TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Just an update on my son’s status…

He checked the portal last night and he was accepted into the University, however is under engineering review now. From what I can gather from this forum, a response from the engineering department may take awhile. Like many of the others, he is praying for an acceptance to the engineering school. He will apply for the Brockman Scholarship and we will hold our breath. If that does not work out, we are hopeful to get at least the $4000 in scholarship to waive OOS tuition. Which I understand is very competitive and difficult as well. Without that, he will likely not be able to attend. He has several very good options, however A&M is his dream school!

If anyone has any suggestions concerning additional scholarships that would qualify for the $4000, we are all ears! Again, this is my first child to go through this process and things are so different from when my husband & I went to college. Thanks!

Here is some good info on the MPE and practice tests

https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/math-placement.html

@Thelma2 Thank you for the MPE link. Very helpful info!

If I read correctly, the first wave of engineering admissions/acceptances went out around Oct 11-12. Any guess as to when another round might go out? Hopefully folks will post if they receive one!

My daughter received her engineering acceptance today.

When did you apply: 10/3
When did you get your UIN:
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 10/26
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?:
Major/College of Choice: aero
Did you get in: yes
Honors program: haven’t heard
Class Rank: doesn’t rank
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 35 (32 math)

Congratulations! How exciting!

If your student is a first generation college student and in engineering, you might find this link helpful

https://engineering.tamu.edu/student-life/fgen/index.html

@Poppy5 Congratulations. Yours is the first admissions I have seen today for the engineering major.

Was this your admissions to the university AND engineering? I am in a fb group with university admits but waiting on their engineering admissions, many auto and academic admits, and none have mentioned receiving a decision today. Major decisons are released in chunks vs university decisions are released almost daily for auto admits and academic admits as their applications are processed.

Not inferring your decision isn’t legit, just asking for clarification.

My son applied to college of engineering. Class rank 68/603, SAT score 1280 so he is review admit. Pre AP calculus, physics, drum line section leader, many EC’s, NHS. What are chances of acceptance?

@thelma2 She received the university admission on 10/18 and the engineering decision on 10/26.

@Poppy5 Congratulations to your daughter!

@Thelma2 Have you heard of any other engineering acceptances from last week? I know you mentioned your Facebook group… Just curious. Thanks!

@Poppy5 are you OOS?

@1stCollBound No one mentioned an admissions to engineering since the last release date of Oct 12. No others on CC either.

My son received his engineering acceptance last week.

When did you apply: 10/14
When did you get your UIN: 10/16
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 10/26
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Auto 10/18 (in-state)
Major/College of Choice: College of Engineering - Computer Science
Did you get in: yes
Honors program: still to do
Class Rank: 5/531
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): ACT 35 (36 Science, 35 Math, 35 Reading, 32 Eng/ 1490 SAT

My husband and I are both class of '93 TAMU graduates- Zoology and Mech Engineering. We have one son who is a sophomore economics major at TAMU. We are invested in TAMU to the point my middle son will not apply to other college! Grr. He has been accepted but remains in Eng review. He is top 10%, but his SAT is only 1210 with 650 in math. Of course he never cracked an SAT prep book or prep test… Grrr. Really sweating it here!

@93Aggie I’m class of 93 but in Finance so sure our paths never crossed. My son is freshman econ major. loves it so far. Good luck to your 2023 son. If your son gets Blinn academy, will he take it?

It is a lengthy process - and must be complete (by today)… I understand you have to forego all other scholarships if you get the Brockman.

Absolutely! My oldest, top 11% and 1300 SAT, was on Blinn team for a year. Now full TAMU sophmore. It was confusing due to different payment and registration schedules between Blinn and TAMU, but otherwise positive. Socially and academically similar to full TAMU. Was a chip on his shoulder to not be full TAMU, but actually made him work harder to prove himself. Has above a 3.5. Highly recommend!

Update: My son checked the site today and it must have updated overnight or this morning. He has been accepted into engineering (College Station, mechanical).

Applied: 10/15
UIN: 10/17
College Admit / Engineering Review - 11/1
Major: Computer Engineering
Out of state

I saw someone posting in the last page about applying on 10/14 and getting into engineering before the end of the month. My college admit letter is dated 11/1, so I’m assuming my engineering review started only then. How long do you think it will take to get a decision one way or anything. Sweating it :frowning: