TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Mommmm430 @JaceyK My daughter was offered PSA yesterday in her AIS and it does indeed say “Congratulations! You’ve been offered the Program for System Admissions (PSA) .” Just because it hasn’t said that in previous years doesn’t mean it can’t now. PSA offers are rolling out like it or not!

@hopeTAMUengmom just trying to keep track as things progress. Was your daughter a potential engineering major? Wishing your daughter all the best as she makes next step decisions.

About 24 hours ago I got the PSA offer in the portal as well but I do not have the 6 tabs and in the manage applications it says I’m under review. It still only has the 3 tabs so I would assume that the manage applications status should have changed from under review by now too. I think there may be a mistake so I am going to probably call as well.

My daughter has no changes, 3 tabs, her majors listed are BA in Chemistry and BioChem. She is holistic review admit. Anxiously awaiting. Congrats to all who are receiving such great news! She has been accepted to Auburn but wants Aggieland!

Perhaps some PSA offers are coming out now because those majors don’t qualify for Blinn Team? The link below shows the majors that have a pathway via Blinn Team.

http://blinnteam.tamu.edu/

Just FYI (to clear up any confusion), you’re not going to get the six tabs in Howdy if you’re offered PSA.

Given the predictions for another record year for applications, TAMUs strategic push to increase geographical diversity (significantly increasing apps in previously low access markets), and UT further reducing the number of the Freshman admits, it doesn’t surprise me in the least that PSA offers are going out a little earlier than they have in past cycles.

How do we know that? Could things have changed? Wondering b/c I have no idea. THX

My AIS updated— I got accepted for Sociology at college station!!!

So the PSA will show up in AIS and not in Howdy?
We still don’t see anything.

Congratulations!

She applied: August 1, 2020
When did you receive your admission decision: Pending
Major/College of Choice: Meteorology

She completed her application on August 1, 2019 and is still listed as pending. I called to inquire on her status back before Christmas and was told that it would be late February before a decision is made. Every other college she applied to, at the same time, has accepted her and offered her partial and full academic scholarships before November. What is the hold up with Texas A&M?

Do you mean Geographic as in more International students or do you mean diversity as in Racial Diversity?

Have any holistic non engineering OOS students heard anything?

@ajsmom1106 What are her stats? I’m just wondering how they compare to my son’s…he was accepted back in late October (Meteorology major). We were very surprised he was accepted so early as he was a holistic review applicant.

I mean that TAMU is actively expanding it’s reach to areas of Texas that haven’t traditionally produced a lot of applicants (lower levels of communication, marketing, recruitment, etc…), such as rural and inner city locations. One of their strategic goals is to increase representation from every part of Texas. In their DARS data, they provide counts by counties, for example.

Edited to add for clarity: I’m not talking about affirmative action. I’m talking about TAMU responding to the State’s desire for Texas publics to reach every corner of Texas. ← That’s a good thing! Still, an anticipated result is an ever-increasing pool of applicants each year. Increasing demand in previously under-served areas produces more and more qualified applicants (including auto admits, and for this year, academic admits). So, with record numbers of applicants, many of whom with assured admissions, and with TAMU with rolling admissions, it seems probable that alternative offers would start to go out sooner.

UT is seeing the same effect (and it’s all holistic review for major). There was a blood bath for auto admits getting into 1st and 2nd choice majors earlier this week.

My friend called and was told that PSA is his official admissions decision.

I see. Thank you for responding. Affirmative Action will not help my child. Nor does Geographical area either since we are in one of the big cities in Texas. Yikes on UT, that would be upsetting that AA students were not able to get their choice of major as they are top 6% and have worked so hard…then that means they will be accepting TAMU…this doesn’t look too good for us.

When did you apply 11/21 /2019
Rank top 25%
GPA 3.9 uw 5.05 w out of 6
SAT 1310 700 math 610 reading
Review admit
When did you receive admission 1/16/2020
Major/ Forensic science

Volunteering 125 hours from school and church
4 years varsity soccer
All 4s and 5s on 5 APs

My high school is super competitive and one of the top public high schools in Texas.

@Colhopeful728 . Re. alternative Pathways link to TAMU. Go to admissions page on website (admissions.tamu.edu) then from Freshman scroll over to ‘How to be admitted’ & click on Alternate Admissions Pathways. This then gives you the opportunity to go into detailed info on each alt pathway. The ‘Other Pathways’ link is also def worthwhile clicking on.