TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@aggiemom96 DO NOT worry about classes and NSC. TAMU has this all figured out. Classes open up on a rolling basis throughout the summer. AND then… it reopens for everyone (all class levels) for a week or so before school starts as current students add and drop classes before the semester starts. My son has had a great schedule for semesters this year. Yes he didn’t get all of the classes he wanted but he got all he needed. My daughter, who just graduated, never had to be forced into a class (although they will do this if necessary) and got what she needed when she needed it. To me the schedule and NSC has never been an issue…nor has housing. Breathe… feel better???

Your post made me smile @trinley. I will also say my dad was a Chemical Engineer from UT in the late 50s. So I grew up knowing what an Aggie was, even though I was in the northeastern US. My kids were born out of state and we moved to Texas when they were in junior high. A good portion of our neighbors are Aggies. There are yard signs, painted logos with the house numbers on the curbs Etc. We had been here about a month - when the girls asked what that was. Neither knew TAMU or Aggie. Within Texas the Aggie network is unmatched.

Both my daughter and son (Blinn Team) have never had problems with signing up for classes. My son who is in Blinn TEAB they use “tracks” to make sure they get their required classes. Beautiful! There’s plenty of housing now at A&M almost to the point of overbuilding. Totally agree with @AggieMomhelp. Just read all the info they provide you carefully. Biggest challenge: Pass the MPE at the NSC!

One of my A&M professors, a selfless man who just recently passed away, helped me get to an engineering graduate school further up the rankings list. There will always be love in my heart for A&M. I just hope my son will find the same fond feeling. I so hope it’s not in the past. Judging from the musters we have here in our workplace and the number of young people who attend, it’s not.

@trinley my spouse wears his TU ring is it is often mistaken for an Aggie Ring and he has to explain. :))
Capital Day today. Going to be a hard session.

@aggiemom96 Not to worry, as others have said. The open new sections at every NSC just for that NSC. Depending on the major, it could be more issues after they are in CStat. My Jr’s registration opened November 14 and he didn’t get all of his classes until open registration in January. Still couldn’t get 1 he wanted and will need by graduation and it may be Sr year he gets on the list for it. But it all works out.

Our company tries to help young people with a variety of financial and other resources. It’s important for me to be as objective as possible in order to be helpful for them.

I still keep in touch with A&M classmates. We have started losing some now (and it hurts).

Thank you all for the reassurance! I’m still holding out hope for full admit to Cstat but if not, most likely will be changing to a science major with engineering minor or hope to transfer in later. Trying to encourage him to keep an open mind about Blinn Engineering but so far…no luck. He just prefers to wait until we find out what, if anything, they offer before he thinks about it. He’s probably healthier for it…not stressing too much!

@AggieMom68 you are singing my song. As an academic admit parent I feel a little bipolar in the wait too. Hang in there…you are not alone!

CAN A&M PLEASE HURRY UP WITH THE ACADEMY OFFERS ARGHGHGHHRGH

My son received full admission this morning to Mechanical Engineering at College Station. He was an academic admit. This site has been so helpful! Hopefully this is a big wave and there will be lots of good news today!!!

Finally got into computer engineering today! @Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp you both have been very helpful. Thanks again!.

Are there any review admits still waiting for engineering offers?

Yes

Some people have already gotten into engineering today do they release them all at once and if so does that mean since I haven’t gotten one today yet am I nkt getting into engineering

Actually wait scratch that I got into computer science today

They appear to be waving through some auto and academic admits into TAMU Engineering today. Congratulations! Some really amazing accomplishments in your group–be proud!

I know i came up short of academic admit but I hope my time comes! Very nervous!

There should be full admits, and then they will start Blinn TEAB admits, if the pattern is like last year’s. They basically walked down the scores/rank listing, from what I could tell, but with a few exceptions. Just hang on a little longer!

@MomHopesNxtGenAg ugh academic admit here and still 3 tabs and waiting. I’ve been so good not looking and waiting for news on here. So disappointing.??