TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Sorry parents, but I heard from one of my contacts at the University that the admittance information was supposed to be released on Sept 19th and they have removed any information about being admitted. Good news is if you were worried something was wrong with your auto admit status, there probably isn’t. You just missed the small window to get a sneak peek.

@HSmomof4 You can apply for on-campus housing before accepting admission. If you decide to cancel your housing contract you may lose some of your deposit. It’s spelled out in the application process.

@fishfamx4 hey there, sorry I thought I had replied to that. Academic and auto admits will continue to get notifications over the next month. Holistic reviews in general (there could be exceptions) won’t hear back til late November/December for the first “round”. The majority will hear back in January and February. If your child goes from holistic to academic, he’ll find out earlier.

@aggie2024mom I think BAC refers to Bachelor’s degree as opposed to Masters or PhD. I think the major is something like Undeclared (or similar) until the College of Engineering admits the applicant. Even then, aren’t all engineering freshman put in a general engineering major until after ETAM?

@xiaobaomama2020

While your son is admitted to the university, all applicants undergo holistic review for the engineering major. Those admissions come out seperately.

AgDad whose 17yo is a senior waiting on A&M review admit decision, as a long shot.

When did you apply: July 6
Class Rank: Top 25% (11.5%)
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1180 (610 R/W; 570 Math)
ACT (with Sub Scores) 24
When did you receive your admission decision: Not yet
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Sports Management / Education

My son applied to five schools. He was accepted to four. TAMU is the reach. He took four AP courses junior year, got discouraged and lost steam. GPA dropped to 3.61 unweighted, 4.02 weighted and rank slipped under the top 10%. Not willing to give up, he kept three APs for senior year. But, it is too late to regain rank before the deadline. His SAT is not near the Academic Admit requirement. I imagine he will end up at one of his other choices. But, as a former student myself, with my oldest at UT, I am curious if there is any hope for a Gateway or Blinn Team admission. Any thoughts?

@AggieMomhelp When we applied last year we were required to send both sets of SAT scores he had taken we couldn’t chose between the 2. I am assuming if he had taken them a 3rd time after he applied, no we would not have to submit those scores. I didn’t realize she/he had already applied when they posed the question.
@mememe1 I wish I could share with you the image the numbers were on. It came in an email from the school, but I think you may be able to find it on their twitter feed.
Sorry I didn’t respond sooner…I had the good fortune to be in NOLA this past week for a nursing conference.

@AgDad90 Wow, your son has already received acceptances to 4 schools?! That’s great! Other than TAMU, I did not realize people would hear back so soon from colleges. I have applied early to some, but they don’t send out decisions until Jan or Feb…

@4Family4 Yes. My son has been accepted to his #2 & #3. Just waiting on his #1… (Come on A&M!).

i assume Wednesday is the day? My son- auto admit- has had six tabs since Friday, but no change in AIS.

@txagdad The other day someone mentioned that it’d be Thursday the 19th. ??‍♀️

@txagdad check the majors under AIS. or My profile student infor

Howdy AIS is no longer in maintenance.

@uquestionta
how did they assign 2nd quartile when your SAT score is so high? It should be according to test scores

Does TAMU require the essay portions of the ACT or SAT? I’m seeing conflicting things when I try to look it up. The Office of Admissions say “Optional essay/writing portion is not required.” but the common data set says it is required.

Yes his howdy has six tabs and under profile and official transcript it says Mays Business School. I assume that means full admit to Mays. Will be good to see it on AIS though.

@4Family4 My DS20 son has also received admission from 3 Texas state schools so far, and will be applying to A&M very soon.

The wait for the A&M decision will be a lot less stressful having some options confirmed.

@gogogogobruins Rank has nothing to do with scores and everything to do with GPA and school demographics.

@TXRunningMom TAMU does not require the essay, but some scholarships might. I’m not well versed on that part but from prior threads I remember seeing this being a reason they do the essay on the ACT/SAT.

Yes, 4Family4; that is correct. I encouraged my son to apply over the summer, so that he would not have that hanging over his head when school started. He did them all in July. He was automatic admit at two other Texas schools and got quick acceptances. He also received acceptances already from two out-of-state schools. TAMU is the most competitive school he applied to. So, we wait.