TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

OMG that’s exciting you guys. Hang in there @txkellygirl. You should have at least gotten your tabs since academic. You’re in the university so why haven’t the tabs been updated? Any other academics have that too? AM I missing something. It really is hard keeping up with all of you. lol I do try though.

We are all guilty of this, but we need to remember the old adage (something like this, anyway): Life is what happens while we are waiting for something else to happen. Every day is a gift, or as my bank teller said recently, that’s why they call it the “present”. Yes, it’s tough.

What I assume to be review admit, still waiting on those tabs ?

We are waiting

@AggieMomhelp I thought we would have 3 tabs as well but nope. That’s why I called the admission office but they confirmed he is academic admit waiting on engineering review. I was panicked he did something wrong. It’s beyond frustrating

This was @Thelmas2’s recap of last year’s engineering admissions:

"Last year, the only auto/academics who were offered Blinn Team were not great test scores for the Autos and the academic admits were right at the minimum at 1360/1370.

Blinn Academy was Feb 8 & 12 and Galveston was Feb 12 & 13. McAllen Academy ws Feb 12.

PSA was March 8 for all"

So I still have to believe that those who are in the academic admit pool with scores above, say, SAT-equivalent of 1360/1370 ( or ACT 29), give or take, and with demonstrated engineering potential (at least strong math scores/courses/etc), should be positioned to least get an offer to TEAB. Breathe in, breathe out. It is easier when it’s not your own student to believe that things will not have changed much from last year. It’s hard to just let go, but for right now, this still seems warranted.

3 tabs isnt anything to get excited over right, those are just the default ones, 6 means I got in?

@MomHopesNxtGenAg I think the problem for @Txkellygirl is that her son applied Oct 30 as an academic admit and by now, he should have been admitted to the university and just waiting on an admission to engineering decision.
While that has been the case for the majority of the posters here, even those that applied after TXKellygirl, I did come across some who applied who were auto/academic admits, who did not report admissions to the university prior to their admissions to the major.
Since I have not been keeping stats as we go, I am not sure if there are other academic/auto admits still waiting on university admission in addition to the major admissions.

the change to 6 tabs is that you are looking for @dddddddddddd

Does anyone know when engineering decisions will be released? Will we know by aggieland saturday sometime this week?

@sma1234 Decision release dates are never posted

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp @AggieDreamin Yeah I know but is there any idea to when full admissions or blinn engineering academies will be announced for review applicants? I applied by early october and still haven`t heard anything. This is so frustrating! UGHHH. Do you think I will get in? The wait is absolutely just killing me. Here are my stats once again. (sorry for the bug)
Q2 (34%)
3.75 GPA. 93.91/100.
1310 SAT (680 in math)

@sma1234 If you read past posts, you will find that I have posted the release dates for the past two year a couple of times. I have no idea when. A few days ago, I predicted the 5th and I was wrong. It was today that some auto/academic admits got decisions but not all of them.

It is not out of the ordinary for review applicants to get a decision in February or even March, regardless of when you applied.
Only class 2021 did they have engineering decision finished by the end of January. Prior years and last year was well into February. They should say that on the engineering admissions page about review admits mostly are deferred until the end, be it January or February

I’m beyond excited and was reduced to a puddle of tears this morning when my husband called a told me our son received FULL admission to CStat this morning! He was a top 8% auto admit back in September and the wait has been BRUTAL! SAT scores are probably what made it take longer to process 1250SAT with 640Math. DS does not know yet and we are waiting to tell him until either he gets the email or my husband gets home from a business trip Friday. He never checks HOWDY. He will be a 3rd Generation Aggie! We are so happy for him because TAMU is the only school he has applied to and the only option he ever explored. He has wanted to be an engineer and an Aggie since he was a little boy!
Thank you @Thelma2 and @AggieMomhelp for calming my nerves and all your helpful advice!
Thanks and Gig 'Em!!

@Txkellygirl and @Thelma2 . Thank you, now I understand. I apologize for my ignorantly speaking out of turn.

It will be a fine moment when your son hears good news, @Txkellygirl.

@MomHopesNxtGenAg Oh Nonsense, girl. You good. I am perplexed by academics not having been admitted to the Uni by now.

Congratulations @aggiemom96 =D>

@sma1234 my son’s stats from last year are very similar to yours and he was not granted admission to TAMU. However, he was granted admission to the engineering academy in Blinn Brenham. Where he is co-enrolled at both institutions. He should be full time in CS next fall. If you don’t get in, I highly recommend this option.

Thank you! I’m excited for everyone getting answers. Today is a day I am whatever will be will be…this could change back into inpatient crazy mom again at any moment lol…but for now I am just whatever. I’ll keep y’all posted when we hear something

Here is the link to information for the TAMU Engineering Academies. They are accepting applications now.

https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/academies/index.html

My son was also admitted last year to the Blinn-Brenham Engineering Academy. We advised him to apply there because he was on the bubble for main TAMU engineering admission last year. When he received his acceptance to the engineering at Galveston program, his dad and I sent him there as it was his preference. This happily also freed up a slot for another student in the Blinn-Brenham TAMU Engineering Academy, which filled to its maximum student capacity last year. The TAMU engineering academies at various two-year schools are TAMU co-enrollment programs, and @trinley has advocated for these based on his son’s actual experience this year. Take a quick look at the above link. Their admission cycles are still ongoing. Give yourself the option!