very few get off of the wait list. Getting a permit to lot 100 does not guarantee you a spot. http://transport.tamu.edu/parking/FAQpermit.aspx

READ THE ENTIRE FAQs. They are doing it a little differently than our cycle and are packaging the options instead of picking lots and garages separately. I think that was confusing for many because students are limited to where they can park based on where they live and folks were not reading the instructions. Also, some lots are no longer available.