TAMU Class of 2024 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

If we didn’t see change in Howdy or AIS this morning, is it possible changes could still be made throughout the day today? I read earlier on this thread that the declination letters have all been mailed out? Is this correct? Should we expect some sort of offer?

@Hope2Baggie Oooh… where did you hear about declination letters? And by that do you also mean PSA?

As for Engineering… I’m saying admissions does a good job by trying to get decisions out by Aggieland Saturday… not that they’ll wait that long to do it. SO yes, keep checking howdy/AIS for updates. I have never seen 6 tabs happen after early morning though, so if you don’t have 6 tabs at 8:00am central time, then I don’t think it’ll update later in the day. HOWEVER, AIS has seen updates throughout the day!

@Colhopeful728 Not encouraging you to stress yourself out but you may check once a day in the AM just in case you get an offer they provide you a choice. If you get one of those the quicker you respond the more likely you are to get the choice you want. For instance, the Blinn Academy usually fills up first. That being said, this year is totally different so who knows how it will go down. ?

@AggieMomhelp My son was early action engineering. Applied like 7/3, Holistic. Applied to TAMUG & TAMUCS. Direct TAMUG offer came in Oct. Just today seeing a change in his AIS pertaining to Cstat (looks like they’re also giving him full admit to Galvi). Still waiting for confirmation. AIS banner still says App In Review…

Someone on THIS blog said letters of decline went out via “snail mail”, and also check in documents in portal.

@kartmom17 interesting… let us know. If galveston offers are going out now, then that’s pretty much right on point. And it’s confusing when you apply to galveston at same time as cstat since howdy is the same! Keep us posted!

Does anyone happen to know if by “declination letters went out” are they referring to straight declination or are they referring to PSA offers as well?

@YankeeTexan33 My friend talked to admissions and he said letters of denial went out already, as in, if TAMU denied your application completely, with no offer of anything, not even PSA. He told her that if she didn’t receive that letter, she’s ok. Now, this is based on HER conversation with an admissions advisor. But, if this is true, then anyone who hasn’t received an outright denial letter is in good shape for some sort of admittance. But as we’ve seen here, anything is possible this year…

@AggieMomhelp - Yes…I read on THIS blog letters were sent out to those who would not be offered anything. Whether that is PSA or not I have no idea, as the person didn’t mention that. I am holding out hope that if thats true, my child will get some kind of offer. However his AIS nor his Howdy portal have changed. His first pick was Mays and then Agribusiness…the wait is killing us though.

Can someone explain the 6 tab thing to me? I have no understanding of what this means and am eager to see if there’s some indication of an answer. I applied for a biomedical major back in September have yet to hear anything.

Is A&M still giving out full acceptances for non-engineering majors? I want to major in psychology or philosophy and I haven’t received any notice yet. My friend however already got accepted to pharmaceuticals with the same stats as me and I’m concerned about my chances.

oh…so we have a very good chance of Full admit.

@Colhopeful728 College Station is not full for Engineering, though or at least last I heard. I would still check once every day (but that’s just my little obsessive self, hehehe)

@Desperateseni0r im pretty sure psychology is full. My friend who had automatic admit did not get psychology (her first choice) or Mays (her second choice). My first choice was psychology but I didn’t get it, I did however get full admission for sociology. One of my other friends also got PSA for psychology.

Added: this doesn’t mean you’re denied though!!! You could just be in review for your second choice major. What were your stats? Any extra curriculars??

@Colhopeful728 I think those engineering students that didn’t get an actual denial letter by now could still be offered full admissions to CS, Blinn Team, or PSA.

Any holistic review acceptances for Political Science? Been in review since October. I hope what I read about decliination letters going out is true.

Things are very different this year with the re-introduction of the waitlist after a 10 year absence. I posted this a while back - but it gives you a look at how things went down last year.

Most of the review admits we saw occurred 0n 1/30 - with some additional on 2/8. Jan. 28 was the date that engineering academy offers (with the message that College Station had reached engineering capacity) began occuring.

You can go back through last year’s thread if you want to see how things went down. It’s a good guide but nothing is set in stone.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2088998-tamu-class-of-2023-admission-decisions-discussion-p99.html

Here is my quick recap from 01/15 last year forward:
1/15 full admit decisions for engineering - both already admitted auto/academic and review candidates
1/23 full admit decisions for engineering - both already admitted auto/academic and review candidates
1/28 - Engineering academy offers
1/30 - Wave of review candidates to majors other than engineering
2/8 -Review candidates (would NOT call a wave) to majors other than engineering/College Station and academy engineering offers
2/14 Blinn TEAM
2/20 Blinn Team/Engineering Academies
2/26 - PSA
2/28 - Gateway
3/2 - PSA
and the PSAs continued through mid-March.

Also for the declination letters, from what I remember, the post said it was for people who’s applications were incomplete. From what I’ve heard, A&M in past years has offered PSA rather than declining people. However, like everyone’s been saying, this year is so different so it’s hard to tell

I wonder if it was due to UT lowering their Auto Admit to 6% instead of keeping it at 7% that extra 1% that was supposed to be admitted are now applying to TAMU and maybe accepting TAMU’s offer instead of taking UT’s CAP offer for instate students, that made the waitlist come back.

My question would be for those not waitlisted and are still waiting are they now looking for an offer…but then it might not apply to Engineering since they are still reviewing Engineering majors.

Well good luck to everyone still waiting. I will check everyday for sure. We are definitely crossing our fingers for a full admit at college station.