TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

ok. I’m completely confused. Are some receiving: “full” TEAM OFFER, and choice for: waitlist for “full” entry? Or, is it waitlist offer for both full & TEAM?

Hoping it’s good sign?

@melmstx Do you mind sharing your son’s stats? Ranking, ACT/SAT, GPA?

It seems like the offer is for placement on waitlists. The options are:
College Station only, TEAM only or Both College Station and TEAM.

Three options.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

@chilanga513 His ACT Comp is 27, 21% at a large 6A school, 4.0 weighted, he has over 320 volunteer hours and 4 years of Football, Spanish and Theatre. The message states there is no guarantee to receive either option, so we will continue to wait. I have to think this is helping the admissions office prioritize applications for TEAM since it sounds like there are so many more applicants this year. Best of luck to your daughter!

@Home2Collegex2 My daughter is still waiting to hear anything from A&M other than “your application is complete and in review”! She was accepted to Baylor as well with a good scholarship, but yes. Still pricey! We haven’t done anything about housing at Baylor b/c that’s non-refundable, but we really need to move on if A&M isn’t going to work out.

My daughter just received the choice that many of you are getting: Waitlist & Team, TEAM only, or Waitlist only… (Waitlist is full admission). She chose Waitlist & Team. She wants to join her two sisters in Aggieland no matter what! I’m just glad we are hearing something. Her AIS also says if she doesn’t reply by April 1, she will be offered PSA…and if she is not accepted off the waitlist, she will be offered PSA. She doesn’t want that, she wants to be in CSTAT with her sisters. So plan B is to attend Blinn and transfer.

Her stats:
1st quartile ranked by A&M (homeschooled)
SAT: 1300 Math 660, R&W 640
GPA: 4.0
Varsity volleyball captain, lots of leadership and ECs, 4-H leadership
over 400 hrs of volunteering
*side note: no APs, or dual credit (this may have hurt her, but there’s no telling)
1st choice major: Wildlife & Fisheries, 2nd Choice: Zoology

Got my decision this morning. Offered BlinnTEAM or Waitlist.

When did you apply: 7/1/19
Class Rank: 8/61 (top 13%)
ACT (with Sub Scores):
Composite 29, Math 26, Science 27, Reading 31, English 33, (February 2019)
Composite 28, Math 25, Science 27, Reading 26, English 31, (April 2019)
Composite 29, Math 24, Science 24, Reading 35, English 32, (July 2019)
Composite 29, Math 27, Science 26, Reading 27, English 35, (September 2019)
Superscore: Composite 31, Math 27, Science 27, Reading 35, English 35 (yes I know A&M doesn’t superscore)
When did you receive your admission decision: 1/24/19
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Political Science

Nothing for my daughter today. I’m getting very nervous for her. She just got her acceptance to CU Boulder a few days ago which is the last school she was waiting to hear back from other than A&M so we are all anxious now. Her dad and I are still keeping our fingers crossed for A&M since it is closer and much cheaper! A&M was the only Texas school she applied to.

Waitlist for both. College admissions is crazy. My friend received team at the beginning of this week- 25% 21 ACT. I wish we could post pictures on here than y’all would be able to see what we see on AIS. It just says if you choose waitlist you will be considered for full admission and if you choose team you will only be considered for team. I opted for the option that will reconsider you for both. My friend who got into UT Engineering got this offer from TAMU today

Are any of the waitlist kids Out Of State? We are OOS and have no change.

when I visited over the summer, I was told that they were going to try and do away with Gateway. Could the waitlist be a replacement for that?

I did not receive my admission decision today. For UT, every Friday they send a wave of decisions out and I was curious if TAMU had waves like that or exact dates where they would send decisions? Does anyone know?

Did your friend apply for TAMU Engineering as well? So he also got waitlisted for Engineering school??? Yikes…waiting for my DD on Engineering.

As a mom of a current junior in HS who is planning on applying to TAMU this summer as soon as the app opens, this new Wait List curve is just fueling my anxiety lol. I wonder if this shake up is because this was the last year for Academic Admit? We are going down for Aggieland Saturday Feb 8th, lets see if they address this or provide any insight in the admissions sessions, will report back if I learn anything.

They have waves - like today’s waitlist wave. But not on any particular dates.

My daughter got waitlisted too. She had Political Science. This is so disheartening and proof that the top 10% no longer serves its intended purpose. We hate to see 10% getting in with significantly lower ACT scores but it is what it is. I told her to keep her head up. Texas A & M acceptance is NOT a reflection of who she is as a student. She has scholarship offer from Texas State and has been admitted into the Honors School. We are not waiting around to still be in limbo with housing and everything else. They should do away with top 10% and do academic admit rather than the other way around to be honest. Just my 2 cents for whatever that is worth! lol.

Waitlisted today for Allied Health
Top 10.8%
300+ Service Hours
Multiple leadership positions
Top ten rule sucks!!!
But I picked to be considered for Full Admission

I am so sad today :(( I don’t know what this means for me and I feel that it will be impossible for me to be put off of the waitlist. Now after all this waiting I have to wait again for another offer! I’m not sure if I should lose hope and go to my second choice school. Does anyone know if something very good can come out of this? I’m glad I at least heard something.

@BlueBayouAZ @AggieMomhelp; @AggieDreamin; @AggieMomAgain; @JaceyK Does anyone think/guess there’ll be a PSA ONLY layer of offers? …like we’ve seen in previous cycles. Or do you think this guaranteed PSA safety net from waitlist options today could be it?

I’ll be honest, I feel like I can’t wait much longer at all. Housing at other college I’ve already got into are filling up and still no response from A&M and I’m starting to feel hopeless. In terms of studying, I’m not an extremely high test scorer, but I do try my hardest and get great grades. All I want is to be apart of blinn team at this point, so I can join Aggieland with my brother. Should I give up on my dreams, or risk going to alternative colleges because of wait time?