TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Anyone agribusiness?

Can anyone provide some insight? Daughter got waitlisted. Is there an advantage to applying to TEAM only? I would think you would have better odds to to College Station and TEAM choice. Before she makes her choice, we wanted Y’alls thoughts as to why you might only choose one?

The engineering holistic process is definitely interesting
My cousin told me that her top 10% auto admit student (ranked last in that 10%) got full admit in TAMU engineering this week. She was super nervous bc the application had been in review for months plus the best SAT score was 1170, very few volunteering hours, comes from a small Texas HS, no leadership positions, ok essays, no HS engineering classes but has always taken the Pre-AP classes offered in core classes, has taken 4 dual credit classes, sports for 4 years, no clubs or leadership positions, and is currently in AP Physics and Calculus. Also, has never done any official TAMU visit. I’m super happy for them so maybe there is still some hope out there for auto admits that may not have the greatest scores or resume and are still in review. My kiddo, on the other hand, is a review admit so still in review for engineering. He just filled out he Blinn/Brenham TAMU Engineering Academy yesterday as a backup plan in case he doesn’t get any offer from TAMU. I’ve heard great things about that program and my son is ok with that as plan B. Anyone else going to apply there if their student doesn’t get an engineering offer from TAMU or the Engineering Academy in CS? I hear they take about 100 applicants each year in Brenham.

@aggies8688 I called the admissions office yesterday and asked if there was an advantage or disadvantage to choosing both TEAM and Waitlist. The answer was there shouldn’t be. I’m not sure they know how it will be handled. My concern was that choosing both rather than TEAM would drag it out. I was told it should not lengthen the TEAM review. We chose both based on that.

Good luck to everyone whose student received the Blinn-TEAM/Waitlist offer!
I have no idea what is the best choice, I just hope that all of you receive an offer which allows your student to graduate with an Aggie degree and gold ring. :slight_smile:

If your student ends up at another fantastic school, may they bloom where they are planted. Or if they really want to be Aggies, may the transfer process go well.

This Blinn-TEAM/Waitlist offer is a new twist in the TAMU admissions process and it will be very interesting to see how it works out. TAMU must have received so many outstanding applications, it is mind boggling how much the increase is each year.

When my oldest daughter applied for Fall 2012, we were told at her NSC that about 32,000 applications were received for that year and approximately 8,000 students enrolled as Full Admissions, I didn’t keep track of how many seats were initially offered or how many received alternate offers.

Five years later, when my younger daughter applied, at her NSC in 2017, we were told that there were about 42,000 applications. About 11,00 Freshman enrolled as Full Admits and about 1,050 ish enrolled in Blinn-TEAM. And each year the admissions total increases.

There just aren’t enough seats at TAMU for all of the qualified students who want to be Aggies, and that is so sad. Texas is a big state.

I can’t imagine what the process will be like by the time my “future grandchildren” are ready for college!

Hi, I applied for Industrial Engineering and my AIS just changed from industrial engineering to undeclared and it now says engineering review and my howdy portal now has 6 tabs. What does that mean?

@cantwaittogetin It means you’re most likely (almost 100% certain) accepted. Congrats!

Wait, wouldn’t being waitlisted really hurt chances of getting scholarships/consideration for terry foundation scholarships? i was somewhat okay with being waitlisted but having to wait even longer until march/april as well as potentially lose some really needed aid makes this feel a bit worse

@cantwaittogetin agree it looks like you are in! Congratulations! However, it does seem unclear into what college. Did it change from undeclared to Engineering Review and the undeclared disappeared?

what does that mean? 6 tabs on the howdy portal? can someone further explain because i have no clue

Log into “Howdy”, then under the “Howdy” banner (on left side of screen) you will see “tabs”. Six tabs will be “Home”, “Applicant”, “My Finances”, “Student Life”, and “My Howdy”. This indicates admit.

Have any non engineering or Mays holistic review people been offered full admission yet?

I think the foundation scholarships, if not already decided whom to interview or award, they most likely already have the pool of potential candidates set. For example, Brown and Brockman already sent out invitations and awards. I don’t know Terry foundation schedule for A&M, but my son already received an email from them via his UT Austin admission. It’s just my observation 
 maybe someone else have better insight?

Another thing you can do is checking out the foundation web sites to see their selection processes to know their selection processes better.

Yes

@AggieDreamin My college changed to undeclared college but my major says Engineering review

How long does it take for the AIS to update after the six tabs have appeared on the Howdy portal

@cantwaittogetin It usually takes a day or so but since it is the weekend not sure. Maybe someone more familiar with Engineering would have some insight on having undeclared college but in Engineering Review. Not sure I have seen this combo.

Does anyone know if they give engineering admission decisions during the weekend? Automatic-Admit
In-State
Top 10%
SAT- 1280
Gpa- 4.07
Lacrosse all 4 years
Captain for Senior year Lacrosse
Band all 4 years
AP Stats, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, AP Environment, AP Biology, AP Calc BC all taken either last year or this year correlating to STEM
Engineering Class freshman year
What are my chances?

Very common for applicants admitted but not admitted to engineering

Have any OFFICIAL blinn team acceptances gone out yet?