TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@Txkellygirl was this Blinn-Team offer you mentioned just made or was it last year?

@AggieDreamin we are talking hypothetically. My son is an academic admit waiting on engineering decision and he is beginning to think at this stage he will only get Blinn Team or Galveston as an offer. I think I have him on board with Blinn if that happens.

@Txkellygirl I was talking about the Blinn-Team offer you said your son’s friend received for Business. I was wondering if that was recently or last year. We hadn’t seen any Blinn-Team admits on this forum yet for non-engineering majors.

@Maverik I was told that Blinn College was nearby CStat, commutable by bus, maybe 10 minutes away. Is “Rellis” the same location? We are OOS, my daughter is not bringing a car.
She was offered and selected “Blinn-Bryan TAM Engineering Academy”, the exact verbiage on AIS. “ Rellis” wasn’t mentioned.
Could you enlighten me here? Hoping the commute will be doable for a freshman student with no car.

I am certain that @Maverick will say more.

I used TEAB RELLIS to designate the new-for-2018 year site of the TEAB program in Bryan. It was moved relative to prior years, and I was hoping to hear about the new site directly. That will be the site that new TEAB Bryan students will use next year.

@AggieDreamin it was my son’s friend that received the Blinn Team offer and it was last year.

@rockmom21 it such an easy place to not have a car. Shuttles run all over and definitely between all campuses. (Reilly’s. Blinn. Tamu). We also have Uber AND she will make friends that will most definitely have cars for weekend or weeknight fun/meetings/study sessions etc.

That was @trinley who posted about her son’s friend. Sorry

@trinley I did address to the wrong person. Sorry! You mentioned a friend of your son’s that was offered Blinn-Team for business. Was that this year recently or was it last year?

@AggieDreamin it was my son’s friend that received the Blinn Team offer and it was last year. @Txkellygirl FWIW I’m what my wife calls “a big icky boy”… and TAMU Class '92.

Hoping for an academy wave tomorrow

Is it possible to be and auto admit and not get offered engineering at atm or at blinn academy

@andyoakley I gather that it is rare for an auto or academic admit to not be offered an engineering slot in CStat or at TEAB (Bryan/RELLIS). Please don’t read much or anything into A&M’'s deadline notices. They routinely blow right through them, really. Try to distract yourself. You all will hear soon. Your stats seem solid to me. Good luck to you and all waiting.

Is there a engineering wave next week for engineering applicants either for full admission to cstat or blinn bryan academy?

I have only watched one prior year, but I don’t believe there is ever clear advance notice unless someone hears it from maybe the only, like one, admissions person who really has good info.

Rellis campus is approx 12 miles away from TAMU. My son says with traffic it may take 15-20 minutes by car. He lives on the North-Side, by the new Zachary building. There is a bus route to Rellis. Bus 47 runs from 8am-9:30pm. (after 7pm there’s a van that services the route. Monday-Friday.) Parking is 350.00 for the year. Try: transport.tamu.edu/transit.aspx.

Thank you @Maverik !

Oops sorry! This is what happens when I assume ?

@Thelma2: Do you have any statistics from past years about ultimate admission offers to engineering for auto and academic admits who requested engineering? There are a few applicants here who haven’t received an engineering admission but fall into those categories. Just curious how things tend to go after engineering holistic review…