TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@tisulli @MomHopesNxtGenAg Thanks! Best of luck to you!

@LCP9876, your son will get great merit money and instate tuition at Texas Tech and off campus housing is cheaper than TAMU.

if I accept the offer for Blinn TEAM and then later decide to retract my acceptance before May 1st, can I do that? is there a consequence?

@ham01 if you make a housing deposit you will lose that.

@ham01 you will also lose $225 NSC money, assuming you sign up for NSC.

@ham01 just curios… would you change to a different university? Or CC?

@AggieMomhelp we are still deciding between UTD and TEAM, we haven’t made the commit yet, since the last final date is May 1st, was curious if pushing the commit closer to May 1st will have any negative impact

Oh gotcha @ham01 great options! Love UTD

So, he has a better opportunity to get over to Cstat from Blinn Engineering Academy in Fall of 2020? He was offered TAMUG.

SAME opportunity for academy and Galveston students. Even CS freshman have to apply for ETAM. Be prepared for him to love Galveston though.

@AggieMomhelp is your son in the Brenham Academy now? So, cstat chooses participants of the Bryan, Galveston, and McAllen locations? However, the Blinn-Brenham Academy buses the kids into class at cstat for their engineering classes because they are “co-enrolled” even if they applied diractly to the Blinn Brenham Academy? Still an Aggie and you applied Blinn Brenham academy?

If at Brenham, professors from engineering come to Brenham. They have access to main campus and events, but not the classes.

When do acceptance notifications for the engineering honors programs get sent out?

@angsmi it is my son who is at Brenham. All classes are taught on the Brenham main campus. The Engineering Academy website has a wealth of information. Look it over and let me know if you have any questions. We are pretty pleased with the program so far.

@trinley thank you so much! He applied yesterday. I emailed Ashley and there are still spots so we will see. I just want him to have all options to choose from. Do you know if there will be an issue since he has already been accepted into the Engineering in Galveston via cstat. We are not opposed to Galveston but I didn’t know he could apply directly to Brenham. We will see!

@angsmi I can’t imagine there would be an issue. You will find Ashley very helpful and responsive. She knows her stuff! After Blinn accepts you you will be given access to a web portal to apply to TAMU Engineering. It takes a few weeks to hear back. There are pros and cons for each. Not much going on in Brenham fro a college student. The new dorm is nice but the engineering students do stand out from the crowd on the campus. Many people at the Brenham campus are working on a 2 year degree. The Bryan Campus is different as many of those students are trying to et in to A&M. Was your son offered Engineering Academy in Bryan as well as Galveston?

I put together a list for Out of State tuition waivers for all majors for 2017 and 2018.

Fall 2017, 145 tuition waivers were obtained out of 421 oos students.
90 of those 145 went to engineering majors
12 went to Agriculture and Life Sciences
11 went to Science majors
8 went to Mays School of Business majors
8 went to Liberal Arts majors
5 went to Veterinary College BIMS majors
5 went to Geo-science majors
3 went to Geo-Science majors
3 went to General Studies majors
1 went to Architecture major
1 went to Education and Human Development major
1 went to Public Health major

Fall 2018, 166 tuition waivers were obtained out of 466 oos students.
109 of those went to engineering majors
18 went to Liberal Arts majors
11 went to Mays School of Business majors
7 went to Agriculture and Life Sciences
7 went to Veterinary College BIMS majors
5 went to Science majors
3 went to General Studies majors
2 went to Architecture majors
1 went to Education and Human Development major
0 went to Public Health major

No, it just looks like Galveston. He would have jumped on Bryan which is why we are looking into Brenham.

Those OOS waivers for engineering are a bit of an eye opener. It is not like Texas is short of smart applicants to engineering, that number has to be skewed by NMFs. Can you cross compare NMFS in that cohort? Does TAMU really need that carrot? Better publics really don’t need to.
I found a stat for 162 national scholars for 2015. I bet there are way more OOS than instate, as I would expect the instate NMF kids to go to UT.

UT Austin doesn’t have a financial package like A&M does with regards to NMF.