TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@JhaveyJ Please go read the links I posted in post #770 as well as read this whole thread. Everything you ask is in those threads. It is daunting to repeat the same information for every new poster.

With Blinn Engineering Academy, you transition after freshman year if you complete the core engineering requirements. This process is called Apply To A Major or ETAM. You must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 at Rellis, the campus where you will take your math and sciences and a 3.5 at A&M, where you will take the two engineering classes and up to two University Core Curriculum classes. These minimums will not get you into the major of your choice. They are just the minimum to apply. To be guaranteed your first choice major, you must have a 3.5 at Rellis and A&M.
All of this I just typed is in the threads and links I provided in post #770 as well as how the ETAM process works, complete with what GPA’s got into which majors.

Please read the information given to you and then feel free to ask specific questions you have. Since you chose Blinn Engineering Academy, all the information about it is in post #770

@Txpharmguy0330 There is a link to Blinn Engr Academy in post #770. It has a tab that talks about assuring your admissions.
Once you select the admissions decision from A&M, everything must be sent to Blinn and then you will get your tabs/acceptance.

@learner234 decision releases come only once but it can take time for AIS to update for different folks. Have no idea why.

Hi~ once a student accepts TEAB (offered this morning and accepted consideration) what is the average wait time for acceptance?

Does Dual-Enrollment with Blinn-Bryan allow you to stay on a College-Station Engineering dorm since I’ll be attending College Station for my ChemE coarses?

@Thelma2 I still haven’t gotten a decision on my Howdy and AIS Portal. I applied before the October 15 Deadline. Should I be concerned?

Just spoke with an Official at A&M Blinn. Yes, you do get the full College Station life along with the dorms. Very happy ???.

@JhaveyJ getting into a dorm is tough, and I wouldn’t bank on getting into an Engineering dorm. You need to pay $75 non-refundable housing deposit ASAP! Your assigned dorm selection time is determined by the time stamp on when housing deposit was made. Since it is February, you will be pretty far down the list, so you need to have many dorms options in mind, when selecting in May.

@52AG82

AHHH WHAT! I thought it was relevant to when you were accepted. Where do I do this!!

@JhaveyJ it all depends on when you pay your housing deposit, and you can’t pay deposit until you are fully accepted. So the kids who were admitted & paid deposit in September-October, will obviously have a better dorm selection time. Not everyone pays housing deposit until they’ve fully decided on enrolling.
My daughter did it all, so I can’t help you on the Howdy tab portal stuff-sorry. I do know she had to send me an email link, I had to sign digitally, return to TAMU, then she was sent a link that allowed her to pay deposit. Process took about 20 minutes.
There isn’t enough housing for all students.

@52AG82

Whenever I click the link for the Housing Application, the page times out. Tried this multiple devices. Is it because My Application Status says “being considered for Blinn-Bryan acedemy”? Should I be panicking over time ??

@JhaveyJ unless you have been fully accepted as a student, you won’t be allowed to pay housing deposit. You might want to consider apartment options, as well as dorm. My daughter will be a freshman, so I’m just going on what I’ve been told from prior years. With record applications submitted, I feel certain on campus housing will be full, but I don’t know when they fill up-that’s a question for someone else.

@tiredmomma It took 24-48 hours for my son to get fully admitted. It happens pretty quick once you chose.

@JhaveyJ I don’t think you can apply for housing until you are fully accepted. It happens pretty quick and then you can do everything that a fully admitted student can do (sign up for NSC, housing, etc). As Thelma2 said in a post to me, AIS will have a checklist of things that your son/daughter needs to do. Also, I was told priority was given from the time accepted. My son accepted and we applied for housing within about 48 hours and it said that we were guaranteed permanent housing. Of course you still have to apply for LLC (eng dorms) and don’t hear back on that until April.

@52AG82

Does A&M allow apartment living during your freshmen year? If so, do you know if they get filled quickly?

@Thelma2

Hi Thelma, do you know when I’ll hear back from Blinn-Bryan after choosing their option?

@DaveBuster I have no idea what your stats are to know if you should be worried.

Also, if you have been keeping up with the forum and reading all of the posts, you would be aware that there are several types of decisions that have not been released yet.

There are academic admits still waiting on decisions and we have not seen Blinn Engineering Academy Only, McAllen Engineering Academy only or Galveston only decisions.

As has been mentioned before, it is not uncommon for engineerin decisions to go well into February, regardless of the Early Decision deadline that is on the website. Review Admits to engineering are almost always deferred until January and after.

Congrats to ALL of the students of the TAMU class of 23 who were admitted to any of the Engineering Parhways today!
My daughter is at CS and just checked out of the overnight Corps presentation…, I can’t wait to hear all about it when she comes home!!!
So sad she can’t stay for Aggieland Sat but I think she got a good taste of what her life might be!!
Please keep my husband and daughter in your prayers as they fly home this evening!!!

@JhaveyJ you can definitely live in a house or apartment! TAMU doesn’t care where you live, and there definitely isn’t enough campus housing for all students.
If you live on campus, you’re required to purchase a meal plan. I highly recommend taking a dorm tour on campus.
Many of my daughters incoming freshman friends will be living off campus. While there does seem to be an abundance of apartments, condos and homes for rent, many have filled up already.

@miaggie1

Thank you! I accepted the option around 11:00 so I’m assuming a response should arrive tomorrow afternoon.

@52AG82 @JhaveyJ

Hang on just a minute and let me clear up a few misconceptions. Just because decisions are coming out now does not mean dorm housing will be difficult. Historically, review admits are admitted in February. The key is applying for housing within 30 days of the admissions decision. But yes, you will be lower on the time stamp that the others who applied for housing within 30 days. However, it may also be how many days past the admissions decision. I have seen people accepted in September and applied to housing on the 21st day have an assigned time later than someone accepted in December who applied the day of decision.

Every applicant needs to make a list prior to dorm selection, of every dorm in order of preference, so that when their selection window opens and the first dorm isn’t available, you can immediately move to second choice etc. Because if you wait to make a plan during your assigned time, the rooms will be snapped up while you are figuring things out.

Where applicants get crummy assignments is that they didn’t apply for housing within 30 days of their admissions decision. A person applying within 30 days of receiving a decision in February will be places ahead of someone accepted in September who didn’t.

JHaveyJ as the links I sent you will tell you this. By accepting your admissions offer with Texas A&M, your application information will be sent to Blinn. Once that is finalized, within a day or two, you will be able to apply for housing. But you So, you are good. Just take care of it sooner rather than later. The engineering LLC may be something you want to consider and live among other engineering students. I can’t attach a link right now so Google for LLC Engineering TAMU.
http://www.blinn.edu/engineering-academy-bryan/enrollment-guidelines.html

@tiredmama just a few days. Check out the link ^^^

@52AG82

Alright, thank you! I’ll have to look into that.