TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@92agfirst our last name begins with C

For my son:
When did you apply: 09/12
When did you get your UIN: 09/14
Freshman admit: 9/20
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 10/12
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering (ME)
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: Not applied yet
Class Rank: Homeschooled (1/1 :wink: )
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): ACT 34, 31 Math

@Thelma2 , when does Fish Camp registration usually open?

When did you apply: july 2
When did you get your UIN: a day or 2 later
University Acceptance: 9/21
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision:10/12
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit? Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mech ENGR
Honors program: Waiting
Class Rank: Top 11%
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1430 (770)

@CamandCam around late May for Fish Camp Registration. Here is the info from last camp to look at https://fishcamp.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/NEW-updated-Fish-Packet.pdf

Here is more on Fish Camp https://fishcamp.tamu.edu/

If your student will be in the corps register for an earlier NSC, the reason being if they have a specific unit they want to be in they only hold so many slots for each unit. Unlike class registration they do not hold a certain number of spots for each NSC in the corps units. At least they didn’t last year! If in the corps for sure go to day 0 of your NSC, you can get a lot of things done that day which will free up time the rest of your NSC. Go put a deposit down on boots if you want Holick’s boots, they are completely custom and they only make 200 pair or so per class. Congrats all!

@Thelma2 , thanks again for the info.

When did you apply: 8/19
When did you get your UIN: 8/26
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 10/19
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Civil Engineering
Honors program: Planning on applying
Class Rank: Top 14%
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): ACT 31 (35 math, 32 English)

10 APs (Including Calc BC and Physics 1)

ECs: Club swimmer since I was 7
Made club state team ever since I was 8
4-year high school varsity letterman in swimming
4-year state qualifier high school swimming
1-year High School Swim Captain
NHS
Beta Club
Engineering Club
Chairman of school Republican club
Board member of my county-wide Republican club (largest Teenage Chapter in Georgia)

Responding with my daughter’s info:
When did you apply: 10/05/18
When did you get your UIN: 10/08/18
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 10/19/18
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Auto-admit (10/13/18)
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Did you get in:Yes
Honors program:
Class Rank: 14%
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 32 (33 Math, 35 English, 29 Science) / SAT 1420

My daughter received an email this morning encouraging her to apply for the Brockman Scholarship. We had been hopeful for a Brown Scholarship invitation. Has anyone else received an email like this? There is a lot of extra stuff to do to apply for this Brockman and the deadline is Sunday at 5 pm. If she applies for the Brockman, will it knock her out of a Brown Scholarship invitation?

@TXRunningMom does TAMU send email about this to possible candidates or should we apply on our own? Thanks. Was not aware of merit based Scholarship at tamu:(

@embreechristmas, the Brockman is a separate application and it is LENGTHY in my opinion. I guess the application can be found somewhere on line to fill out. I believe it requires a 32 ACT or above. It is also for STEM majors with a Masters is Business (5 year scholarship). My daughter was sent an email from the TAMU Scholarship office about it.

One key requirement of the Brown scholarship is that the student has to be National Merit Semifinalist. @TXRunningMom, if that your case, I’d think you might have been contacted. The deadline for that scholarship is later though.

@bemart14 , yes, she is a National Merit Semifinalist so that is why we were thinking along the lines of the Brown scholarship…

@TXRunningMom If the Brockman program is of interest to your daughter, encourage her to apply. We were told last year it does not affect eligibility for the Brown scholarship. They are both fantastic opportunities!

Edit: Here’s the Brockman website: https://brockmanfoundation.org/scholarship-programme/

Thanks @TXRunningMom . My SAT score is close to the cut off, not sure if I should even go through the application due to time crunch now and also thinking many more applicants will have way better scores than me. If I have not been contacted, guessing my stats may not be sufficient.

@Embeechristmas If you meet the criteria to apply, why not give it a try? It’s a huge scholarship, and many people won’t apply because of the extra work involved. They will select around 50 kids, and you never know who they will pick! See my post #114 for a link to their website.

I am new to the site and responding with my son’s information:

He also received an email today about the Brockman Scholarship. However, he has not gotten an official acceptance to the University or the Engineering College??? Still waiting…

He is an OOS student from AL
When did you apply: 10/14
When did you get your UIN: 10/17
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: In Review (portal just went to 6 tabs today)
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?:
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Did you get in: Today we have 6 tabs???
Honors program: Planning on applying
Class Rank: 4/278
ACT: 33 (34 super score, doesn’t apply to A&M)

Currently taking Calculus BC and Physics C (two other AP’s with 5’s on both

ECs:
Varsity Cross Country
Varsity Track
Varsity Soccer
NHS
Key Club
Mu Alpha Theta
Food Pantry
Church Childcare worker

Thanks to all who have posted for the wealth of information! Our son is the oldest so this is all new to us!

Actually I overlooked the email and it was in my inbox! Will check and see if I can finish. Thanks @TXRunningMom . If not for your post, I would have missed it!

@chercheur yes will try to apply. Thanks.

Many major tests for AP classes in school this week…

When did you apply: 10/1
When did you get your UIN: 10/3
When did you receive your admission decision: Waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: College of Engineering
Class Rank: 54/310
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1250 R/W 610, M 640
ACT (with Sub Scores) 29- 33 Science/Reading, 26 Math, 24 English (Taking again 10/26)

NHS Officer, Student Council member, 2 years varsity, Job for 2 years (At Chick-Fil-A, after 10 months I was promoted), Community projects with our school’s engineering program, 80 service hours.