TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

There were some Blinn Team offers go out before the waitlist started. Haven’t seen any waitlisted Blinn Team get offers yet.

I want to encourage everyone to hold on… My DD got her acceptance to Gateway on February 20 in 2018. Gateway was an incredible program and because of that and Dual Credit she is a sophomore with junior hours. It was the best experience! She learned ALOT of tips about campus that she wouldn’t have learned if she had just started in the fall. Gateway students attend the second summer session and they learn about all resources on campus for tutorials, reviews, SI sessions, and walks them through the degree plan step by step. I haven’t heard of any Gateway offers yet and I know it is happening again this summer. If my DS got a Gateway offer we would be thrilled.

Has anyone from hollistic review for economics gotten any update?

@22hope - Did your daughters portal status change prior to receiving her Gateway offer?

My sons portal has not changed and has been complete in review since the end of August.

@Hope2Baggie It had already changed to six tabs because she applied seperately to A&M Galveston and had already been accepted. When she got accepted to Galveston in the Fall of 2017 she got six tabs. So we couldn’t use that as a ‘clue’ for acceptance to CS.

@22hope - thank you! We are still holding out hope…not sure if its a good sign or bad sign that my sons portal hasn’t changed at all.

@Hope2Baggie Its not a bad sign. Many offers are still in the making. I really would love for my DS to get Gateway. It does mess with your summer vacay plans though!

DS was Econ major and holistic. Received an offer for TEAM-Blinn last Tuesday.

so are there full college station acceptances still coming out? i had a 29 act, 30 english, 34 math – 25% rank and i still havent heard anything for engineering or college of science little worried here

@arkeldi What is your first choice major and how long have you been in review? My daughter’s first choice major is micro biology and she had a 28, top 25% and has been in review since first of October.

Engineering offers are slowly coming out, even early decision applicants have not heard back still. I talked with an admissions counselor (Brandon), and he said that they’re working on sending out the decisions. If you’re regular decision, you should hear back sometime in mid-February. Early decisions folks are supposed to hear from mid-January to late January. Hope this clears some things up!

I am hearing Mays is full…is this correct? My son had a 1300 SAT, 28 ACT and ranked top quarter and is still in review. His first choice was Mays and second Agribusiness. Feeling a bit concerned all together…

@Hope2Baggie yes, mays has been full since November if not earlier. If your son gets in they will offer him 2nd choice. If you see mays drop off and ag business take first place, he will most likely be accepted. Keep your eye on tabs on howdy and the change of major. Hope that helps. My son. 2 years ago had exact same stats and got in in December. But less competitive than this year for sure. He didn’t get Mays but got second choice. He is now in Mays. Did change of major this semester. It can be done. So hang in there!!!

@AggieMomhelp - bless you!! I needed to hear that!!

been in review since later october for engineering-- not early… surprised your daughter hasnt heard back yet… although her stats seem very competitive for micro-- shouldnt be worried

I’m curious - if the average SAT (middle 50th percentile) for all admits is an SAT of roughly 1210-1400 (in 2018), any guess on what that range is for the engineering admits?

This may have a large degree of error but when talking to fellow freshman peers, they gave me numbers of 1300 - 1500, the average being around 1400 - 1450. Then again, I only talked to maybe 50 other freshman about it, so I don’t know how accurate it is

^^^ Sounds like a pretty good guess.

1370 is the median for engineering. And I think 1360 is the mean (average).

^^ Interesting. Thanks. Is that info. published by A&M or just something you discovered through other means?