TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Yay!!! Congrats @TXRunningMom !!! I just checked and my son has the NSC tab too !! He is in!!!

And @TxMinnie y’all too !! And all the others that find out today !! Awesome news for a Friday !!

Yes, my son is in as well! The AIS page updated this morning. Congrats to all!

Congratulations everyone! Son’s AIS updated over night! He’s in!

Looks like my AIS now says I am admitted to engineering!!! Whoop!

Son’s AIS updated as well. He’s in. Now on to the coordination of NSC/Fish Camp/etc. Any pointers @Thelma2? Earlier NSC the better?

Do you have to accept admission in order to sign up for NSC? We are still waiting to hear back from 3 more schools.

Last year it was helpful for my son to see past folks stats so that he could gage his goals and dreams his junior year. For future folks in this position, here are my sons stats…great rank, lots of hard work and leadership roles but his SAT was just ehhhhhhh…however, he did apply 7/1 and I think leadership roles and being an early bird helped his chances of being admitted in this first wave.

Responding for my son:

When did you apply:July 1
When did you get your UIN:July 5
When did you receive your admission decision:9/20
Admission to College of Engineering: 10/12
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto
Major/College of Choice: COE-Civil
Class Rank:9/480 (top 2%)
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1310 (math 710)
ACT (with Sub Scores) NA

Captain of varsity swim, lots of EC’s and appointed leadership roles, and works 10-15 hours a week.

@Thelma2
Thank you…you are like the den mother who lead us through the process…cheers to you!

My son just told me that he got accepted to the College of Engineering. Yeah! here are his stats for reference.

When did you apply:July 18
Major/College of Choice: Electrical Engineering
Class Rank:25/684 (top 4%)
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1590 (math 800)
National Merit Semifinalist and National Hispanic Scholar
Leadership roles in Robotics team, rocket team, NHS, NHTS, Mu Alpha Theta (math honor society), and volunteer work.

My daughter just got her acceptance to Engineering as well (preferred major Chemical Engineering). She is very happy because we didn’t think she’d find out until December! Congrats to everyone who has been accepted already as well!! Now she will have a decision to make…

Stats:
When did you apply:July 25
Major/College of Choice: Chemical Engineering
Class Rank: 1/147
ACT 35

Varsity cheer (captain), NHS Vice President, President SkillsUSA Executive Council, President SkillsUSA AV Chapter, state Champion SkillsUSA Quiz Bowl, UIL Academic team member and coach (district champ), 3 time science student of the year at her school, and volunteers a lot at a local animal shelter.

Does anyone know if you can register for MSC without actually “accepting” the admissions?

Congrats to everyone! So glad we didn’t have to wait till December! And I’d like to echo the thanks to @Thelma2 , @AggieMomhelp , @AggieMomAgain , @trinley
, @MomHopesNxtGenAg and all the others for their help through the process.

When did you apply: Aug 12
When did you get your UIN: Aug 14
When did you receive your admission decision:9/20
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Auto and Academic
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical
Class Rank: top 10%
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1340 (math 700)
ACT (with Sub Scores) 30 (math 28)
Good ECs, decent volunteer hours, NHS

@TXRunningMom
Scheduling NSC IS accepting your admissions offer.

@bemart14
All,
When scheduling your NSC, all majors are not offered on every date. Choose a date where the ENGR major is offered. Hybrid NSC are fine too. It just means that Freshman AND Transfer students are held that time although separately.

Which date you choose is up to your schedule. Sections for classes are opened for each session.
My son did a hybrid session June 30/July 1 and it was great.

The one thing I recommend is you MUST do Pre Conference day. Tons of photo opportunities, try on an Aggie ring pick up ID/Sports pass etc.

Parking Lot permits go on sale around The end of the first week in April. If you’re taking a car for on campus, apply for it that week.

Keep a lookout for when sport passes go on sale. They sell out too.

I assume by registering for NSC, that also includes the MPE. Just wanting to make sure we don’t have to register separately for the MPE? @Thelma2 , please explain pre-conference days? Is that fish camp, howdy camp, or something else?

So my son was also a 9/20 acceptance but nothing in AIS yet… are the rest of you earlier in the alphabet??? :slight_smile:

When did you apply: 9/24
When did you get your UIN: 9/26
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 10/12
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Industrial Engineering
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: Waiting
Class Rank: 4/537
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 34 ACT (32 math subscore)

[QUOTE=""]

I’m also a National Hispanic Scholar

[/QUOTE]

@92agfirst Do you mean earlier in our last names? If so, no. My last name starts with a Z.

@92agfirst our last name starts with a C…

Hurray got in to Engineering today! Here are all the stats and information(for any current or future applicants. This site and members have helped me a lot in terms of stats and hope mine helps someone else.)

When did you apply: 08/07
When did you get your UIN: 08/13
Freshman admit: 9/20
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 10/12
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: CS
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: Waiting
Class Rank: Top 5% of 800
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1410, 750 Math

Extras:
No strong ECs. Just choir for all 4 years and some ordinary clubs. Community Service hours of 200 or so at a local church.

AP scores of 3 or above (till now). Will have total of 11 AP classes by end of senior year including Calc BC

@CamandCam

Pre conference day you don’t register for. It’s just the day before your scheduled conference that they have all kinds of things going on at the Alumni Center. Lots of photo opportunities and all things Aggies. Many go ahead and pick up ID and sport pass. So if your NSC is Sat & Sun, get there by 230ish on Friday for the fun.

The Math Placement Test is taken during MSC. DO the online practice. Many (like near half) didn’t pass it last summer because it goes way back to math they haven’t had in a long time.

Fish camp is awesome does fill up but not over night. I haven’t kept up with how fast though or when it opens.