TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@AggieCorpMom2023 , oh cool!!! Yes, my daughter’s says Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-CS. Maybe it is like the 3 tabs changing to 6 tabs thing. How long ago did you notice the change?

Hopefully it is a good sign because my daughter shows the same thing.

@AggieCorpMom2023 I would say that Congratulations are in order!!

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE on your Engineering Admissions Decision =D> =D> =D>

@TXRunningMom It’s really hard not to get hopes up!! I checked it at 10am or so and it was still UN… then when I saw some activity on this thread I checked again and saw it had changed. Who knows what it means but it sure does feel positive ??

Hopefully it’s a good sign because my daughter’s says the same thing.

I remember the 6 tabs thing happened and it took a day or two before AIS changed. maybe that is the case?
I hope so!

@Thelma2 omg really !!! I am tearing up…I would love for my son to get to see that hard work really does pay off. Gotta stay cool until we know for sure though.

I don’t think I ever looked at the manage applications tab in Howdy so I don’t know whether my major changed or not but it doesn’t say UNEN now. Trying not to be excited. but its hard. I have worked my whole life to make sure I was able to go to A&M.

@AggieCorpMom2023

When the major changes like it did today and the decisions come out, it usually means “You’re In”! But l get it being guarded until you see that “WHOOP”! You’ve Been Admitted.

In AIS, Next Steps, does it allow you to accept the offer?

@Thelma2 it says "“Whoop you have been Admitted!” ?? That’s good right??? But I think it has said “you are admitted” since 9/20 when he was accepted by TAMU and in engineering review.

Mine has said Whoop you have been admitted since 9/20 as well. But I don’t know whether the major changed.
AIS hasn’t changed at all yet. Still not options to accept on AIS.

However, on Howdy, under Manage Applications, where it says my major in ENGE-MS, it does have an accept offer button. Maybe it takes AIS a day or two to update?

@Thelma2 ohhh and no letter yet or new Next Steps. And I only see the major change in the Manage Application route through Howdy but I don’t see the major change in AIS (does that make sense?). When I hit Next Steps it just takes me back to the spot where it still says he was admitted to the university yet under engineering review and will hear in December?

@AggieCorpMom2023 and @brl2000

ARG! My bad! I wasn’t thinking about the university admissions decision. The accept admissions button would be for university and nothing to do with Engineering. Fudge.

But yes, it sounds like your have been admitted to General Engineering and yes, AIS does take a day or two to catch up.

Still, I think it is great news coming. It’s been a long day already so I am going to go make dinner, have a glass of Vino and go look at last years threads to recall exactly what the decisions said.

I’ll come back here refreshed and clearer minded. I got all excited with y’all!

When the admissions started rolling out around 9/20 it took two days between when he had 6 tabs and when AIS changed…yet the accepted letter was back dated. He is at the end of the alphabet (if that matters??). Gonna just sit tight for a couple days before we start celebration mode or more waiting mode.

Does anyone not show ENGE as the major under Manage Application?

@Thelma2 thank you for your attention and care of all of us Class of 2023 students and parents. :slight_smile: Either way, I know my son will be in good hands in Aggieland!

Just to let you know…never went to “manage applications” in Howdy so can’t say what it looked like before today. But AIS definitely changed today with “next steps” being “sign up for NSC” or “decline offer”. Best wishes to everyone! This has been like an eight year wait!!

No change on AIS for us. Manage Applications says Major: ENGE and Program: BAC-ENGE-ME, but I don’t know what it said before today.

My daughter’s AIS page now says Major: General Engineering (Computer Science) with tabs for NSC or Decline offer!! WHOOP!!

WHOOP! AIS updated. My daughter is in :).