TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

*How long

@JhaveyJ it could take a couple of weeks. Depends on how many they are sending out.

@AggieMomhelp All the academy students are co-enrolled just as the academy Bryan students are except the only take the engineering class from TAMU while the Bryan students can take an additional class. They have access to the main campus, have TAMU IDs, and sport passes if they want them. They can even go to Fish Camp. My son stood with all his fellow freshman this football season, including that 7 OT win against LSU while I got to rest my fat rear on the old army side. This is the primary reason I am a big fan of and grateful for the academies.

That’s really cool. I just haven’t talked to anyone that did Brenham academy. So do they go 2 years or one and then follow the same process for ETAM?

@AggieMomhelp they follow the same ETAM process as the full time admits and TEAB. They can stay for up to 2 years but can go through ETAM their first year. My son applies this April along with everyone else. Once accepted to his major, he has a choice to stay for another year or transition to CS. The only stipulation to transitioning after only 2 semesters is that you must complete the calculus sequence for your major at Blinn prior to transitioning to CS. Almost all majors require calculus 3. Engineering technology, industrial Distribution and computer science only require calculus 2. So for those that do not get an offer to TAMU but want to be Aggies, this is a great way to do it. It is TAMU’s primary way of getting more qualified engineering students and because you participate in ETAM, you are placed ahead of the PSA students and other transfers.

My son’s physics teacher also teaches at the Bryan campus. He drives to Brenham to teach.

@trinley can blinn Brenham students live in the college station dorms?

@sma123 Check out the link that I have previously posted. After reading the information about the acedmies I will answer your questions. Sorry to sound rude but show some initiative. You won’t be spoon fed in college. Especially engineering.

1 Like

@trinley thank you again for all the wealth of information! This has been a confusing process to say the least! My husband went into the Navy Nuke program out of high school and did college while stationed in NY at a reactor, and I went to junior college and then to a 4 year college and beyond without ever living on a campus. Our oldest also started with junior college so this is all new for us and these non-traditional paths added additional confusion. It’s so nice to have some experienced parents to lean on. So thank you to all of you that have spent time answering my questions and others which probably started to feel redundant!

@sma123 you cannot live on campus while going to Brenham. This isn’t an offer to tamu but a partnered agreement and applied to separately. Yes you’re an Aggie (insert Whoop) but Brenham is an hour away. You won’t be taking any classes on main tamu campus but will get the same great education that first year!!

Oh I get it now. Thanks @AggieMomhelp

My daughter received the three engineering academy options on Friday and accepted the TEAB option. AIS says that her application is under review at Blinn-Bryan. She got six tabs this morning and hoping to have the official offer tomorrow.

Her stats:

• Engineering
  • Review admit
  • SAT 1420 (780 Math, 640 English)
  • 4.2/5.0 GPA, 23% Class Rank (1Q)
  • Lots of volunteer work (500+ hours) and 3 year dance team member and officer.

My wife and I are super excited as this is our 3rd and final child to get into TAMU Engineering. All three will be together next Fall with one senior, one sophomore, and one freshman.

@threesacharm congrats! That’s so exciting. If you have tabs go ahead and sign up for housing and NSC. And might wanna get another job… 3 in college. Omg I barely handled 2!!!

Sorry, I misquoted her SAT score. Actually 1420 (780 Math, 640 English) - She needed 650 English to academic admit.

@ThreesACharm
Your daughter has impressive grades and SAT score!!! Wow!!! Job well done. Quick question/ why is she a review admit?
I guess because she wasn’t top 10%? Is she at a public or private school…
I’m speechless that with that GPA she wasn’t top 10%???
Or does she attend a non ranking school?
Either way…her SAT score alone should have gotten her academic admit! Come on 10 measly points.
(We will eventually have 3 in college at the same time too! $$!$$)
Once again/ Congratulations and no doubt she will do great

I have been following this page for a few months and appreciate the wealth of information! My son also received the three engineering academy options on Friday and accepted the TEAB option. AIS says that his application is under review at Blinn-Bryan. He got six tabs this morning. Do I have to wait for the official offer of admission to register for housing and NSC?

Here are his stats for reference:

*Applied July 7
*Engineering
*Review Admit
*Class rank 80/726 (11%), 100.14 GPA (not sure how they convert)
*Several AP classes including Calculus and Physics
*SAT - 1360 (730 Math, 630 English)

Just missed auto admit by 1% in class tank and Academic admit by 20 points on English section of SAT. We are very happy he got offered TEAB!

Thanks again for sharing your experiences!

She goes to Cinco Ranch High School public high school in Katy, TX. A 4.0 is barely in top 25% here - lots of high achieving students. She is ranked 174/754.

What are the pros and cons of blinn team and galveston?

@thuc12345 congrats if you were offered these options.

Not to be blunt, but it’s gojng to sound it when I suggest going through this whole thread starting back in mid January. Lots of great info given by @thelma2 and parents or students who have experience with these options and or are living this choice with you. Happy reading!!!

@AggieMomhelp Is getting blinn or galveston a 50/50 chance or do you get one if you have better stats?