TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Received an email from TAMU
About success rate of engineering academies in gaining acceptance to the COE
“Overal 64% of all engineering academy students are successful in gaining acceptance/ (entry to a major) in the COE”

Specially, Ashley Hermes quoted me 50% of first year TEAB students gain entry to COE after one year.

I believe the TAMU engineering retention rate is around 55%

Does that figure exclude drop outs? I would suspect the early weed outs won’t be counted if they drop out before they apply to their major.

@maw1970 my son is at the Brenham Academy. You can find lots of information here if interested. Happy to answer any questions about our experience. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2062343-engineering-academies-p1.html

@Thelma2 I’ve been accepted to engineering and am considering applying to engineer honors. However, I have just finished my CBSE( Central Board of Secondary Education, India) exams recently and results would come out early May. Should I apply to honors immediately or wait for my class 12 results to come out. I’m pretty positive that including those results would only enhance my application. In a nutshell, does time of application to honors have any role in determining how hard it is to get in?

Thanks.

Engineering honors is now ( I assume) full as they are  wait listing applicants, but apply now IMO and update as you get your A level results. It seems like top 10% of eng students get into eng honors. You have strong math scores so it is still worth a shot to get on the wait list.
 The eng honors offers are to the students most likely to have strong offers elsewhere, May 1 will be here soon enough. 

Thank you so much! I’ll apply ASAP.

Extremely late on this but since I just decided to accept my admission

When did you apply: Oct 9th
When did you get your UIN: Oct 11th
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: Dec 20th
Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Biomedical Engineering
Did you get in: Yes, with a minor scholarship
Honors program: Did not apply
Class Rank: 136/800, top 17% with a GPA of 105
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1410 (720 math), 30 (30 math)

Hey I had a few questions about this admissions process on howdy. So I just recently signed up for my tamug nsc and on the tasks to consider in my ais it shows that you have to activate your texas a&m email address so how do you do that? I know this is going to sound dumb but is it basically your current email address ----@gmail.com? Also how do you know you are TSI exempt i think Im exempt becasue I basically met all the requirements including SAT but it doesnt really indicate that I am and it shows a red x?

@sma1234
I found this online https://engineering.tamu.edu/admissions-and-aid/engineering-at-galveston/general-information.html for setting up your email

Give it a few business days for the AIS to catch up after signing up for NSC. You should receive by email or snail mail, in advance of your NSC, a NewAggie to do list. Here is what I found online for TAMUG NSC http://www.tamug.edu/nsc/ Look under Pre-Conference Requirements. Everything about TSI is all there

@Thelma2 Thank you! I was finally able to activate my email today after doing the same exact thing yesterday strange! Yeah guess I`ll wait several for the AIS to catch up before calling about tsi exmpetions.

Does anyone know if the departmental (Engineering specifically) scholarships have been given out yet?

@1stCollBound no idea about Engineering, but Business Scholarships went out months ago. I’m sure every dept is different, and I’ve also heard some scholarships can show up a few weeks after school starts.

Just an update… he decided on going to the local A&M Academy and is loving it! The program is so much smaller; he’s been able to get a lot of individual attention and form a good group of peers. And the savings is amazing! The Academies are a great slow transition to college level academics and “adulting.”