TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I am an out of state applicant and yes my school does rank so I will probably call them tomorrow and I have a 35 sub score in math in the ACT and I am in AP Calculus BC so that is why I was wondering if the second quarter placement is the reason I have not gotten in. My weighted GPA is a 4.7 and unweighted is a 3.7.

@AggieDreamin Iā€™m just really nervous because the only reason I would go is if I am in College Station and Iā€™m not sure if it is too late but I thought that since I got into Purdue and Illinois I would have no trouble getting into A&M.

@cantwaittogetin definitely call! Sounds like they made a mistake. Good luck!

@cantwaittogetin just to confirm that you checked Howdy to see if you have 3 tabs or 6?

@AggieDreamin I have 3 tabs in Howdy. I havenā€™t been paying much attention so what does that mean?

@AggieDreamin and do you know if it is still too late to get into College Station or is there still a chance?

@cantwaittogetin If you gave 6 tabs then you were admitted and I just wanted to make sure you didnā€™t miss it.

In Howdy, all applicants have 3 tabs ā€œhomeā€ ā€œapplicantā€ ā€œmy recordā€. The additional 3 tabs are added upon admissionā€¦but usually before AIS updates so they have always been seen as a precursor of good things to comeā€¦they are ā€œmy financesā€ ā€œstudent lifeā€ ā€œmy howdyā€

@cantwaittogetin I donā€™t think it is too late ?

I am not an expert on admissions, but I thought the auto admit is only for instate students. I donā€™t think out of state students have auto-admit to Texas Public Colleges. However, you should still call them to correct the ranking though.

Auto admit is (was) for OOS. Maybe canā€™t can list his schedule? I assume they will only down rank if it isnā€™t rigorous. All my kids were OOS applicants admitted early on to eng (last year and '15) and my impression was that they took the rank as given (rigorous, no weighted gpa for IB or AP, basically the opposite of Texas,). We didnā€™t even know rank was a thing until after kid one. Again though, IMHO timing of application is a real thing.

Auto admit is top 10% - Texas only. Academic admit is anyone - Top 25% with certain test scores. (But this is the final year for academic)

Sorry, I meant academic admit.

D got into UT School of Communications. She is still in holistic review for A&M. Anyone been accepted into Communications. Anxiously awaiting.

Your DD did well to get into UT for her major. That is a pretty cool outcome for her, no?

[QUOTE=""]

GPA: 4.0
Sat 1170 >>

[/QUOTE]

Is TAMUā€™s communications better than UT?

Hi all- I poste last Tuesday that my son was accepted into the engineering program at College Station after review and being academic admit.

I wanted to share that on Friday, he was offered full admission into his first choice (electrical engineering) major at UT in Austin. While my husband and I were truly pulling for him to be an Aggie, his heart was always in Austin!
So, we wonā€™t be seeing yā€™all in the fall and I wonā€™t get become an Aggie Mom ?
But, we are super excited for him and he is very happy. We all know how competitive it is for students to be accepted into either of these two engineering schools so I do feel very blessed that my son was accepted into BOTH.

@Boogie818 Congratulations to your son !! He should be very proud being accepted to both engineering schools ā€¦ Hookā€™em Horns !! Gigā€™em Aggies !!

My daddy was a chemical engineer from UT. He bled orange. He really did love his time there in the late 50s-early 60s.

Yes, she has a very strong resumeā€¦ she is bilingual. She has been in a special program in our school district- Spanish Immersion Program. Lots of extracurriculars including Captain of her Varsity Soccer Team. She actually made a 1190 on SAT. Her sister is at A&M. She is thrilled to be accepted by UT! But also loves A&M.

Will we see anything come out of admissions today given itā€™s a holiday?