TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@icedmachiato tamu and really any campus won’t divulge info on campus related deaths. This was not a violent crime tho. That was disclosed.

I think that person was talking about a friend who got PSA in psychology. She mentioned that her major had changed to her second major of sociology (first choice was psychology) and sociology is what she ended up getting accepted in. Or at least that is how I read it. ?‍♀️

yes! I believe we were both talking about our friends who received word of their PSA offer earlier today. The user who also mentioned their friend who got PSA, unlike the friend, was granted full admission to psychology. Each had 6 tabs yesterday and their portals were updated today with the offer. Historically, has Blinn-Team decisions ever came out in late January? I’m not sure I want to go based off of last years stats because of a handful of PSA offers being given early- something that hasn’t been seen before.

Y’all are right. Thank you. I was so confused. I went through 37 posts I think at the time. I was taking notes lol. ??‍♀️ I feel much better now! It makes sense.

Last semester, we made a special visit to meet with the Political Science department advisors. We were told at that time that Psychology is one of the majors that fills up. My daughter is still in the review process. She applied in August and we’re hoping that there’s a decision coming soon. Although it’s speculation on our parts, we think that Psychology is full and that’s the reason the friends of @user_482783 and @tamuletmein received PSA so early.

Congratulations to all that received their acceptance! We’re just hoping for an answer at this stage of the game. Daughter has a solid backup plan, but my Class of '85 heart hopes that she’ll be able to continue the family tradition (grandpa Class of '58, aunt Class of '87).

I got in as a review admit!!! I’m so excited; A&M has been my dream school since forever, and I’m over the moon. I was truly preparing myself for the worst lol

Review Admit
Applied 11/21/19
Major: Biology
Class Rank: Top 28% (2nd Quartile)
GPA: 3.88 W, 3.5ish UW
SAT: 1310 (720 R/590 M)
ACT: 30 (35 W/32 R/ 27 M/ 24 S)

Admitted 1/16/20

Good luck to everyone applying! I hope you all get the decision you’re looking for. :slight_smile:

Wondering if there have been any review applicants accepted into Public Health yet?
I haven’t seen Public Health mentioned too often.

@pepper5420 I applied public health as my first choice. I’m review and haven’t heard anything. 26% 30 ACT

congrats @isabellat11 not too many 2Q have been admitted so far. I’m so happy for you!!

Congrats on this wonderful achievement! I’m still waiting for my engineering decision, but I sure hope to see you on campus this coming semester.
:slight_smile:

@tamuletmein Thank you so much! I took a look at your posting history and your ECs are killer and so is your GPA. It’s not your fault you have what I assume is a rigorous high school, and I doubt A&M will hold that against you. Good luck!

@thesaraimartinez Thank you too!! Engineering is tough, man. I’m so lucky I have no interest in trying for a major that competitive. Best of luck!

Congrats!! Curious, when did you notice your decision was posted? I’m just wondering it it only updates at 0730 or also at additional times during the day? Or even evening?

Thanks! I’m fairly certain I got my decision at around that 7:30 pm mark. I had briefly checked my portal in the morning and my application had no new updates.

Congrats @isabellat11 !!!

Cookmom- my son had to be accepted around evening, I don’t know what time, but the day he was accepted I was on Howdy in the morning and didn’t see anything. Went back on at night and saw his acceptance. Which means, he got acceptance sometime thru evening.

My son is going for Comp Sci (Gen Engineering). HIs stats are great. He’s 15% percentile, awesome math/science grades (AP), and missed academic admit by one English point Yes we keep taking the ACT again and again - the closest he has gotten is that one point off - three times!

My question is, if offered PSA or Blinn Team, do they tell you why? I Have a current sophomore who will be looking to do this exact path after her brother (engineering though different field) and if it ends up that he doesn’t get full admit to COE it would be helpful to know what we could do differently for her.

@AggieMomhelp I’m so sorry for any confusion!!! Let me clear some stuff up:

I checked my howdy portal on Wednesday and saw that I had gotten the 6 tabs. I got excited and posted on here, thinking I had gotten admitted to Psychology. Then I went back and checked my AIS and noticed that only my second choice major, Sociology, was showing up up in my AIS (like even where it said first choice major and at the top where it says your major). Then yesterday at about 1:00pm, my AIS updated all the way saying I was admitted.

As for my friend, she also had applied for psychology, and got her six tabs a little bit before me. But on Wednesday, when she checked her AIS, it said something along the lines of “Congratulations, you’ve been admitted through PSA!”

A lot of people were saying that PSA should not be coming out right now, but I think that Psychology has filled up, considering I got my second choice major and a couple people got offered PSA for psychology.

Again— so sorry for any confusion!!! If it makes y’all feel any better it was a really confusing couple of days for me too haha

@user_482783 Thank you for the clarification. It is still shocking that PSA got 6 tabs - my son never received the 6 tabs so that is definitely a new one. I don’t understand how PSA would get 6 tabs when they couldn’t utilize the tabs if not fully admitted. Is it possible they are confused by which tabs to look at?

Edited to add: Congratulations to you on your acceptance!

Another question?

Should my son change his major right now to Ag. Business and if so, how does he do that? Also could he put political science as his second choice, or should he just remove Mays Business from his first choice entirely since it has assumed to be filled up?

@JaceyK I have always wondered how PSA is a soft rejection? To me it seems pretty positive because if successfully followed you get into A&M the next year.