TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Congrats on an offer! My son is still waiting to hear from Holistic Engineering. I saw the posts regarding UT Cap and checked my sons account this morning and he too received said offer. Why an engineer would consider Liberal Arts is beyond me…come on TAMU…still waiting and hopeful.

We were waitlisted too at 6am. COLA. Does anyone know how this works? If you select both will they really consider you for full admission or is it most likely that you will get TEAM? She has so many dual credit hours. Yikes!

My son received offer to select one of the following: Blinn Team, Blinn Team and Waitlist, or Waitlist this morning. Surprised he was not admitted. 1340 SAT 6.04/6.0 multiple APs and extracurriculars. He selected Waitlist only - not considering Blinn Team. My college sophomore was offered Gateway 2 years ago with same GPA, but significantly lower test score (there was no hardship like people talk about on here). Also, Political Science major.

Does this mean that there are probably not too many more full admit offers/TEAM if they are asking people to be put on the waitlist? Or do you think this means that particular major is getting close to full? @pepper5420 i chose public health too! haven’t seen anything either. I investigated this forum last night to see if anyone received anything :))

The TAMU offer says they are FULL. Both of my daughters choices were for COLA.

I haven’t seen any changes in AIS or Howdy. Is the waitlist offer appearing in AIS?

I am so surprised at the rejection of Blinn TEAM offers - my son would have given his right arm/leg for this offer!! ALL who have received this offer - it is STILL a full admission!!! With the exception of taking half classes at Blinn and the other half at TAMU!! This is considered (to me anyway) an overflow offer - TAKE IT! My daughter who is at TAMU now has 2 roommates that took Blinn TEAM - she would have NEVER known they were Blinn TEAM until they told her!! OMG - I am just floored by the responses - If you are worried about the general studies, don’t - your student (or you, if you’re the student) are in the driver’s seat - you choose your destiny.

Please read the FAQs - here it says you still get to live on-campus, eat on campus, join TAMU fraternities/sororities, join corp, etc.

https://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

Just checked my portal and I got the same message! TAMU is where I want to be so no brainer, I chose both!

My daughter said yes to both waitlists, but she is concerned about TEAM since she has 37 dual credit hours already.

AIS

@iMacTX yes, mine was in my AIS.

@TXTransplant12 Congratulations to your son!! So far, TAMU admissions is really pulling the blankets out from underneath us parents who were anxiously waiting for results last year - nothing is going according to what we thought! Your son is the first BIMS applicant to receive Blinn Team that we have heard of (on CC, that is). Please do let us know what the adviser says in regards to his major and being General Studies at Blinn Team. We had hoped that my son would receive Blinn Team (he was also a BIMS applicant - 12.4% rank, 29 ACT (met minimum for both sections)) but he received PSA in March of last year.

BTW the waitlist is a new one, I think - don’t think that’s been offered before. Edited to add, no it’s not new. @AggieMomhelp Can you offer historical insight to this?

Waitlist is in AIS, nothing changed on Howdy, still 3 tabs. Maybe it would have changed if he had selected Blinn Team? Also, I know many people on here are A&M or die, but my son was on the fence with a nice scholarship from Baylor. So every kid is different, some kids will do anything to go to A&M - he is not that kid.

The site, in addition to being waitlisted, also said that we will defiantly get PSA if we don’t make it onto either TEAM or FULL admission. My daughter will not take PSA.

My daughter was accepted to Baylor too…it is just so much money even after the scholarship. Wish there was a fairy god mother out there with some extra cash. lol.

Can someone post clarification - is the waitlist to full TAMU admission AND to Blinn Team? Or is it giving you a choice - Blinn TEAM or waitlist to TAMU? I am confused by the waitlist offer if Blinn TEAM is an offer on the table too because to me, Blinn TEAM is full admission (because you get the same benefits as a full TAMU admit).

i was going to ask for info about the waitlists: like, when a decision would come out, if all the waitlisted people would be reevaluated. but i guess the waitlist is new? i want to go to a&m no matter what (trying to go to vet school) so i guess taking the waitlist for both cstat and TEAM is the best choice- right?

@JaceyK Your choices were: FULL admissions ONLY, TEAM ONLY, or FULL and TEAM

*I corrected this comment to say TEAM and not Blinn

@Home2Collegex2 all of those choices are waitlist? Blinn Only - what is that? It would have to be Blinn TEAM because just Blinn only requires separate application (if I recall correctly). So I am confused. :slight_smile: