TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

So my son applied in October and he is still in review for engineering. At this point, should we just assume he isn’t getting in?

@“frantic mom” I recall a lot of people reporting alternative admission offers for TAMU engineering last year, including this week. Maybe this year is different. Have you considered the Blinn-Brenham TAMU Engineering Academy or any of the other and non-residential Academies around the state? You could sit down this evening and start the easy and free application. It’s a very solid backup plan. If you have info on ApplyTexas, it would go right into the Blinn application, for example. Please see below for directions. Call them tomorrow and ask for more info (after filling out the application :slight_smile: )

https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/academies/blinn-brenham/securing-your-admission.html

Pretty sure no 2Q applicants are going to get offered… :confused:

My daughter got her Aggie banner yesterday! So yes TEAB gets the banner.

@franticmom We are the same, applied oct. still in review and Tamu put him in 1st Quarter.
Nothing and waiting! :-SS

Still havent heard anything but noticed a lot of activity on the other forum. Are TEAB offers starting to come out yet? Its tough being a review applicant in review.

I just called admissions and said all engineering decisions should be out by the end of this week. Don`t know if this is true but I hope it is. :confused:

I was offered 3 pathways this morning and selected the Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan (TEAB), wondering if anyone else got it today? Mine was at around 9:15 am

Has anyone in 2Q received anything?

I am expecting offers to Engineering at Galveston will still be forthcoming because of the capacity of that program. My son’s roommate at TAMUG this year was 2Q and very high scoring. Let’s not lose perspective here. As we know, if a student is in a very big high school and/or a school with a lot of high achieving students, it is easy to be in the second quarter of the class–and it’s OK!! Keep moving forward!!

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp Should I be worried that people at my school have gotten blinn team and I still havent gotten a decision for blinn engineering academy? I have already gotten capped at UT and my only hope is this school still waiting to get accepted and UH to which I already got admitted but dont want to go. Why is engineering review taking so long?

@sma1234 It’s really hard to say what’s what right now. Some have said more full admits are coming out plus TEAM/TEAB so I’m hoping that is true. I haven’t heard of any gateway programs yet though.

@MomHopesNxtGenAg @aggiemomhelp
He was 1st quarter and being considered for Galveston engineering now. Information please about experiences there!

@angsmi Please see
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2123914-class-of-2023-tamu-engineering-at-galveston.html#latest

We will answer questions there.

Galveston is full admission to TAMU and is a couple semester overflow program there.

Please also see my Post #438 on this thread about my son’s experience in Engineering at Galveston this year.

I was offered 3 pathways this morning, maybe yesterday, I didn’t check, I choose TEAB, SAT: 1230 and my rank was (160/759) (21%). Can’t wait to be an aggie

@Thelma2
Son offered three pathways this morning
GPA 101
Rank 1Q
SAT 1250
He applied by the October 15 deadline
Question: if he accepted TEAB is the decision binding?
Thanks for any information you may have

@AggieMomhelp @Thelma2 Offered pathways this morning

Rank(2Q)
SAT: 1400

Accepted Blinn academy

Do you guys know where I can find any information on how the logistics of Blinn work? As in transport from RELLIS to cstat?

Also, can academy students stay at dorms such as White Creek apartments?

@ all that received pathways… CONGRATS and WHOOP!

@learner234 praise Jesus… = ) Go to tamu transportation site or google rellis transportation from tamu campus. It’ll direct you. I could post the link, but what fun is that? Congrats again. I’m really happy for you. Now go do good things!!!